Recommendations Manhwa where the daughter/son is a brat

minionlover

Can someone please recommend a manhwa where the protagonist's excessive pampering makes their child an entitled brat, and the plot is just them trying to unravel that.

Thief

Why don't you ask me to tell you about my cousin?

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
I thought we come to read novels for pleasure, not for the drama that we can see IRL?

minionlover

I thought we come to read novels for pleasure, not for the drama that we can see IRL?
Meh, sometimes you need to read about "realistic" stories to balance the feel good stories. I've read so many daughter/son-raising stories that it's getting a little tiring reading about a perfect child with no flaws what-so-ever raised by a perfect parent with no flaws what-so-ever. By this point, I kind of want to read about a shitty parent and a spoiled brat setting themselves straight.

DiscoDream

Severe autist
Reading about shitty people being recognized for it is pleasureable for me. Too much propaganda and delusionment irl for me.

Recently saw a woman blatantly lie about being molested at work. Everyone knew it was a lie, but said nothing. After the cops left with the guy in cuffs, my co-workers turned to me and started talking about how he "shouldn't have done it".
I find it cathartic to see people's wrongs even get recognized. ☺️

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
Reading about shitty people being recognized for it is pleasureable for me. Too much propaganda and delusionment irl for me.

Recently saw a woman blatantly lie about being molested at work. Everyone knew it was a lie, but said nothing. After the cops left with the guy in cuffs, my co-workers turned to me and started talking about how he "shouldn't have done it".
I find it cathartic to see people's wrongs even get recognized. ☺️
... I am more worried for the guy who got wrongly accused.

DiscoDream

Severe autist
... I am more worried for the guy who got wrongly accused.
Don't know what happened to him. Using some of my sisters victims as reference though, they'll lose their job and have to switch towns. As long as the bitch didn't press charges afterwards, it'll end without him being added to the sex offender registry.

I didn't bother to ask her about it later, even if we're on good terms, I feel sick being around those things.

Reborn_Cat

A lazy cat pretending to be human
Meh, sometimes you need to read about "realistic" stories to balance the feel good stories. I've read so many daughter/son-raising stories that it's getting a little tiring reading about a perfect child with no flaws what-so-ever raised by a perfect parent with no flaws what-so-ever. By this point, I kind of want to read about a shitty parent and a spoiled brat setting themselves straight.
Isn't their a Reddit for that

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
Don't know what happened to him. Using some of my sisters victims as reference though, they'll lose their job and have to switch towns. As long as the bitch didn't press charges afterwards, it'll end without him being added to the sex offender registry.

I didn't bother to ask her about it later, even if we're on good terms, I feel sick being around those things.
... I hate abusers.

Not only are they ruining the privilege but they also cast doubts to the true victims.

Thief

Tell me about your cousin.
Her mother abused her and left her when she was really small so her dad and everyone else spoiled her really badly, now everyone, including her dad and step mom, scolds her and says that she is beyond help. She doesn't eat anything except out door food like pizza, nuggets, sausage, chocolate etc it's really hard to get her to eat normal food. She is really selfish too and I mean really really selfish.
Me and my sister have been really close so we can handle her sometimes but whenever her elder uncle comes back from the UK for yearly visits she treats us like trash ugh..
Last time we had to do some ritual for her coming of age, which involves the participants mother alot.. I guess she got insecure and threw up a fuss about it, her step mom doesn't like her and didn't even try to comfort her.
The cousin started to take off her top because it was 'uncomfortable' I gave her my jacket and even sat in place of her mother and father it was really weird and her step mom and everyone else were also scolding me for letting her 'have her way' , the cousin cried a lot too, I really thought she was gonna die because her father and uncle were really gonna beat her up on the spot , and they nearly even beat me. Damn
Add to that it was a really big venue and our whole family was really embarrassed, there were other families performing the same ritual too and alot of people tried to snuff their nose into our business too I had to tell off the adults multiple times, I was really afraid of punishment myself too it was really tiresome
And when we were departing and got into the taxi, cousins hand got stuck to the door because of her dad closing it too soon, she was on my lap and screamed a lot, some guy commented on it saying that 'cant you be more careful?' in such a disrespectful way
I also told him to shut up and used the pronounce used by elders to refer to youngers on him lol his face was really priceless
Cousin later told me that it was cool so I feel really cool about it now haha
Cousin fights with her grandma about chocolates, she throws up fuss when we take care of and play with our nephew and she doesn't clean, doesn't even take the dirty dishes to the sink, and makes everyone else behave like her servants
She is 12 already by the way
If things don't go get way she breaks and throws everything she can and even does dangerous things
But she tells us (me and sister) that we are only reason she goes to school and someday she wants to live with me and sis
It's really sad, there is a whole plot to her development and her biological mother too almost like a novel
She is really attached to me and my sister too so she often listens to what we say, her father always blames us whenever she acts a little similar to me or my sister in a negative way
I really don't know who to blame for her this kind of behavior
I just wish that just cause her mother treated her that way and left her like that the adults shouldn't have spoiled her so much only to expect her to be respectful now
She does what she wants and her step mom is indeed evil
Her old mom also abused her both mentally and physically, whenever we were over at hers and she used to come play with us her mother would take her into their room, lock the door and beat her up and she used to bang on the door crying for my sister, me and grandma we were also really young and couldn't do anything about it, while grandma was too weak
And now too, I don't want her step mom to have any association with her. I don't know why uncle doesn't just devorce this bitch already , she steals money, sells our neighbors phones, creates discord and never helps out
No wonder my cousin doesn't like her. All though this new aunt is good to me it is sickening
Now everyone shows scorn to cousin and scolds her for nearly everything and the more they try to restrain her the more selfish she gets and closes herself off even more
Sometimes I really wish that this wasn't a Asian country and once we are able to move out me and my sister could take her away with us
This cousin is not originally that bad after all everyone is humen but she still doesn't have enough respect for anyone, our mother is good to her but not as good as to us and all tho cousin likes mother she doesn't stay with her when we are around but when we arnt there cousin will be very clingy with mom
They won't let her live with us because our family is not very well to do unlike uncle's richer family and our home is really run down too so mom is afraid she might hurt herself plus we can't afford her living expenses even if we could, our dads side of the family would not approve (dad's side of the family don't live with us but they are not good people, we have suffered alot because of them and they even murdered our grandfather, they knew he had lung infection but didn't tell our dad or us for three years, ba could've been saved if they had told us, all for taking dad's part of thw inheritance haha)
So anyways family politics is quite complicated
My previous name was Eat_Angst for these reasons after all the whole family is like a big novel plot so sometimes I suspect that I'm a character in a novel, there are more Incidents too so I hope I'm not a going to be bad example or killed off cannon fodder
I think we all know someone like that, though I'd rather not waste time talking about it.
May be but my cousin is not that bad, talking about her is not a waste of time and because her father is a ass he is not really going to spend any of his oh so valuable time to try and help or understand his daughter, he just wants her to behave
It's like quickly taking away a drug from a drug addict without letting him any time to adjust his habbits, there will certainly be backlash right?

Last edited: