Notification and reason for (shadow) removed reviews

You should be given a notification and reason when your reviews are deleted along with reason so you can correct it. Have 4 reviews that have been shadow deleted.
Also, a way to get them reinstate would be great. Tried reporting them, will update if anything happens.

Last edited:

Corty

Spaghetti Monster
Reviews can only be removed by admins after it was reported. (If I am right about this.)

Comments are up to the author, which is fine, IMO. It's our story; we set the rules, what goes in the comments, and what we want to deal with.

Does that make some authors maybe delete everything that is negative in a way? I am sure of it. But it is still their story and their right to do so. I would just move on if that is the case.

Reviews can only be removed by admins after it was reported. (If I am right about this.)

Comments are up to the author, which is fine, IMO. It's our story; we set the rules, what goes in the comments, and what we want to deal with.

Does that make some authors maybe delete everything that is negative in a way? I am sure of it. But it is still their story and their right to do so. I would just move on if that is the case.
Nah, I don't keep track of my comments, I just assumed that'd also be the case, my bad. I've had 4 of my reviews shadow removed. They don't show up if I'm logged in, not even under the reviews tab on my profile. 1 of them I understand and rewrote yesterday, the other I can make some guesses as to why and might rewrite part of it, and the other 2 I'm left guessing in the dark to figure out why.

Corty

Spaghetti Monster
Writing a review needs time to show up. Sometimes a written review only shows for everyone after hours. Probably needs some kind of manual review? I am not sure. I only know because I was told by someone that they left a review for my story but for me it only showed up after 5-6 hours later.

Writing a review needs time to show up. Sometimes a written review only shows for everyone after hours. Probably needs some kind of manual review? I am not sure. I only know because I was told by someone that they left a review for my story but for me it only showed up after 5-6 hours later.
It has been 7 months for the oldest one... The newest one was 3 weeks ago.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
You can send an e-mail to [email protected] (the e-mail on the "Contact Us" page of the homepage) to ask why your reviews were rejected.

Otherwise, you can just edit them. All reviews need to be manually approved by Tony before they're publicly visible, and editing the review automatically sends it back to the approval queue.

You can send an e-mail to [email protected] (the e-mail on the "Contact Us" page of the homepage) to ask why your reviews were rejected.

Otherwise, you can just edit them. All reviews need to be manually approved by Tony before they're publicly visible, and editing the review automatically sends it back to the approval queue.
I have some doubts about that, but will do. Will extra sanitize them then I guess.
Just realized I should have probably checked to see if they were already approved, before sanitizing them. One of the 4 was.

Last edited:

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
I have some doubts about that, but will do. Will extra sanitize them then I guess.
Just realized I should have probably checked to see if they were already approved, before sanitizing them. One of the 4 was.
I'm literally telling you how the system works, what doubts could you even have about it?

And the e-mail I sent is linked in the "Contact Us" page. Just grab it from there if you're doubtful about the e-mail I gave you is real.