Dreams and Nightmares. Let's Share!

Yorda

Villainess Yorda the Virtuous Flower of Evil
Purpose
A thread where people post their dreams and nightmares could be interesting and entertain. Perhaps they could work as writing prompts or stimulate ideas. I wanted to share dreams and nightmares. I thought that maybe other people would want to as well.

Yorda

I tend to have a lot of dreams and nightmares that repeat, change, or continue sequentially. The nights when I have these dreams aren't consecutive though: they are sporadic instead. It would be really weird if I had the continuation of a nightmare every night ... that would be the continuation of my everyday life ... or something.

Nightmare Excerpt: Hell Train (Tentative Title) (Unfortunately I have nightmares like this sometimes)
There is a stowaway in the back of a train. The train cart he is on is an open one with strapped on crates and goods. He gazes across the expansive, bright, and warm grasslands as the old train continues to travel the land.

Inside of the train, I'm sitting down in my seat. There seem to be young soldiers all around me with their rifles and in military uniform. Not a modern style of uniform. Something more like 1800s military uniforms. One dumbass is just shooting the breeze pondering if god creates each cloud individually. The guy next to me grabs some rough looking scrap paper he had. He asks his mate to borrow his charcoal piece to write with. So he starts drawing and writing on the dingy paper. He begins by showing off his depiction of an ellipsoid, then he explains a special formula (not the standard formula) that can generate ellipsoids discovered by the prodigious son of some famous noble family. He goes on to postulate that with some randomized parameters it would be possible for innumerable variations of ellipsoid like shapes with ruffled surfaces.

As he is explaining this a *ping pon* noise sounds out. Television screens pop into existence in front of everyone within the train car. There is an accompanying voice with the television screen.

"A new and fantastic game! Let's play."

The host of this bizarre turn of events explains that very soon money is going to rain from the sky and everyone needs to collect as much of it as possible. Within a few moments objects begin to fall from random points inside the train car. I look down to see something strange. Golden bolts, silver plates, and bronze screws. I'm momentarily stumped by the turn of events, but I see some people going wild collecting and scooping up the shit. With trepidation I begin to gather a bit of the pieces and put them in my pocket not understanding what is going on, but thinking that something bad might happen if I ignore the money and don't collect anything. A fear of the unknown, not being prepared, and this strange situation. I half-heartedly gathered some pieces and waited.

"Congratulations!"

A girl next to me screams and throws a handful of money that was in her hand into the air. Down writhing worms. All the pieces of money that everyone had collected turned to wriggling, writhing worms, and the inside of my pocket too. I was worried that the worms the girl threw were on my head and clothing as well. Everyone panics. Some people are stomping on the bugs, some people are trying to shake off their clothing, and some are trying to leave the train car only to find the exits are locked.

The televisions then show something particularly jarring. It's a cartoon. Five cartoon ducks (I guess like Daffy Duck) are strapped to stainless steel tables. Many ducks are spectators in the background. The ducks look extremely anxious and worried; they are breaking out in a visible cartoon cold sweat. (Ignoring real avian anatomy) The more human-like ducks have something similar to a mechanized version of a doctor's reflex hammer above their kneecaps. When the hammer falls onto the ducks kneecaps five people in the train car shout out.

After that there is a new set of five ducks. There continue to be new sets of five ducks. Strapped to chairs. Chained to seats. Tied with rope to each other. Each set of five ducks experiences worse and worse until all the spectator ducks on the television screen are all gone.

"Time to pay up everyone! Or die!" But there appears to only be silence and crushed bits of metal scattered around the floor of the train.

The train stops at a cold metallic station. It's nighttime and the chilly fog and steam from the train rolls across the deserted platforms. The stowaway jumps off the train onto the platform discretely. He isn't too observant and doesn't notice that there aren't any other people than him. He's freezing his ass off in the northern station and looks around at a barren and snow covered land. His last thoughts are spent thinking, "Sure am fucked. Don't have enough to go nowhere from this shithole. No return fare."

Last edited:
Reactions: XOP

Yorda

I have a reoccurring nightmare Spiders worst thing is.....I don't even have to go to sleep for them to bother me....
Okay, one time I had a spider nightmare where a spider bit me, my heart imploded, and blood burst everywhere from my chest and mouth.

Spiders scare me a bit sometimes too! The ones that hide in my room, get trapped in the kitchen sink or bathtub, the little friends I see on my ceiling from time to time.

