Adventurer's Guild Adventurer's Guild - Freestyle RP

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Love Counselling With Malkuth [CLOSED/ @Bochi @ohko]

"I see."

Finally, she had an inkling on why the Liberi was at a loss at how to deal with Okarin. And for the first time in a while, the Tenth Sefirot got annoyed.

Well, if she's going to ask me to help her with this, then I'll deal with it in my manner. It's not a pleasant topic by any means, but the later this gets addressed, the bigger a problem it'll be.

Elaine looked down. The two of them were hovering at the height of maybe a kilometre, and from what she could see, directly below was part of Sei's river. Okarin was a slime. Slimes were resistant to blunt damage. Falling was part of blunt damage. She checked with her senpai. A fall from that height wouldn't kill Okarin. Everything lined up together nicely.

"Try not to die."

With those words, the expressionless Sefirot released their grip and allowed the slime to fall, and from her position she watched, her wings flapping softly in the breeze.

Okarin blinked a few times in confusion.

It was over? Already?

Vicious (Elaine) had only caught them a few seconds ago, and the slime had barely gotten a chance to absorb the glowing happy warm sensation. It felt really nice to be held by Vicious (Elaine), and it had made them happy that the bird had actually cared enough to stop them from plummeting all the way down the mountain.

Maybe it was only an illusion, but it was an addictive feeling like molten honey.

That Vicious actually cared... Even a little bit...?

Even the tiniest drop of that feeling was already enough to make Okarin's core overflow with gold.

—"Try not to die."

Okarin's imaginary bubble popped.

They were confused.

What did Vicious (Elaine) mean?

They stared up at the Sefirot's lips, which mouthed such unfeeling words.

It was then that Okarin remembered that this wasn't Vicious.

It was Elaine.

Elaine the evil red thing that had taken Vicious's body.

It was the same Elaine who was cruel and frolicked with that hateful flying snake, Sora.

A realization crossed Okarin's mind.

This was Elaine's original plan all along?

To throw Okarin off the side of a mountain? And make it look like an accident?

To kill them because they were too much of a hassle?

It sort of made sense.

When there was someone who annoyed you, you simply killed them.

It was very straightforward and the typical human way to do it.

Humans killed slimes, so it didn't really surprise Okarin anymore when an adventurer came up with another creative way to kill a slime. Whether it was cutting up slimes and putting them in alchemy test tubes, dousing them in oil and lighting them on fire, boiling them with soap, slicing them up for gourmet cuisine, burying them 100 feet underground encased in concrete... Okarin had seen quite a lot ever since arriving in Tonia. There were probably a thousand different ways for a slime to die.

Although, to be fair, Okarin had never seen a slime killed by tossing them off a 7-8 kilometer mountain.

That was new.

"Oh, okay." Okarin said.

Their reaction was muted, and essentially acquiescent of the fact.

Okarin wondered if they would die.

Although frankly they weren't particularly affected by the prospect, either way.

Slimes died all the time. It was normal for slimes to die.

It wouldn't be a bad ending.

They didn't hate Vicious (Elaine) either. All of this was normal. It was normal for people to hate slimes, and it was natural for adventurers to kill slimes. This was the way nature was meant to be. The default way. Slimes weren't meant to love people; that was unnatural. It was wrong. Slimes and adventurers were supposed to kill each other. In fact, if Okarin was to die, it comforted them to think that it was due to Vicious (Elaine's) hands. Somehow, it felt nice. It felt intimate, too. It was better than dying to a random dude.

Their youth slime romantic comedy is wrong, as they expected.

Okarin took comfort in the fact that maybe this was the way it was just meant to be.

So Okarin fell.

Last edited:

Bochi

Okarin blinked a few times in confusion.

It was over? Already?

Vicious (Elaine) had only caught them a few seconds ago, and the slime had barely gotten a chance to absorb the glowing happy warm sensation. It felt really nice to be held by Vicious (Elaine), and it had made them happy that the bird had actually cared enough to stop them from plummeting all the way down the mountain.

Maybe it was only an illusion, but it was an addictive feeling like molten honey.

That Vicious actually cared... Even a little bit...?

Even the tiniest drop of that feeling was already enough to make Okarin's core overflow with gold.

—"Try not to die."

Okarin's imaginary bubble popped.

They were confused.

What did Vicious (Elaine) mean?

They stared up at the Sefirot's lips, which mouthed such unfeeling words.

It was then that Okarin remembered that this wasn't Vicious.

It was Elaine.

Elaine the evil red thing that had taken Vicious's body.

It was the same Elaine who was cruel and frolicked with that hateful flying snake, Sora.

A realization crossed Okarin's mind.

This was Elaine's original plan all along?

To throw Okarin off the side of a mountain? And make it look like an accident?

To kill them because they were too much of a hassle?

It sort of made sense.

When there was someone who annoyed you, you simply killed them.

It was very straightforward and the typical human way to do it.

Humans killed slimes, so it didn't really surprise Okarin anymore when an adventurer came up with another creative way to kill a slime. Whether it was cutting up slimes and putting them in alchemy test tubes, dousing them in oil and lighting them on fire, boiling them with soap, slicing them up for gourmet cuisine, burying them 100 feet underground encased in concrete... Okarin had seen quite a lot ever since arriving in Tonia. There were probably a thousand different ways for a slime to die.

Although, to be fair, Okarin had never seen a slime killed by tossing them off a 7-8 kilometer mountain.

That was new.

"Oh, okay." Okarin said.

Their reaction was muted, and essentially acquiescent of the fact.

Okarin wondered if they would die.

Although frankly they weren't particularly affected by the prospect, either way.

Slimes died all the time. It was normal for slimes to die.

It wouldn't be a bad ending.

They didn't hate Vicious (Elaine) either. All of this was normal. It was normal for people to hate slimes, and it was natural for adventurers to kill slimes. This was the way nature was meant to be. The default way. Slimes weren't meant to love people; that was unnatural. It was wrong. Slimes and adventurers were supposed to kill each other. In fact, if Okarin was to die, it comforted them to think that it was due to Vicious (Elaine's) hands. Somehow, it felt nice. It felt intimate, too. It was better than dying to a random dude.

Their youth slime romantic comedy is wrong, as they expected.

Okarin took comfort in the fact that maybe this was the way it was just meant to be.

So Okarin fell.

The Sefirot landed a few metres away from the water where she had dropped the slime into.

She remained quiet, her face blank and expressionless. But under the surface, the irritation was starting to develop into full blown annoyance. So much that she wanted to kill something, yet sadly it wasn't the time nor place.

…...

She waited a few more minutes before speaking in a voice that was neither too loud nor too soft.

"I know a small fall like that won't finish you off. Besides, did you really think Sei would allow a preventable murder from happening here, even for a non-beastman? If you still have any shred of pride left, pick yourself up and get out of the river. Or if you want, stay there until I'm gone. And this time both of us will be gone for good. I'll give you ten seconds."

