NTR Debate Over, Sailus wins.

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
lol, I did say it from the beginning.

But I'm fine with second place. :blob_sir:
Actually you’re right, I missed your first post. I only saw the one about rape.

Edit: actually no, sailus is still the rightful winner.

NTR also has Netorase, which provides for people who have a fetish for having their lover stolen, so the partner may not necessarily leave for good.

It’s more of a “someone else has sex with your lover” genre now.

StrongArm

From a female love interests perspective, harems are definitely a little bit NTR. Same thing for a male love interest in a reverse harem.

But its very minor, and its fine. Afterall, all's fair in love and war. A competitor for a romance partners affection can spice up a bland romance (in a story)

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
From a female love interests perspective, harems are definitely a little bit NTR. Same thing for a male love interest in a reverse harem.

But its very minor, and its fine. Afterall, all's fair in love and war. A competitor for a romance partners affection can spice up a bland romance (in a story)
From what I understand after responses to this thread, it’s based on demographics since NTR is a “genre” which is separated from its initial Japanese meaning.

People who like harems, don’t always like NTR, because the protagonist perspective is be eh different.

Jamminrabbit

People who like harems, don’t always like NTR, because the protagonist perspective is be eh different.

Funnily enough, it can be a misconception that the opposite of NTR is Vanilla, vice versa. I think it's more appropriate to say people who like harems tend to abhor NTR. Readers of haremlit enjoy the fantasy of having multiple lovers and being at the center of attention, NTR destroys that fantasy because you are no longer the one who is wanted.

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
Funnily enough, it can be a misconception that the opposite of NTR is Vanilla, vice versa. I think it's more appropriate to say people who like harems tend to abhor NTR. Readers of haremlit enjoy the fantasy of having multiple lovers and being at the center of attention, NTR destroys that fantasy because you are no longer the one who is wanted.
Then where does Netorase fit in when the partner is feeding the NTR addictions?
Or is Netorase something that should really be a separate genre on its own?

I personally feel they’re both very different.

Jamminrabbit

Or is Netorase something that should really be a separate genre on its own?

I personally feel they’re both very different.
I'm not sure what you're asking me, so I need clarification. My comment you quoted is how people with interest in haremlit and dislike in NTR feel about the genres. You're not going to convince anyone who dislikes NTR that their partner committing Netorase is out of love for the spouse and they should feel good about it lol

Cipiteca396

More Gasoline 🎶
That's called 'Role Play'. They're pretending to cheat, but aren't actually... Probably.

Again, there is a small distinction between NTR and Cuckoldry. The stolen person has to be serious about liking the thief/rapist more than their lover.

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
I'm not sure what you're asking me, so I need clarification. My comment you quoted is how people with interest in haremlit and dislike in NTR feel about the genres. You're not going to convince anyone who dislikes NTR that their partner committing Netorase is out of love for the spouse and they should feel good about it lol
Lol. I was asking you how’d you categorize Netorase since it’s still under the NTR umbrella.

NitroxDarks

Netorase is when you want your partner to be stolen, encourages her/him and even helps in the situation so that it can happen, it's not 'one-sided' polygamy (there is a misconception of polygamy being everyone fucks anyone, so Imma just clarify it).

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
Again, there is a small distinction between NTR and Cuckoldry. The stolen person has to be serious about liking the thief/rapist more than their lover.
That works in some capacity.

The OP was playing with definitions without the variation of genre.

NTR as a genre is kind of broad now.

SailusGebel

NTR as a genre is kind of broad now.

Jamminrabbit

Lol. I was asking you how’d you categorize Netorase since it’s still under the NTR umbrella.
It's important to keep in mind that the three types of NTR is sexual by nature. There are two things that NTR is predicated on:
1. One or two characters are in a relationship and/or have feelings for each other.
2. One of the characters has sexual relations with a third party.
After all, if neither characters were interested in each other, then the third party isn't exactly 'stealing' anyone. Additionally, if they are in a relationship, and one character has feelings for the other, but the other doesn't, then it's just plain cheating.

Netorase satisfies the two conditions above that makes it NTR. In netorase, the one who agrees to let the other sleep around tends to want it to happen, and they take consenting actions to make it happen with full knowledge from all participating parties.

TL;DR, I classify netorase as NTR.