LWFlouisa

I would but it's not clear if they were nightmares or really happened. Long story short, lots of grey-type large headed entities without heads in my closet, flying saucers outside my hometown house window, and other things.

I've been prone to night terrors for much of my life, but my town has also has its own paranormal history, despite it not really being especially known for being a UFO hotspot.

I've actually held off writing about such things for a while.

XOP

Mine are just plain weird. Though there's one that stands out amongst the rest. I'm not sure if it's so much a nightmare as it's just strange, but, here we go...

Someone dressed in just their nightwear manned on their vehicle, driving along the densely packed streets of NYC. “What the heck is going on?!” they screamed, looking back. “Why is that thing chasing me?! What the heck happened?! Did I black out or something?!”

There wasn’t a soul in sight, save for the thing chasing the person. Lots of cars, but not a single other person in sight.

Some time earlier…

“Ah, this is life,” they mused, laying in the awfully comfortable beach style chair. “I could never have imagined it would be this great, laying down by the deck.”

On both sides, the wide open ocean stretched out in all its blue wonderful glory. The waves were calm, the light hint of salt hung in the air.

The person had longed for a nice quiet, peaceful break when, miraculously, the wish had suddenly been granted. Truly, it was a miracle. No, seriously, they had no idea how they’d even ended up here, but such minuscule matters wasn’t about to disturb this wonderful vacation…

And then, right on cue, it happened. Suddenly the waves started raging. The ship rocked wildly as the previously calm ocean had its waves rampaging all over. For as far as the eye could see, nothing but waterspouts, monstrous downpour of rain, and multiple lightning strikes each passing moment.

The figure screamed, wondering what was going on, “I’m going to–!”

Bang! A ferocious lightning strike, and the world went dark…

* * *​

Just a moment before, I’d been laying down, relaxing. And now I’ve found myself on board the ship, somehow “sailing” along the streets… How the fu–!

Crash! A wild crash shook the ship, interrupting my thoughts. Ding! Ding! Noise, like an arcade game’s point counter rang. We had hit a car, sending it flying to the side. That didn’t stop the ship’s path forward, however. But the terror on legs chasing me was getting ever closer.

I had more questions than I would even dare to try and list. Plus, while I had a difficult time to come to grips with these strange events, the present danger made me quickly forget such petty issues…

A certain mechanical soldier, sent from the future, was actively chasing me, rapidly closing in on me.

Yes. The nude man-like machine chasing me was exactly what you think – you didn’t read that incorrectly. Don’t ask why, I’ve no idea why. What I did know, was that it was pissed, royally so.

I stood by the stern on the ship – the back – and opened a large crate that sat there. It was filled with grenades. Don’t ask. I pulled the pin on one, and threw it. I thew the grenade, and another, and another, and so on. The point counter continued to signal, the counter ticked up as the destruction raged. But that didn’t stop the thing chasing me.

Suddenly I felt myself being thrown into the air. The ship had crashed onto its side.

“Aaaahhhh!!! Agh!” I screamed, and landed. I quickly stood to run away, but it already caught up to me… “This is the end,” I thought to myself, staring it in the eyes. It raised its hand, reached out and…

The world was once more enveloped in darkness.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
cuthulu hides himself under the guise of anime girls and every sperm cell a human mastrubates to the anime girl gets sacrificed to cuthulu for consumption and I woke up and didn't mastrubate for that day

GeriatricTools

Does running completely naked throughout a semi-haunted shopping mall count as a nightmare?
I don't think this is good as a writing prompt, but other nightmares I have are just me dying suddenly or falling.

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?
Okay. This dream started when u was 7 years old.

This started after watching a horror movie about a group of people who were in a forest and slowly died out in some hole and the girl was the only one left. In the end, she thought she escape from the hole, only to wake up back into a hole full of bloodied corpses.

Then, as i sleep, i got into a dream where i was in a place full of corpses as i was being chased by a monster. It was truly horrifying since i could really feel the fear of the dream, even thought of having to feel the pain. In the end, i would die and wake up from the dream.

It was truly a horrifying experience as even though i just wake up, i would see the corpses of people and lingering spirits of vengeful spirits that may relate to the corpses. I think it was related to the dream as it wouldn't go away until i completed it.

This continues for about a month before i actually completed the sequence of the dream before having the same dream, only with more scary and difficult monsters. By the time it finally ended, i was used to them that i lost the color of my eyes.