Slowly she begun counting aloud, starting from ten and going backwards. Every syllable was pronounced slowly, clearly, to drag the seconds on longer.

"Ten."

"Nine."

"Eight."

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪

The Sefirot landed a few metres away from the water where she had dropped the slime into.

She remained quiet, her face blank and expressionless. But under the surface, the irritation was starting to develop into full blown annoyance. So much that she wanted to kill something, yet sadly it wasn't the time nor place.

…...

She waited a few more minutes before speaking in a voice that was neither too loud nor too soft.

"I know a small fall like that won't finish you off. Besides, did you really think Sei would allow a preventable murder from happening here, even for a non-beastman? If you still have any shred of pride left, pick yourself up and get out of the river. Or if you want, stay there until I'm gone. And this time both of us will be gone for good. I'll give you ten seconds."

Slowly she begun counting aloud, starting from ten and going backwards. Every syllable was pronounced slowly, clearly, to drag the seconds on longer.

"Ten."

"Nine."

"Eight."

Okarin floated back up to the surface.

Surprisingly, they were fully intact.

The last time Okarin had fallen from a large height, the impact of the fall had cause them to lose shape and become an amorphous blob pancake for a while. They had been totally uninjured, just blob-ified and stunned for a period of time.

This time, however, the river seemed to act as a cushion.

Not in an ordinary sense, but more like a gentle cloud that enveloped around the slime and softly pulled them into an embrace.

Ah...

It was Seiryuu.

The River Dragon did not materialize herself this time, but it is was undeniably that girl's presence.

The sensation was lingered for a moment, and then it was gone an instant.

After that, it was just ordinary river water.

The slime person drifted for a moment, staring at the clouds in the sky.

"I guess I didn't die, then." The mumbled.

Although privately, they wondered if not today, when?

Would it be next time?

Or perhaps the time after that?

Slowly, Okarin pulled themselves to the river bank and up onto dry ground. They were completely wet now.

Their cloak and clothes and hair was soaked through and waterlogged.

"Um, sorry about that." They said to to the Sefirot, wiping the water from their face.

"I'm not sure it turned out the way you wanted. Should we do it again tomorrow?"

Bochi

Okarin floated back up to the surface.

Surprisingly, they were fully intact.

The last time Okarin had fallen from a large height, the impact of the fall had cause them to lose shape and become an amorphous blob pancake for a while. They had been totally uninjured, just blob-ified and stunned for a period of time.

This time, however, the river seemed to act as a cushion.

Not in an ordinary sense, but more like a gentle cloud that enveloped around the slime and softly pulled them into an embrace.

Ah...

It was Seiryuu.

The River Dragon did not materialize herself this time, but it is was undeniably that girl's presence.

The sensation was lingered for a moment, and then it was gone an instant.

After that, it was just ordinary river water.

The slime person drifted for a moment, staring at the clouds in the sky.

"I guess I didn't die, then." The mumbled.

Although privately, they wondered if not today, when?

Would it be next time?

Or perhaps the time after that?

Slowly, Okarin pulled themselves to the river bank and up onto dry ground. They were completely wet now.

Their cloak and clothes and hair was soaked through and waterlogged.

"Um, sorry about that." They said to to the Sefirot, wiping the water from their face.

"I'm not sure it turned out the way you wanted. Should we do it again tomorrow?"

"Yeah, we totally should. Meet me at the mountaintop in another---yeah, f*ck tomorrow. At this rate, even if we kept this up for a year, nothing will get better. I like to think of myself an optimistic fellow, but f*ck, you're hopeless. And that ostrich as well; she had poor tastes for sure. I'm not surprised she needed a rest after that catastrophe."

The Tenth Sefirot snorted in disdain, willing her wings back into nothing. Then very deliberately she declared in a louder voice, eyes sparkling with that very same malice as days ago.

"Then again, ostriches don't have too large a brain, so I'm not surprised. Really, I should just banish her consciousness to the ring and toss it away somewhere. Goodness knows I'd get much better use out of this body than that birdbrain ever will~ Like, wouldn't you agree?"

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪

"Yeah, we totally should. Meet me at the mountaintop in another---yeah, f*ck tomorrow. At this rate, even if we kept this up for a year, nothing will get better. I like to think of myself an optimistic fellow, but f*ck, you're hopeless. And that ostrich as well; she had poor tastes for sure. I'm not surprised she needed a rest after that catastrophe."

The Tenth Sefirot snorted in disdain, willing her wings back into nothing. Then very deliberately she declared in a louder voice, eyes sparkling with that very same malice as days ago.

"Then again, ostriches don't have too large a brain, so I'm not surprised. Really, I should just banish her consciousness to the ring and toss it away somewhere. Goodness knows I'd get much better use out of this body than that birdbrain ever will~ Like, wouldn't you agree?"

Okarin's eyes narrowed again.

The slime did not take kindly to threats about Vicious.

Themselves — Okarin didn't particularly care that much about.

But Vicious?

Threatening to hurt Vicious was unforgivable.

They still hadn't the opportunity to recover much of their mass yet, but when it came to the ostrich, Okarin was an idiot who would walk straight into the flames of hell and all the way across the Demon Continent without a millisecond of hesitation.

Stupidity?

Yeah, slimes were dumb.

The fingers in Okarin's right hand slowly tapered into sharp pointy blades.

There was no way they could possibly win, but none of that mattered to the slime.

"You'll do what to Vicious?"

Okarin's voice was frigid and icy cold.

They took a step closer to the Sefirot.

Bochi

Okarin's eyes narrowed again.

The slime did not take kindly to threats about Vicious.

Themselves — Okarin didn't particularly care that much about.

But Vicious?

Threatening to hurt Vicious was unforgivable.

They still hadn't the opportunity to recover much of their mass yet, but when it came to the ostrich, Okarin was an idiot who would walk straight into the flames of hell and all the way across the Demon Continent without a millisecond of hesitation.

Stupidity?

Yeah, slimes were dumb.

The fingers in Okarin's right hand slowly tapered into sharp pointy blades.

There was no way they could possibly win, but none of that mattered to the slime.

"You'll do what to Vicious?"

Okarin's voice was frigid and icy cold.

They took a step closer to the Sefirot.

The corners of Elaine's mouth curled in a sadistic grin.

"You can keep those now, for four reasons---one, you know you can't beat me in a fight, and I could more than make good on my musings without having to say it aloud. Two, your threats don't scare me. Three, I was joking, and four, you're an idiot. Yeah, so I'm badmouthing her. What are you going to do about it? Fight me and get yourself killed? Go on. I'll kill you and then continue badmouthing her. And besides, this is her body, so what are you going to hurt me with? Those back scratchers? Good luck with that."

She tilted her head in a mocking replication of how the Liberi would tilt her head when puzzled, her crimson eyes narrowing into slits.

