A way to directly download chapters

bullsx2

As the title suggests it would be nice for authors to be able to download the latest edit of their chapters, it will be helpful for those who might want to keep a backup of their story if something ever were to happen.

I'am fully aware that it's possible to just copy paste and that this would simply be a quality of life thing, although when it comes to copy and paste there are some problems with the format.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
As the title suggests it would be nice for authors to be able to download the latest edit of their chapters, it will be helpful for those who might want to keep a backup of their story if something ever were to happen.

I'am fully aware that it's possible to just copy paste and that this would simply be a quality of life thing, although when it comes to copy and paste there are some problems with the format.
My honest suggestion is to never write directly in Scribbly.

Write in MS Word and/or Google Docs, and only when you're finished, post it on Scribbly after already revising it however many times you need.

Also make sure to keep a copy of it in your computer and another in the Cloud at the very least.

bullsx2

My honest suggestion is to never write directly in Scribbly.

Write in MS Word and/or Google Docs, and only when you're finished, post it on Scribbly after already revising it however many times you need.

Also make sure to keep a copy of it in your computer and another in the Cloud at the very least.

Personally I writ in Google but because the sites use very different formats as far as I'm aware(correct me if I'm wrong) I often end up having to edit it on Scribblehub in the end. It's just a quality of life thing so it really should be taken as a low priority suggestion.

NiQuinn

ฅ/ᐠ ̳ .ᆺ. ̳ ᐟ\ฅ ~~ᴺʸᵃᵃ
I do get the importance of backing up a story but, in the first place, before even uploading it to SH, I think it's the author's responsibility to set up backups on other apps/mediums rather than rely on a downloading feature. Personally, I see no point to it and it feels kind of redundant. That's a personal thing though. Others might find it useful.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Personally I writ in Google but because the sites use very different formats as far as I'm aware(correct me if I'm wrong) I often end up having to edit it on Scribblehub in the end. It's just a quality of life thing so it really should be taken as a low priority suggestion.
There are a few formatting differences I believe (like, a horizontal line on Google Docs doesn't carry over to Scribbly's text editor I believe), but the majority of the editing works just fine and carries over from one platform to another. (stuff like bolds and Italics for example)

Paril

The spacing derived from Google docs, for example, becomes different when pasted on scrib's editor. But I have since moved on to Word online, and I find the transition seamless when copy-pasting between my chapters.

Rather than that, scrib's editor still lacks several key features. If they were to start improving it, I would like to see auto backup first before anything else. It was hard learning firsthand why I should have originally opted for docs or word.