NTR Debate Over, Sailus wins.

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
Edit: wanted to make the topic clear.
Definition of NTR can include Netorase which is consensually allowing your partner other partners.

In harems, the woman allows the man to have other female partners, therefore it’s Netorase.

So by definition, aren’t all harems also a form of NTR?

Last edited:

Cipiteca396

🌺🌑🐉🪶 Anxiety Overdrive
Okay, so only adult harems are NTR this not “default”.

Point taken will change title.
This is irrelevant. Even in a harem where sex is present, it's not NTR. NTR is non-con by definition. If there's no rape, it's not NTR.

Syringe

Bluetooth 7 Enabled Holy Blade w/ Red Dot Sight
I think it depends on the harem. Like multiple characters competing for the main interest's love isn't NTR since no one is really with them to begin with (But don't quote me. I don't have a PHD in this topic).

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
Adult harems are the same. And by the way, to call that NTR(in any way or form), you need to look at the motivations of harem members. If they aren't aroused by the fact they share their loved one, how can it be NTR?
Wait they have the be aroused?
I thought as long as they are “stolen” or “cheating” or someone is taking their lover even if temporarily is it considered NTR.

You have a source for this? Maybe my understanding is wrong.
I think it depends on the harem. Like multiple characters competing for the main interest's love isn't NTR since no one is really with them to begin with (But don't quote me. I don't have a PHD in this topic).
I should award you an honorary PhD from the school of smut.

Syringe, PhD in NTR from 2023 SH forum school.

Cipiteca396

🌺🌑🐉🪶 Anxiety Overdrive
Oh boy, someone doesn’t know what NTR means…

-_-
It literally means 'to steal away by sleeping with'.
The default assumes some guy runs in and is so amazingly good at sex that your girl leaves you.
The second type is that you is the guy.
The third (that you're asking about) is that you're aroused by seeing the guy stealing your girl.

You admitted that you didn't understand the term properly in the daily fails thread... Why would you say something so hypocritical now?

SailusGebel

I thought as long as they are “stolen” or “cheating” or someone is taking their lover even if temporarily is it considered NTR.

You have a source for this? Maybe my understanding is wrong.

Echimera

Netorare: Lover gets stolen from character, usuallky by means of unrealistically good boning.
Netorase: Character gets off of seeing their lover be bones unrealistically good.

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
@SailusGebel
So basically it’s not NTR unless the protagonist has a partner stolen. So by default they harem members can’t be considered protagonists in the story.

see there lies the problem, often the harem members are temporary protagonists at one point or another as leads, and can sometimes make the reader feel sorry for their inability to have the lover for themselves.

You admitted that you didn't understand the term properly in the daily fails thread... Why would you say something so hypocritical now?
See the daily wins thread -_-

Your use of the word hypocritical is wrong, hypocritical implies I’m doing something I’m telling others not to do.

SailusGebel

@SailusGebel
So basically it’s not NTR unless the protagonist has a partner stolen. So by default they harem members can’t be considered protagonists in the story.

see there lies the problem, often the harem members are temporary protagonists at one point or another as leads, and can sometimes make the reader feel sorry for their inability to have the lover for themselves.
I agree, but I still won't call that NTR. Otherwise, you should count every love triangle as NTR.

Cipiteca396

🌺🌑🐉🪶 Anxiety Overdrive
See the daily wins thread -_-
I don't have the time to read that thing.
I’m doing something I’m telling others not to do
You're saying I don't understand something when you don't understand it. My mistake, you're right. I guess that's projecting, rather than hypocrisy.
NTR unless the protagonist has a partner stolen.
You're focusing on the wrong thing. The difference between two and one is whose perspective it is, but the overarching theme of all NTR is the stealing, not who does the stealing or gets stolen from.