"You know, I'm no Angel of Love, but I've seen my share over the centuries, and it's not news to me that people become stupider when they're in love. But I didn't expect this amount of stupidity, and attempting to give a detailed explanation won't get through to you in that state. So I'll keep it short and sweet."

The following sentence was delivered slowly, succinctly, every word filled with purpose.

"Give it up. Love between you and the ostrich girl is impossible, one hundred percent."

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪

The corners of Elaine's mouth curled in a sadistic grin.

"You can keep those now, for four reasons---one, you know you can't beat me in a fight, and I could more than make good on my musings without having to say it aloud. Two, your threats don't scare me. Three, I was joking, and four, you're an idiot. Yeah, so I'm badmouthing her. What are you going to do about it? Fight me and get yourself killed? Go on. I'll kill you and then continue badmouthing her. And besides, this is her body, so what are you going to hurt me with? Those back scratchers? Good luck with that."

She tilted her head in a mocking replication of how the Liberi would tilt her head when puzzled, her crimson eyes narrowing into slits.

"You know, I'm no Angel of Love, but I've seen my share over the centuries, and it's not news to me that people become stupider when they're in love. But I didn't expect this amount of stupidity, and attempting to give a detailed explanation won't get through to you in that state. So I'll keep it short and sweet."

The following sentence was delivered slowly, succinctly, every word filled with purpose.

"Give it up. Love between you and the ostrich girl is impossible, one hundred percent."

The slime was completely unfazed and unmoved.

They took another step closer.

"I know that Vicious doesn't like me," Okarin said.

The slime took another step, bringing them within an arms length of the Sefirot.

"But I also don't care."

They peered up towards Vicious (Elaine).

In this thirteen-year-old body, there was quite a height gap in their statures.

"I'm not doing this for a happy ending. I never expected it to be one."

"She might never like me. Or love me. She may even hate me. But it doesn't matter."

"I'll protect Vicious. And if I can't right now — I'll get stronger and beat you."

Okarins eyes narrowed furthered.

"I'll kill anyone who hurts her."

Bochi

The slime was completely unfazed and unmoved.

They took another step closer.

"I know that Vicious doesn't like me," Okarin said.

The slime took another step, bringing them within an arms length of the Sefirot.

"But I also don't care."

They peered up towards Vicious (Elaine).

In this thirteen-year-old body, there was quite a height gap in their statures.

"I'm not doing this for a happy ending. I never expected it to be one."

"She might never like me. Or love me. She may even hate me. But it doesn't matter."

"I'll protect Vicious. And if I can't right now — I'll get stronger and beat you."

Okarins eyes narrowed furthered.

"I'll kill anyone who hurts her."

"Listen to yourself."

The Sefirot turned away in irritation.

"Have you not realized how much contradiction there is in your words? Do you not realize that it's your very act of 'protecting' her that's causing her undue stress, that's hurting her? Few people need a yandere. But go on, continue if that is what you wish. To tear apart with your own hands the very thing you wanted to safeguard. I'm sick of trying to prevent it from happening."

Elaine simply took to the skies, only bearing a single pair of wings this time. Before she left, however, she tossed a question down.

"Ask yourself this. What is left behind when she's gone? Are you even capable of accepting it if she's gone? If not, then break away now. She has her own world to think of, and to there she'll return eventually. You'll be left behind regardless. I am trying to prevent you from ripping a huge hole in your own heart, for goodness sake."

And then she was gone, leaving a single sentence behind.

"Do as you like. When that day comes, and it will, I'll be watching."

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪

"Listen to yourself."

The Sefirot turned away in irritation.

"Have you not realized how much contradiction there is in your words? Do you not realize that it's your very act of 'protecting' her that's causing her undue stress, that's hurting her? Few people need a yandere. But go on, continue if that is what you wish. To tear apart with your own hands the very thing you wanted to safeguard. I'm sick of trying to prevent it from happening."

Elaine simply took to the skies, only bearing a single pair of wings this time. Before she left, however, she tossed a question down.

"Ask yourself this. What is left behind when she's gone? Are you even capable of accepting it if she's gone? If not, then break away now. She has her own world to think of, and to there she'll return eventually. You'll be left behind regardless. I am trying to prevent you from ripping a huge hole in your own heart, for goodness sake."

And then she was gone, leaving a single sentence behind.

"Do as you like. When that day comes, and it will, I'll be watching."

Okarin's eyes were blank.

Grey.

They had very few words for response.

—Hurting Vicious? Them?

The slime didn't want to believe it.

Surely it was a trick.

They didn't trust this 'Elaine'. The Sefirot had come out of nowhere, and Okarin could tell that it had something to do with that ring. Okarin had never seen Vicious with that ring before, and it was suspicious in every way.

Okarin missed Vicious.

They missed her terribly.

They missed the time that the Liberi had sang to them.

And the time that she had laughed and ran like the wind.

The fastest bird on two legs.

Dark thoughts filled the slime.

If it was truly the case that... Okarin... was the problem.

Then perhaps Okarin should disappear? To make the problem go away.

If it was for Vicious's wellbeing...

...It was worth it, right? To just make everything end?

The Sefirot swept up into the air and flapped away.

—"Do as you like. When that day comes, and it will, I'll be watching."

Okarin stood at the riverbank, silent.

Staring.

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Sticks and Stone May Break My Bones [CLOSED]

Okarin was standing in one of the medicine rooms in the Winter City. They were leaning against the wall, quietly.

There was no smile on their face.

Serious. Somber. Dull.

They looked like a little human girl wearing a ragged and torn cloak, completely out of place in a beastman city.

A door opened and Okarin turned around.

"How is she doing?" The slime's voice was soft, almost demure.

The elderly naga who had come out adjusted her glasses and coughed once.

"She is awake. In pain, but awake. She can't talk, swallow, and she can hardly breath. With the bones in her rib cage broken, she can't move her diaphragm. Her hyoid bone is broken and there is no attachment for her vocal cords. This also means she can't eat or drink."

Okarin was silent.

Frankly, they did not understand half of the terms that the medicine lady used.

Right now, they were at one of the best medicine woman's in the entire city. It was the place where the Lizardgirl had been taken to and operated on surgically. Seiryuu herself had arranged for the transportation, and Okarin was eternally grateful for the favor.

"I've been re-setting the bones one-by-one and healing them with potions, but there's over 300 bones to repair in a lizard body. It's going to take quite a lot of time, and..."

The naga hestitated.

"Money."

Okarin blinked a few times, unfazed.

"And that's not even counting re-ligating tendons, attaching muscles, repairing ligatures and and tissue compartments... it's not even completely clear if the nerves are entirely re-attachable. The posterior tibial arteries are completely necrotized and infected, so we'll amputate the feet. It's entirely unclear what the extent of permanent paralysis will be."

"Okay," Okarin said. "Can I go in and see her?"

"Well yes — although we need to talk about the next payment..."

"I'll pay it. So can I go in?"

