Completed my first arc!

Bobple

Argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe it, 20 chapters (technically 28) and it's done!

I've been trying to write for the past two years, without much success. Constantly finding a valid or invalid reason for why it sucked and I should dropped it. I wrote many draft stories, ranging from 1 (well mostly 1 chapter) to 15.

Somehow it was a story I didn't put too much initial thought into (compared to many other draft stories), that I finally posted online, and uploaded on a consistent bases. The Stargazing Witch is the first story I posted. Wrote chapters 1-9, and might've written another four or five before dropping it, but my crazy self decided, screw it! Uploading the darn thing, and I'll deal with the consequences.

Cause now that it was online, I couldn't leave it uncompleted!

This has a great learning experience. Writing speed wise, scheduling, grammar... (spelling and grammar is truly the greatest evil...).

The Stargazing Witch isn't my most creative idea (and now thanks to confidence boost of this, I'll be posting one of those ideas soon!) and it wasn't the one I had the most passion in, but I'm glad it helped me properly begin my writing journey and I look forward to completing it.

But now, time for a "break", complete some work, and prepare for arc 2!

Thank you to everyone who read it, and more importantly thank you to everyone who posted stories on this site that I've enjoyed and help inspire me! Have a good night everyone.

LunaSoltaer

Spicy Transbian
Seriously congrats.

That you're able to pick up an old work and keep going with it is amazing. I haven't heard of your book yet but it sounds at least interesting so I'll give it a shot.

Spelling and Grammar are tricky, but the next level of absolute evil is flow.

Because more than anything you want a book thats easy on the vocal chords, especially the vocal chords. A lot of readers will imagine a little voice narrating their read, and if that voice has to twist its tongue then uh oh!

Also you want to reduce as much the possible the sensation of "what the FUCK was I thinking writing that?!"

Seriously again congratulations, its a freaking amazing feeling of being all "wait, did I just complete a story arc? Yes I believe I did!"

Savor it, and let it surge through you.

You got this.

Bobple

Seriously congrats.

That you're able to pick up an old work and keep going with it is amazing. I haven't heard of your book yet but it sounds at least interesting so I'll give it a shot.

Spelling and Grammar are tricky, but the next level of absolute evil is flow.

Because more than anything you want a book thats easy on the vocal chords, especially the vocal chords. A lot of readers will imagine a little voice narrating their read, and if that voice has to twist its tongue then uh oh!

Also you want to reduce as much the possible the sensation of "what the FUCK was I thinking writing that?!"

Seriously again congratulations, its a freaking amazing feeling of being all "wait, did I just complete a story arc? Yes I believe I did!"

Savor it, and let it surge through you.

You got this.

Thanks a lot!

I remember around the chapter 12-13 mark, I was going "wait, I'm about to reach the climax of the arc?!" That was such an exciting feeling (also scary, but mostly exciting!).

Then I actually finished it! It really is a great feeling.

Honestly, I've been all right with flow (so far), it just spelling, and grammar are my old nemeses.

Thankfully haven't had any major, "what the FUCK was I thinking writing that?!" for anything I wrote yet, but we will see.

ManwX

Im from a Timeline where nuclear war destroyed all
Congrats. Gotta love that you were committed to finishing one of the plot developments. Keep it up. you give me the drive to do the same.

Last edited:

Bobple

Congratulations mann hope I can be like you.
Thanks for the kind words! I hope you can do it as well (Just don't make as many grammar as mistakes me in the process)
Congrats. Gotta love that you were committed to finishing one of the plot developments. Keep it up. you give me the drive to do the same.
Thanks a lot! Good luck with your stories.