Interactive Story (The readers decide of everything!)

NobleTalon

Hey guys,

I recently started a new type of story with an interesting concept : an interactive story !

The idea is simple : after each chapter, a poll takes place and the readers vote for the next course of action. They decide on the MC's choices, and the story's progression is entirely dependent on the readers' decisions !

I posted this on the forum in hope of finding some benevolent souls who would like to join us on discord and contribute to the story ! It has just been released yesterday so it still lacks some votes for me to publish the next chapter.

If you are interested, please read the first two chapters (link in signature) which are the introduction, rules and the MC's sheet.

We are waiting for you on discord ! :blob_cookie:

nt. : For those of you who wonder what is an interactive story, you can think of a written RPG in which the readers are the players. If you have played Detroit Become Human, or any other interactive story game, you might already know how it works since I roughly took the same concept.

It also has a DnD campaign vibe. I'm kinda like the Game Master while the readers are controlling a single character.

nt.2 : Sorry in advance mods, as I didn't know where to post this. Feel free to move it to the correct subforum

uwuthinizeme

If someone wants an example of a good interactive story I suggest 'How to raise your dungeon' it's on hiatus likely due to being dropped but it was really good while it lasted.

NobleTalon

If someone wants an example of a good interactive story I suggest 'How to raise your dungeon' it's on hiatus likely due to being dropped but it was really good while it lasted.
thanks, I'll check it :)

I've searched for some on SH before writing mine but I didn't find any

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
Maybe...
Although you should go the programming route since SH doesn't have the ability to organize one here easily.

Kassel

Hey guys,

I recently started a new type of story with an interesting concept : an interactive story !

The idea is simple : after each chapter, a poll takes place and the readers vote for the next course of action. They decide on the MC's choices, and the story's progression is entirely dependent on the readers' decisions !

I posted this on the forum in hope of finding some benevolent souls who would like to join us on discord and contribute to the story ! It has just been released yesterday so it still lacks some votes for me to publish the next chapter.

If you are interested, please read the first two chapters (link in signature) which are the introduction, rules and the MC's sheet.

We are waiting for you on discord ! :blob_cookie:

nt. : For those of you who wonder what is an interactive story, you can think of a written RPG in which the readers are the players. If you have played Detroit Become Human, or any other interactive story game, you might already know how it works since I roughly took the same concept.

It also has a DnD campaign vibe. I'm kinda like the Game Master while the readers are controlling a single character.

nt.2 : Sorry in advance mods, as I didn't know where to post this. Feel free to move it to the correct subforum
Pretty sure it already existed nya

NobleTalon

Pretty sure it already existed nya
yet I didn't find any woof

Someone on discord sent me the link of a story of the same kind on sh, but unfortunately it stopped after like 20 chaps

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I think you would like CHYOA.

beast_regards

NO! YES! MAYBE!

Platforms like Scribble Hub and Royal Road aren't necessarily good for this kind of story, not because of the lack of interest, but due to lack of visibility, difficulty to find readers-players due to said lack of visibility, and interface not being that suitable to that despite the polls being available. People also aren't used to them.

Interactive stories - quests - are quite successful on sites like SB, SV and QQ

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
Interactive stories are pretty hard to pull off well. If you're using a poll system like what some of the earliest webcomics did then it could work but only if you can get the necessary visibility and interest.