MrDarkness1234

Dark Matter of All Evil
Ok my dream started out being a mc in a random fantasy setting with stats and stuff.And then just quickly into a talk about how the future was and everything until I notice some lesbiens having sex with each other on the coach with one laying on it and other just licking her pussy and I'd just said calmly to stop it.

Then some weird shit happens that led me being stuck in a roblox mmo called boobs online that has a lot men having women with huge tits until so random person just stoped and deleated the whole sever.

And then some weird ass vr games that uses fullmotion body tracking and etc. That just got me bored and just going to my little brother room just cleaning until I heard 3 women having a threesome with each other.that just led me to slow but surely to ask if I could have sex with them cause they need another man to have sex with them.

Then its just become really weird with just me,ricegum, and tfue all having our dicks out with the water on top of us.then all 3 women fall out the tube have sex with each other except mines that fail and hurt her self so just did what do best and bandge her with a first aid kit with led to me failing in love with her and then the dream stops after I slightly woke up just making me realize that it's not sex is what I want but full love with a partner that can feel same way about me.

Btw it was today after I woke up

Silver_Sky

I only had one specific dream that I clearly remember even after so long I was walking down a long dark hallway (underground) until finally light shines from the front of the tunnel like hallway after being blinded for a short while I look where I was going in a cave like area in the middle was a kinda crystal castle with a crystal bridge going to it obviously can only go across the long ass bridge so I start making my way across I come a great deal and look into the castle from where I am I can see myself on the throne how my eyesight got that good I don't know but its a dream sequence soo I never questioned after I see myself look back at me and smile a sneer like smile the bridge shatters and falls to the darkness below with me on it

That's usually the end I had this dream 3? 4? Times only once was it different the very last time I made my way all the way across but would you have it the doors are closed and after failing to enter the ENTIRE gigantic ass castle shatters to shards the bridge breaks and the cave starts to crumble maybe it means something maybe not

If we're talking about other dreams its me from what bits I remember in everyday life doing a whole lot of nothing recognizing I'm in a dream and forget about it being a dream nearly instantly waking up and being like ???I thought I already did this???

Llamadragon

I have a reoccurring nightmare Spiders worst thing is.....I don't even have to go to sleep for them to bother me....
Oh yes, the 'I'm almost asleep so my brain decides that there are huge spiders next to my face to wake me right the heck up' thing? I can relate. :/ Though if it helps, the spiders are friendly.

So. My dream. Imagine this. Spiders. Next to my face. The size of my lower arm. Sometimes they're freaking FANTASY spiders, all green with gems on them and whatnot have they. That's how I woke up at least once a week, until this particular dream.
I went up the stairway to heaven. Classic Christian imagery, glowing clouds, angel chorus, you know the deal. And waiting for me up there was a spider in a Jesus suit. Not a spider person, just a spider in a toga, going "do not be afraid my child". I *know* that this spider is friendly, it's just trying to make me laugh at how dumb it all is, the precious little spider bean. But I can't, because it's still so darn terrifying even though it's funny.

So the spiders takes it as a challenge and step things up. Spider Jesus dramatically tosses his Jesus toga aside and reveals - *drumroll*, yes there was an actual drumroll in the dream - that it is now wearing three pairs of yellow rain boots. Its final pair of legs are holding maracas.
Thus they emerge, one after the other, hundreds and hundreds of spiders in rain boots going cha cha cha.
And I can't hecking deal with it. I laughed so hard I wake up. That was the last spider dream I had, haven't woken up from one since. I kind of miss them, they were sweethearts the whole lot of them, even though they startled me awake every time. I'm still scared of spiders but I can't look at them the same way anymore.

Bokuboy

cuthulu hides himself under the guise of anime girls and every sperm cell a human mastrubates to the anime girl gets sacrificed to cuthulu for consumption and I woke up and didn't mastrubate for that day

I can't believe you thought that was a dream. Ha ha... um... I mean.... that was a great dream. Yes, a dream. The Almighty Cthulhu decrees all dreams are just dreams and do not portend to the coming Age of Darkness. This is just a dream. A dream. A dream. A dream.

Bokuboy

Okay, the last post was a joke. Yes, really. Here's a dream I had. It was very vivid.

A zombie dream. I've had lots of them, this is just the latest one.

In this one, a group of people holed out in a house/compound and while there, I see a guy convince his friends to commit suicide because the circumstances are so bleak and there's no chance to survive. When they start to drink, I run and jump through the second floor window to the ground, because I know that when they die, they'll become zombies and kill everyone inside, compromising the safety of the compound. I get outside, and the zombies heard the glass of the window shatter and start chasing me.

I flee down the driveway where a group of vigilantes have some of the others held captive to try and get inside. They try to take me, but I grab the carpet knife one has and slit his throat. The other vigilantes turn to fire on me but I run by and slice their arms and faces until I get their leader and slit her throat as well when she doesn't give up. I flee from them, because as they die, they become zombies and start chasing me. I jump up and climb onto a concrete display, or fountain that doesn't work, to try and escape the rushing horde, but to no avail. They climb the other side and when they nearly get me I jump off and kind of glide or float away down a hill and onto the grass.

I think I hear someone say that I can't run away forever, and since I believe them... I'd get tired eventually. I think to myself that I may not be able to run, but I can escape... and then I woke up.

tak

<WARNING: NSFW image if illustrated>
  • Cool action-style escape & fight from a group of pursuers with a group of allies, flying and jumping from island to island. End up crashing on an island with a lot of fallen stars on the beach, naked. I tried to hide my body with the stars, but they're melting so now I just have this glitter paint over my privates. Pursuers & allies just stare awkwardly.
  • I have superpowers & I have to save my kidnapped father. But first, let's play hide and seek with these kids. Haha, they can't find me if I phase inside this tree. F*ck I can't get out. Help I'm trapped inside this tree!
  • In my dream, I am coming home to an apartment room with my friends. I opened the door. There are children thief ghosts. I close the door. I turned around to tell my friends but they're not there, there's just a murderer (i know somehow). It's him or me. I kill him. I got caught in a moral dilemma. I woke up.
  • It's a pokemon world. I enter a bus and inside it is a shop. Welp, might as well. I went window shopping & enter other buses to look around too. I get off the bus and realized I'm super lost, I spend all my money to buy the abandoned plot of land I'm standing on, because there's no way I can go back & now I must start a new life in this place. I start weeding the place while running away from the wild pokemons.

Yorda

Here's an annoying nightmare that I seem to repeat. I have tried multiple different things, but have been unsuccessful so far in escaping alive. I think I have figured out how this dream works, but I still don't think it's a dream that I can escape normally.

For me, different versions of the nightmare appeared in this order.

Just A Zombie, Demon Dog, Ghost, Nonsensical Mishmash
Version 1 - I'm inside an old house. It's fairly dark on the inside due to it being nighttime. Since the building is exceedingly creepy my first plan of action is to run outside. I run around minimally and leave through a kitchen exit. I notice that there is some light in the distance an a car parked on the dirt road outside. It appears to be a home on a small acreage. As I move towards the car, exit fence, and lights I hear somebody shout. There are a bunch of zombies, but before the zombies even reached me the dream somehow ends suddenly without my understanding why.

Version 2 - I notice an old house in the daytime and enter into it. I quickly realize that something is not right with the house. The paths and stairs are a bit Escher-like and only serve to cause someone to be trapped within the building. As I am running through the building I eventually run through heaps of spider webs and see white ghost girls who run away from me. Terrified I start running through the halls more until I give up trying to find an escape and just leave the building through a window. I find a old car outside on a dirt path, but it doesn't seem to be operational anymore and the dream cuts out.

Version 3 - Two men discover that there is a hollow space behind the wall of a stairwell in a home. The break the wall down to reveal an old dust covered basement space with various items as if some had just been living there and then disappeared one day. I look around at the old TV, couches, old books, cabinets, table with cards and gambling, and an unopened bottle of wine. After inspecting some rings and jewelry I leave the basement space and head upstairs. There seems to be a bunch of men. Some boy summons them to help him in the basement. I recognize that something is off with this dream and feel like everyone who went to the basement will die. I immediately begin to leave. There are two girls on an upper floor and after I start leaving they say they will tell other people for me. I pick up an object, smash the nearest window to create an immediate exit to the building, and jump out. It's still daytime and appears to be an acreage, but something about the colour of the sky is more orange, rust-coloured, and unnatural. Not like a sunset. I hear a man shout. He starts to run away and say he didn't make it. I don't understand what he meant until a giant demon dog that can jump 30 meters starts hoping towards me. I evade by flinging myself away nonsensically by pulling rope fences in the vicinity until the demon dog catches up with me in the air.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Here's an annoying nightmare that I seem to repeat. I have tried multiple different things, but have been unsuccessful so far in escaping alive. I think I have figured out how this dream works, but I still don't think it's a dream that I can escape normally.

For me, different versions of the nightmare appeared in this order.

Just A Zombie, Demon Dog, Ghost, Nonsensical Mishmash
Version 1 - I'm inside an old house. It's fairly dark on the inside due to it being nighttime. Since the building is exceedingly creepy my first plan of action is to run outside. I run around minimally and leave through a kitchen exit. I notice that there is some light in the distance an a car parked on the dirt road outside. It appears to be a home on a small acreage. As I move towards the car, exit fence, and lights I hear somebody shout. There are a bunch of zombies, but before the zombies even reached me the dream somehow ends suddenly without my understanding why.

Version 2 - I notice an old house in the daytime and enter into it. I quickly realize that something is not right with the house. The paths and stairs are a bit Escher-like and only serve to cause someone to be trapped within the building. As I am running through the building I eventually run through heaps of spider webs and see white ghost girls who run away from me. Terrified I start running through the halls more until I give up trying to find an escape and just leave the building through a window. I find a old car outside on a dirt path, but it doesn't seem to be operational anymore and the dream cuts out.

Version 3 - Two men discover that there is a hollow space behind the wall of a stairwell in a home. The break the wall down to reveal an old dust covered basement space with various items as if some had just been living there and then disappeared one day. I look around at the old TV, couches, old books, cabinets, table with cards and gambling, and an unopened bottle of wine. After inspecting some rings and jewelry I leave the basement space and head upstairs. There seems to be a bunch of men. Some boy summons them to help him in the basement. I recognize that something is off with this dream and feel like everyone who went to the basement will die. I immediately begin to leave. There are two girls on an upper floor and after I start leaving they say they will tell other people for me. I pick up an object, smash the nearest window to create an immediate exit to the building, and jump out. It's still daytime and appears to be an acreage, but something about the colour of the sky is more orange, rust-coloured, and unnatural. Not like a sunset. I hear a man shout. He starts to run away and say he didn't make it. I don't understand what he meant until a giant demon dog that can jump 30 meters starts hoping towards me. I evade by flinging myself away nonsensically by pulling rope fences in the vicinity until the demon dog catches up with me in the air.
Fucking write the next Rez Evil already

tak

it ends in a cliffhanger
a group of 5: 1 grandpa, 1 adult, 1 teen/young adult, and 2 kids stay in the inn because [IDK]. Long story short (details are forgotten) we get along well the local & will celebrate 2 events/holidays/traditions there.

The first day, some locals suggest we shouldn't celebrate it so we don't.
Then someone got killed.

The second day, the tradition is to put house-like objects (toy house, gingerbread house, etc) in front of the house/where you're staying, and some locals suggest we hide some snacks inside it.
We're lazy & scared (again, someone just died the very previous night) so we didn't do it, we just put the toy house outside. So we discuss the murder until it's dark.
[Camera Change] The locals are turning to werewolf & destroying the toy house to find the snacks. if they can't find it, they snack on the people inside the real house.​
[Camera Change back to 5 people] (Somehow) We concluded that the locals are the culprit, and the victim got murdered because they celebrate that tradition. So if we follow the locals' tips, we can stay alive. Wait, did we put snacks inside the toy house? OH SH-

We run to the door, the monster are breaking in, we run to the window.

I am the teen/young adult. I tried to take the opposite of what normal people would do, hoping I won't get caught. So I run along the bright house sidewalk and climb a tree, hoping the leaves would cover me. (Because I just realized how stupid it is to run away bathed in light at nighttime)
The trees aren't strong enough, a monster is already sitting nicely, smiling, waiting for me to drop. My arms got ripped.
[Camera Cut to 4 other that runs in darkness, still survive, meanwhile I'm dying.]

I'm the adult. The monster are catching up, so I asked grandpa & children to run away while I hold the monsters back. In this near-death moment, I awaken my hidden power of darkness. Black demon wings spouted out of me and I killed the pursuers easily. Then I turn my appearance back to normal and go catch up with the others.
While I'm gone, Granpa has died and become a ghost. He's consoling and encouraging the children while he's fading away. I approach him and transfer some of my dark power so his soul got more solid. He looks like he has much to ask, but we have so little time.

We run away again
Why is the role I played in this dream either "stupid" or "chuuni"