The naga seemed to be in disbelief.

Okarin did currently have the appearance of a child, after all, so to some extent it was difficult to take their words seriously.

"This next payment will be... 2500 G?"

"I said I'll pay it," Okarin repeated, their words increasingly frosty.

There was a slight glare in the slime's eyes that seemed to suggest that they weren't to be messed with.

"Ah! Yes... Yes... Of course... Go right on in..."

"Oh, by the way. Do you know where I can go to get a loan?"

"..."

+ + +​

Okarin spent the afternoon sitting with the Lizardgirl.

They still didn't know her name.

She couldn't talk (or move), and the lizard was essentially immobilized in a full-body plaster cast. There was some kind of line dripping fluid into the lizardgirl, and there was a set of automated magical bellows that whirred and pumped air into the reptile's lungs.

Okarin wasn't that talkative either.

They simply sat there.

The slime stared out of the window pensively.

Nothing ever seemed to go right. It was all wrong, and everything was wrong.

Okarin's chest hurt. Vicious probably hated them. Elaine (and that Miko) would probably be happier if Okarin was dead.

It felt like the slime had wandered across half of the map, yet they weren't welcome anywhere — Scribel City included.

Nobody really cared about them. Nobody was looking out for a little slime. Nobody would think twice if they were gone, right?

There was a cup of tea in Okarin's hands, and they sipped on it.

It was so bitter.

Quaesitor

Till's Path to Greatness (1) OPEN (@Quaesitor)

Some half-hearted stretching later, I move on to the guards. Which essentially means postures to take between actions. And for them, my father always used to tell me...

"Son, there's a couple thousand interpretations of each guard. Just do what you think works and ignore the others."

Which is exactly what I'll do. First, the Day's Guard - or, as my father called "Hut vom Tag". Fancy name, but... basic posture, left foot forward. Grasp the sword's hilt with two hands and lift it to your right shoulder, with the upper hand being about the height of the shoulder and the other, obviously, under it. Blade pointing up, keep it steady with the blade pointing forward. The blade I mean being the one that aligns with the right hand's front, of course. What's this guard do? Mainly allow for instant full-power sings downward, though it also provides good defense against enemy attacks from the sides and top. Not that good for parrying though. I swap sides a few times and repeat some of the footwork while in this guard before moving on to the next.

This guard is the ox. Lift the hands above your head, and twist them to have the sword point forward and slightly downward - we want that tip pointing at the enemy's face. This guard allows for a strong downward strike from the side I am currently on, uh, I mean the one whose foot is drawn back. Ah, and the elbows have to be on the side where the foot is drawn back as well. I can also easily make a strike from the side in this guard by rotating my hands in a full circle, bringing the sword swinging behind my back before approaching the enemy. And by changing how high I hold the hands in correlation to one another, I can easily change the height of the tip. It's quite easy to thrust at the enemy as well - with the sword pointing forward and all that. I practice some more footwork with this guard, mainly switching from and to Day's Guard as well as trying to switch sides - which is rather tricky unless you drop the guard for an instant or accompany it with a sideway strike, which also means that every step forward or backward you take can be turned into a full-fledged attack from the side in this guard.

Next up comes the plow. Quite a simple guard, you hold the sword at hip height in this one with the tip pointing at the enemy's face. Why pointing at the enemy's face again, one might wonder? Well, it's threatening, and means that the enemy can't easily tell the length of your sword. The plow guard obviously is made for thrusts, but one can also perform upwards attacks with ease. There also was some sort of parry I forgot. Once again, I practice some more footwork and switch guards to and back from the plow.

And finally, the, uh... I suppose fool's guard. Essentially the plow guard, but with the tip resting on the floor - either pointing to the front or side. While one can make upwards strikes from here, that's not the point of this stance. If an enemy, seeing the lowered sword, approaches - all I need is to dip the hand holding the lower part of the sword's grip down and pull the front one up for the sword to point directly into the enemy's face - essentially going into the plow. Which means stabbing can be done. However, there is more. Any attack coming from upside can easily be parried by pulling the tip around in a circle to impact with the enemy weapon, deflecting it to the side and bringing it into position for an immediate strike. And once more I practice footwork in this guard - is what I'd say, but you can't move well with the tip lying on the ground, so I practice the switching of guards.

Now, next up would be the basic strikes. I'd really wish to practice parries, but I don't have anyone to practice with.
First. The Zornhau - or wrath strike, as some may call it. I enter the Day's Guard and perform a diagonal downward swing with the sword while stepping forward, turning the blade's movement into a sort of circle as I pull up my right hand, smoothly entering into the Day's guard on the other side. Quite a simple strike, and in essence the one most people would do on instinct. But powerful. I repeat the Zornhau a few times, sometimes standing still, sometimes moving forward, sometimes moving backward.

Second. Twerchhau - or I don't know what else to call it. I enter the ox guard and twist my hands around while stepping forward, the sword spinning around my back and to my front rapidly. Then again, from the other side. Stepping back and forth, I repeat the Twerchhau aimed at various heights. Next up, from the Day's Guard, the same strike, different hand movements. Thrust the right hand forward, follow with the left hand and move them both upward, the left hand higher up than the right one to have the blade point downward at the enemy. Any strike from above is folly against the Twerch, cuz the blade either gets deflected to the side with me hitting the opponent's head, or gets blocked by my sword's handguard. Rinse and repeat while standing still, while moving forward and backward, and from both sides and at varying heights.

Now, uh... which other notable strikes were there...? Damn, been too long. My memory is failing me.

Bochi

Half Past Tenth (I) [CLOSED]

"Well, so much for that working."

Elaine had returned to the Shrine Grounds in a rather foul mood, before realising that the Shogun actually did want to see her. Although, the letter didn't specify a date.

"Ah, f*ck that. I'll visit her tomorrow."

Climbing up the the tiled roofs of the shrine's buildings, the Sefirot leaned against the sun-baked clay, basking in the warmth and staring at the sky. It was a pretty good afternoon, and she almost always cheered up when the weather was great.

More than that, though---being under the open sky made her feel like she had a sense of purpose, a reason to be there. Even more than that, it was a place where she could feel the presence of another, without anything separating them.

"Well, I don't have my old job anymore. Perhaps that's why it didn't turn out as well as I envisioned."

The Tenth, Sefirot of Kingship. Unlike what the title suggested, her job wasn't to go around picking kings. No, that was the former job of the First Sefirot, and nowadays there was lesser and lesser need for it.

Vicious had doubted as much, noting that it was too good a deal without the Sefirot benefitting in another way. But the Liberi was wrong---not that Elaine would ever admit it.

Having the chance to go around in a humanoid form again reminded her of her own past. The Tenth Sefirot had started as a human, long ago, and this let her remember the good old days.

Particularly that one fight.

Elaine closed her eyes and dozed off, counting on Sora to wake her up after sunset.

Bochi

Half Past Tenth (II) [CLOSED]

The Sefirot noticed that the Liberi was awake as soon as her consciousness dipped back into the place she was providing respite. More specifically, Vicious was waiting to say something to her, and Elaine could feel the mild disapproval. Yet she would not say a word---the Sefirot waited for her counterpart to begin the conversation.

That was rather harsh of you.

In this place, Elaine appeared as the black-haired girl she initially appeared to Vicious as. And now the Sefirot was frowning.

It was necessary.

Perhaps, but the timing could have been a little better.

Do you want my help or not? I could just leave it as is and wait for it to become worse, and then you'll be stuck with bigger problems. And I thought you were the one asking me to help with the Okarin issue.

...You're right. I'm sorry.

As an awkward silence arose between the two, the Sefirot floated behind the curled-up Liberi, and gently embraced her, smiling.

So, how's my Sleeping Beauty doing? Want an apple?

...Are you trying to put me back to sleep permanently?

Hey, I'm not that bad a person. And what happened to resting?

Unlike previously when the space was empty save for the two of them, there was now a bunch of art and craft projects floating around, in various stages of completion. The Sefirot stared at the Liberi who shrugged and stared back.

I'm not an Ursus and it isn't winter. And I got bored when I wasn't sleeping.

I'm not asking about that. I'm more surprised by the fact that you picked up on how to use the power here.

You did give temporary reins of the place to me. I'm not an idiot, Elaine.

Of course you aren't. Still...some of these pieces are good enough to be sold. Like this wooden figurine you carved.

Reaching out, the Sefirot picked up a floating near-completed piece of work. It was rough at the edges and would need some more sandpaper, but the details were rather fine. It definitely outdid a machine-processed piece, that's for sure.

Hey, how about you swap in at night and carve a few of these over the course of the morning? These are bucks waiting to be earned.

Vicious snatched the figurine back and examined it, before tossing it aside and addressing Elaine.

You remind me of an old colleague. Closure, I think her name was.

Oho? It must have been someone real smart and dashing, I bet.

Well, maybe. It's just that the hair colour, eye colour, and the bust size are the same. That's why I made the connection.

I'm flattered---oi, f*ck you. I'm still in my growth phase. Besides, those things just bounce and get in the way of combat. More than enough is too much, you know?

No one with more than enough says that. Sounds more like sour grapes to me.

F*ck off! Are you complimenting me or needling me? And you seem plenty ready to swap back to me.

The Liberi curled up once more.

Not yet. Wait until Aquamarine gets here, please. There's only one reason she'll be in this world.

Ah. Your ticket home, was it. By the way, I gave your shotgun to Luna.

You what. Never mind, forget it. Anything else of mine you gave away that I need to know?

Well, there was the pouch of black powder...

Vicious allowed one of her eyes to peek out behind her hands. It was wide open in disbelief.

You moron! What if she contracts Oripathy from it?

Errr...she has magic. She'll be fine.

...I hope it was something beyond groundless optimism backing that statement.

It'll be fine. You worry too much, so just get back to sleep and stuff.

Wait, I'm not---

Goodnight!

Elaine made a pulling gesture, and the Liberi fainted, her body floating back into the Sefirot's embrace. Following a few more hand gestures, a simple bed materialized along with pillow and blanket, and Elaine gently tucked the sleeping Vicious in.

Don't worry. I won't be looking at what I'm not supposed to, so leave it to me. Besides, you already have someone in your heart, don't you. That's why you need to get back so urgently.

Even though she couldn't hear the Sefirot's words, the sleeping Vicious smiled slightly.

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
Diary: A Strange New Friend [Closed]

"You're Solet, right?" I asked the lady in front of me, while observing her feature. Aside from her odd weariness, she was the perfect fit for the meaning of beauty. She... reminded me of... you, my love...

"Yes." Despite the face that indicated fatigue, Solet could operate as if she was energetic, and had a strong presence despite her disposition. I reckoned that if she smiled and displayed emotions more, she would surely be popular among the soldiers. Her figure was already good, and her voice was pleasing to hear, but... something about her felt... off.

After the initial question, we travelled together to the tunnel, as our mission coincidentally aligned. As it turned out, we were the two that would be patrolling and surveying a tunnel today. I was surprised that the higher-up would be sending her here, instead of letting her be atop the fortress and used her to boost the morale of the warriors.

The patrol was done in silence, and gradually, I began to learn more about Solet. She looked quiet, and she was quiet. However, it seemed that, for some reasons, she seemed to yearn for something, but was too... worn-out to do anything. That pair of restless eyes, that stiff movement, that exhausted face... It... remained me of... myself.

"Miss Solet, anything on your mind?" After guessing the circumstance of Solet, I felt uncomfortable, knowing how it felt to be in despair, to be in pain. It was lonely, and it was like walking forwards into the darkness, and not knowing what lied ahead. She was... she looked pitiful. For some reasons, I felt a sense of similarity resonating from her.

Seeing that she shook her head in refusal, I further determined myself to stick with her. I knew that she was in a delicate phase of her life, and looking at her feature, she seemed young... It was not a great idea to leave someone like this alone... I knew this, from my own experience...

"My name is Medisus, Miss Solet." Introducing myself, because she never bothered to ask, I tried to strike up a conversation with her, but no matter how I tried, Solet refused to speak, and merely sighed or looked downcast. Every time she declined, I strengthened my resolve to help her from this phase.

Before long, we encountered a swamp of Rock Mites, at least fifty of them were here. It was dangerous, but if I played smart, then it would not hurt me that much. The armour of mine was great, and it could block most of the bite for me. I immediately waved my torch at them, scattering the swamp into various groups to ease the process of elimination.

However, before I could shout to Solet to let her know my plan, she dashed forwards, and with a strange staff in her hand, she cast some kinds of magic, creating a blinding ray of light. The light enveloped a part of the tunnel, and with its heat, it melted down most of the Rock Mites, leaving various burnt remains on the ground.

I... was shocked. Although I guessed that she was a magic-user, judging from her equipment, but I could never know that she was so powerful that she could single-handedly wipe out the group of Rock Mites. Although it was not hard to wipe the Mites alone, with the restriction of the weak tunnel supports, it became harder for anyone to accomplish the deed.

It was after Solet picking up the carapaces did I regain my composure and helped her. As I gazed back at her, I felt a slight fear at her lifeless pupils. However, when seeing that her face had turned somewhat paler than before, a strange sense of pity emerged from my heart, and I forcefully suppressed my fear before coming to help her and check on her.

"Miss Solet, are you okay?" And as I expected, she merely smiled and refused to speak her mind.

"Miss, before I came here, I also had a goal to accomplish, and a dream to live to... It was the best moment of my life, and I usually looked back to it in happiness and yearning. However, something happened, and I lost everything... everything. It was like the world was unfair, and Fate was playing with my life. It was a harsh blow, and it left me a scar that I would never forget. The feeling... it's lonely, and it's disheartening. Everything around me was dark... including myself. I felt blind and hopeless...

"... And to this day, the feeling still remained. I could see it when I closed my eyes, and I could hear it when I listened closely. Miss, we both knew this feeling, and it was hard to let go... A hypocrite, aren't I? In the end, I still couldn't let her go..." I thought, that, looking closely, I and she weren't so much different, after all. We were both a victim of our story, and we sought to come to term with it.

"Things... as nature dictates, will eventually pass." After a long silence, when I was looking down to the ground, watching it as I contemplated my feeling, a voice resounded and woke me up. Solet, after a long while, turned her back at me, and looked at the ceiling of the tunnel. She finally decided to speak to me.

That back... It was... too similar... I instinctively extended my hand forwards, but in the end, I retracted it and finally smiled, albeit a weak, tiring smile.

"Very true, Miss." In the end, we both surveyed the tunnel in silent, a comfortable, meaningful silence. The silence, wanted by us, given by us.

OOC: I was going for a Hopeful Vibe, but I'm not that kind of person, so forgive me for not being so good! :blob_hmph:

Solet finally got a friend!

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Unattainable Dream [CLOSED]

Note: This SS is pure trashy fanfiction. It's a fluffy dream that Okarin had one night but... it's pure trash! :blob_happy: :blob_happy: :blob_happy: :blob_happy: :blob_happy:

+ + +​

Some dream set in a distant impossible future.

Okarin was sitting on a rock and combing their hair, humming to themselves. Their long silvery hair flowed all the way down to their knees, with a shiny luxurious luster. The length, while difficult for a non-slime to comprehend, had special significance. It symbolized extraordinary peace and unimaginable comfort.

In the real world, Okarin had never been able to grow their hair so long.

For a slime, there was always a danger or threat lurking around the corner. There was always an urgent encounter that forced Okarin to spend some mass or desperately escape from a danger. They were always burning mass, so Okarin's hair reserve was rarely longer than a foot or two. A slime never had enough mass, and more often than not Okarin found themselves short of it.

Hair that long was...

...Unimaginable.

It might as well have been a fantasy imaginary paradise — or heaven.

That was probably an accurate description.

Okarin felt like they had died and gone to heaven.

+ + +​

"Heaven" for Okarin was a small little brook on the edge of a forest.

A small cottage — a real one — made of proper bricks and a tidy garden.

A vibrant symphony of forest animals, birds, and squirrels that chattered away on the trees.

Flowers and grasses and herbs... endless fields and meadows nearby.

Fish in the water, frogs, tadpoles, and the occasional summer dragonfly.

No humans anywhere in sight.

And...

+ + +​

A familiar hand affectionately rubbed Okarin's head from behind.

"I'm back," the voice said.

The slime person leaned fondly against those warm hands.

"Welcome home," Okarin chimed, as they looked upwards. "Did you have a good mission, Vi?"

"Ugh, those Savras in the bushes... I warned the Director about them but he didn't listen."

There was a frown on the Liberi's face. The ostrich played with Okarin's hair fretfully out of habit.

A look of concern crossed the slime's eyes as they fought to keep their long hair under control..

"It sounds like a tough mission," they said, sympathetically. "Will you be gone for a few weeks then?"

"Of course not. Who do you think you're talking to?" There was a sharp grin on Vicious's face.

"I'll finish them off tomorrow. My colleagues and I are the best operators around. With the mini-portal set up, I'll be home for dinner."

The Liberi beamed with self-confidence as they ruffled Okarin's hair further.

"V-Vi... my hair..." The slime protested weakly. "I need to braid it still."

Vicious immediately switched to poking and pulling at Okarin's round cheeks.

"What is this cute little thing? Where can I get more of it?"

"Muu, Vi~! I'm not a plush toy!"

The Liberi leaned closer and whispered into Okarin's ears.

"Don't you think your hair is getting a little long? Does that mean you're ready to have another one?"

Okarin's ears turned a shade of pink.

"Should we do it? Tonight, maybe?"

The slime instantly shot up to their feet in embarrassment.

They backed away a few feet and loosely tied their hair in a bundle front of their shoulder. Their face was visibly blushing.

"Vi... I don't want to lose count of how many little ones—"

"Okaaaaa~rin!"

Okarin was interrupted by a high-pitched child's voice.

"Okaa~rin!"

"Okaarin!"

"Okaariiiiin!"

A chorus of little slime voices cut into the scene.

In fact, a small crowd of little slimes burst out of the cottage and hopped/dashed over to the two adults.

"Viiiii~!! Viiiii~ is home~!!!!"

"Mama~!"

"Viiiii~! Hold me! Mimi wants carry! Fly! Fly high!"

"Zuzu wants carry too!"

"No fair! Zuzu had fly last time!"

Vicious wrapped her arms around Okarin's waist and pulled them into a soft embrace. She whispered something into the slime's ear.

Okarin flushed again and protested, "Not in front of the kids!"

The Liberi laughed nonetheless and bent over to pick up one of the little slimes.

"I'm just kidding~♪"

"Muu, I seriously won't be able to keep track of them all if we have any more!"

"Are you really going to be able to stop yourself though? Last time, we were just holding hands and you just hiccuped..."

"You know that I'm weak to hand-holding!!! That was 100% your fault!"

"They're seriously cute though. Maybe I should just do a singing kabedon and you'll make even more?"

:blob_shock::blob_shock::blob_shock:

"T-That's cheating! And I don't want to have more than three at a time! I'll die!!! I'll seriously die!!!"

Vicious laughed and leaned in to kiss Okarin on the cheek.

"You're the sweetest, okay? Don't ever change."

The Liberi pulled Okarin into a slow embrace.

The slime person blushed and hugged her back.

"Mm. I love you, Vi. You're the most amazing ostrich in the whole world."

"Mhm. Love you too."

Last edited:

Bochi

Half Past Tenth (III) [CLOSED]

"So that was where you'd went. Come on now, we're about to leave."

The proffered hand was ignored. The one who offered it simply took a seat next to the one who rejected it, waiting quietly and patiently. Between the two of them, she'd always been the one to wait. And today would be no exception.

Sure enough, the hood withdrew to reveal the tear-stained face.

"...Uhn."

"Don't be. Bad dreams?"

"Uhn."

A second proffered hand. This time it was taken, almost with a degree of desperation.

"Wanna talk about it?"

The scenery changed. Rather than a temporary camp pitched in a hurry amidst cracked roads and overgrown weeds, the two were now on a small balcony overlooking endless expanses of sand.

"Thanks for the save earlier."

"Uhn!"

A ruffle of the hair, followed by a shy giggle.

"Oh, you're hungry? Let's go to the dorms then."

Following the two leaving the room, the scenery changed again. A grassy field around some picnic tables, two of them hanging out at one end.

"Is it good?"

"Uhn."

A gentle chuckle and a head pat.

"I'll go get more. No need to rush."

"Uhn!"

The older one headed to the barbecue pit to continue grilling sausages, laughing as the flames roared merrily, tanning the sticks nice and brown. She grabbed a fan and fanned the flames more.

Then the flames grew in intensity and obscured all vision, changing the scenery one last time. Crackling thunder and pouring rain as she looked around in mounting urgency.

"----! Where are you?"

Nothing answered except the pitter-patter of droplets against the concrete. The pounding of hurried feet on creaking wood.

And the shout of relief.

"Hang on! I'm coming!"

A mighty leap that cleared the gap. The older girl landed safely on the other side, carrying the younger girl in her arms.

"I'm glad you're still okay---?!"

Cracks started forming where she stood; the girl bolted for it, towards the fallback point where a teammate was shouting towards her.

"Hurry, V! They're right behind you!"

"I don't need you to tell me that! Where's Platinum and Nearl?"

"Three blocks away! You two are the last ones! Hurry!"

An explosion right above her; the ceiling fell towards her; slowed down mid-fall, and she cleared the place barely before it went down. Ahead was a railing, then twenty metres of empty air followed by another railing. The girl sped up more.

"Hah!"

With a powerful step, the runner vaulted right over the first railing, the momentum carrying her forward. They'd clear the second railing with plenty of air to spare, she noted somewhat thankfully to herself.

---?!

Danger was imminent. She couldn't tell the direction, but trusting her senses, she threw the little girl forward with all her might, at the one who was waiting over the other railing.

Then something struck her in the back and the massive explosion shook the tower on it's foundations.

"No!"

The aforementioned girl tumbled out of the mushroom cloud, unconscious and falling. On the roof of the other tower, the little girl had been safely caught by a third Operator, who was now anxiously moving her hands, casting her Arts as she watched the unconscious Liberi plummet down a thirty-floor drop. Sadly, the cry of despair reached her before the magic could.

"Elaine-nee!"

Then the unconscious girl disappeared into a black and white portal.

Blearily the Sefirot sat up, eyes still droopy and tired. She looked around at the surroundings, then murmured sleepily towards the Miko leaning over them.

"...Sora. Why are my clothes wet?"

"I dunno. Dinner's ready, by the way. You might want to wash up a little before you come down. Your face, in particular."

After the Miko climbed off the roof to return into the Shrine, the Sefirot dabbed at the corners of her eyes. They were wet and she realized why quickly.

These aren't my tears. It's her who's crying.

The fact that she saw a memory which wasn't hers still made her rather uneasy. Malkuth didn't have that particular ability.

...I better find out more. After dinner, of course.

Patting her stomach, Elaine went back down into the shrine as well.

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
Terms Enforced (Closed)

[In another world]

"[...]...and so, it has been decided by the Council that we shall send an Enforcer to track your fledgling in the world of Tonia. The Enforcer will then determine whether she poses a threat to the people and - if she does - will enforce our laws upon her. If she proves to be of sound mind and action, the Enforcer shall ensure she learns of our laws and our ways. What say you, Yín Cì Shì Xiě?" A woman wearing golden ceremonial garb with red glowing eyes said to the handsome man in silver chains.

Smiling ruefully, Yín Cì Shì Xiě looked at his Overseer - Enforcer Jia Shen - before replying, "This one is willing to abide by Council Head's proposal. This one does, however, hold one request..." He bowed his head in deference towards the woman.

The woman glanced at her fellow Council members and, upon seeing them nod, motioned for him to proceed.

"This one requests that if this one's bride is deemed allowed to live, that this one may go to Tonia and be with her - as things should be."

"..."

The Council discussed amongst themselves before announcing their decision: "We, the Council, have determined Yín Cì Shì Xiě's request to be accepted. However! If the fledgling in question is found to be problematic, then Yín Cì Shì Xiě will also be severely punished for being the origin. This trial is over!" The Council members then rose up and vacated the premises using their ancient techniques, leaving Yín Cì Shì Xiě and Jia Shen alone.

"Jia Shen...Who are they going to send?" The handsome vampire asked with deep concern in his dull red eyes.

"...From what I've heard, it is Enforcer Shā Xuè."

"Tch! She's likely to kill my bride as soon as she sees her just to spite me!"

"...Although she bears enmity towards you, I can assure you that she is very serious about her job as an Enforcer - as you well know." Jia Shen gave a pointed look as he transported his charge back to the dungeon.

"...I fear for my bride's life, Jia Shen...She knows nothing of our kind..." Yín Cì Shì Xiě looked to the moonlit sky with melancholic eyes, yearning for his love.

"...Then you can only hope she has not fallen to the blood lust..."

"...Or to another's compulsion..." The handsome vampire muttered absentmindedly.

[OC: Yín Cì Shì Xiě, Jia Shen and the Council|Setting: Another world|Word Count: 401]

X

Last edited:

Vanus

AIEO's Information Selling Stories 3 - open - Spire Reef
"Frederick come sit down if you are vetted. Which surely you are correct?" I was sitting relaxed in my chair with a slight smile on my face the man was here for some purpose I did not know exactly what at this moment but I had ideas about what it could be.
Frederick pulls out a blue tag card with a stamp on it. Vetted or he stole the one from the previous guy not much difference though. "Just came to ask if you knew anything about me daughter." I did know something about his daughter but why was I being asked about daughters all the time.
"Yes I do know stuff about your daughter a fair amount but you'd have to be more specific if you want something."
"No no nothing more it's just I made sure none of the male information gatherers were watching her. You know fatherly instincts and all." I feel like slamming my face into the table. "But a pretty lady like you ain't gonna bring her no harm. No siree." I shake my head at the first part and nod at the second.
"I am no pretty lady. You'd know that if you knew me well. Well then I guess you will be going now see you around probably not." I shrug waiting for him to leave which he quickly does a little surprise at my claim that I am not pretty maybe he thinks I meant in personality. "Send in the next person Natasha."

Bochi

Fragments of Skies and Rivers (CLOSED/ @Bochi @Silver)

After a satisfying dinner and the subsequent washing up, Elaine dragged out a hammock and stuck it between two pillars of the courtyard, and proceeded to make herself comfortable. She took out the letter from the guild and gave it a casual read---was the initial plan. As the letter progressed, the sheer absurdity of the contents made the Sefirot sit up and pay extreme attention, afraid that she'd miss something.

"Wait, wait, wait. This is the correct letter, right? But the contents---ha! It's impossible even for me. What's the guildmaster thinking?"

"Mhm? Care to elaborate?"

With a lazy pass, the letter changed hands to Yato's Miko, who similarly had a difficult look on her face after finishing. Elaine accepted the folded letter back and started fanning herself with it.

"What do you think, Sora? Regarding the contents?"

"...It's difficult to say."

"Then, say it as Sora, and not as the Shrine Miko. The only adventurer here is sleeping."

"In that case...it's ridiculous. Forget the Shogun, I wouldn't accept the terms either. What gives him the right to list such conditions? Does he think the denizens of Fuyu Machi are a bunch of pushovers? Huh?"

"Whoa, whoa, calm down a little. I'm not the Guildmaster, okay? Don't vent at me."

Sora blushed as she was made to lie on the hammock as well. It was a big one, but not big enough for two people to lie side by side, so Elaine ended up at the bottom; Sora was lying on her belly, clinging to the Sefirot to avoid falling off. Although her grip seemed to be slightly more than necessary.

"So what do you plan to do?"

"Well, the letter's meant for the sleeper. Gotta wake her up and get her opinion first, else it'll be a theft of identity."

"Aren't you already stealing her identity?"

"Shhh! That's different. This one's official business, so I can't do what I usually do. Wait a bit, I'll be back with news."

As the Sefirot relaxed and dozed off lightly, the Miko ended up huddling closer for warmth as well---the chilly night was already starting.

*****​

Here you go.

Hmm? This letter is...?

Official adventurer's guild business, it seems. Just look at that seal. It's from a big shot, that's for sure. Moving up in the world, are we?

Vicious rolled her eyes as she torn the guildmaster's letter open from the top, leaving the seal in the centre completely intact whilst ripping up the top. This elicited a shocked gasp from the onlooking Sefirot.

That method of opening the letter! You're a deviant! Here, gimme!

Snatching over the partially-opened envelope, Elaine elegantly tugged on the corners, tracing the edges of the flap, and then tore it open on one end.

That's no better, moron! Give it back!

Snorting as she reclaimed the somehow still-intact but slightly crumpled letter, Vicious started going through it. Like the Sefirot before her, the Liberi's eyebrows rose higher and higher as the lines went lower and lower; it was promptly crushed and tossed aside when she was done.

...Seriously?

Right? I'm glad it wasn't just me who had that reaction.

I don't think anyone would have any other reactions, to be honest...wait, you've already gone through the letter?

Uh, yeah? If I didn't go through it once first, it wouldn't have been able to show up here. But once I went through it once, I can make several copies here---see?

She was waving a whole stack of them in one hand like how a rich person would wave paper bills. With the giggle the letters were tossed aside and vanished into nothingness.

That aside, how do you plan to reply?

How else can I reply? It's an impossible request! It'll take more than myself alone to carry out the reasonable parts of the letter. Nevermind the unreasonable parts; Kirin will lynch me if I dared to raise these suggestions to her.

I could ask on your behalf.

You're asking while in my body! That makes no difference! Get real!

True...well, I take it that you're not a supporter of this letter's demands.

Of course not. This is plain bullying. I won't stand for it.

The Sefirot smiled widely.

Fantastic. I was waiting for you to say that. In that case, I'll send a letter back to make it clear. Mind if I borrowed Sanguine to be my messenger pigeon?

Vicious was already on her way back to bed. She waved a lazy hand of approval.

As long as he agrees out of his own volition, go for it.

Alright. I'll see you later then.

*****​

Elaine opened her eyes to a darkened courtyard and a snoring bundle on top of her. Her arms and legs were unintentionally rendered immobile.

"Sora."

"...Mhm...?"

"Wake up. I can't move properly like this."

"...Mhmm...five more minutes..."

"You're getting drool all over me! Sheesh! Oi, don't go back to sleep! You'll catch a cold if you sleep out here, and so will I! Oi! Wake up!..."

. . . . . .

The next morning, an extremely stiff Sefirot sat at the breakfast table, drafting up a letter which she rolled up into a tube, and tied it to Sanguine's leg. With a whistle the falcon took off, disappearing quickly in the direction of Scribel City.

"Time for...*yawn*...me to catch up on lost sleep."

Elaine slammed her head into the desk and went right into dreamland.

'The letter has reached my hands safely, and I pray that this reply will share the same fate upon it's ultimate arrival on your desk. Sanguine will stay around until you've finished writing the reply, so just leave it in the tube on his leg when you're done, and he will deliver it back to me.

Now, regarding the negotiations...

I have gone through it's contents carefully and consulted with the Winter City's top echelons regarding it's contents, and the decision was unanimous. Most of the conditions stated have been rejected outright. The Shogun has agreed to sponsor the building costs and foot the bill for any request made by a citizen of Fuyu Machi, but that's the extent she's presently willing to go. The letter has also left most of them in a...disagreeable mood.

I find myself agreeing with their sentiment. The contents of the letter speaks for itself, and the Shogun's already made several concessions on the less dubious conditions. But the remaining ones will garner no traction here, and paints the guild in a rather poor light.

Understand that while my current loyalties are to the Adventurer's Guild, I cannot in good faith overlook the blatantly unreasonable conditions listed in your earlier letter. It is natural to want to garner as much benefits for one's own side in negotiation, this I can understand and accept. This amount of blatant exploitation, however, I cannot. Fuyu Machi is just as important to us as we are to them; without this city to hold the Oni's attention, they'll turn their attention to Scribel City, and I'm sure that's not the outcome anyone wants. No amount of walls will impede a rampaging Oni.

Finally, if I'm to say it frankly...

It's ridiculous. With all the things that's going on right now, earning money should be the last of our objectives. Money won't matter much if people are too dead to spend it, and that'll be what happens if the external issues aren't taken care of. The teeth will freeze if the lips are gone, and the news from the east are alarming as is. We cannot afford to drag this out.

For everyone's benefit---please do not send back a treaty that's reworded but actually has the same meanings. I sincerely hope you will be able to see reason, and await your reply, my slightly disappointing Guildmaster.'

--- Vicious, Glasgow Gang.

Silver

Fragments of Skies and Rivers (CLOSED/ @Bochi @Silver)

After a satisfying dinner and the subsequent washing up, Elaine dragged out a hammock and stuck it between two pillars of the courtyard, and proceeded to make herself comfortable. She took out the letter from the guild and gave it a casual read---was the initial plan. As the letter progressed, the sheer absurdity of the contents made the Sefirot sit up and pay extreme attention, afraid that she'd miss something.

"Wait, wait, wait. This is the correct letter, right? But the contents---ha! It's impossible even for me. What's the guildmaster thinking?"

"Mhm? Care to elaborate?"

With a lazy pass, the letter changed hands to Yato's Miko, who similarly had a difficult look on her face after finishing. Elaine accepted the folded letter back and started fanning herself with it.

"What do you think, Sora? Regarding the contents?"

"...It's difficult to say."

"Then, say it as Sora, and not as the Shrine Miko. The only adventurer here is sleeping."

"In that case...it's ridiculous. Forget the Shogun, I wouldn't accept the terms either. What gives him the right to list such conditions? Does he think the denizens of Fuyu Machi are a bunch of pushovers? Huh?"

"Whoa, whoa, calm down a little. I'm not the Guildmaster, okay? Don't vent at me."

Sora blushed as she was made to lie on the hammock as well. It was a big one, but not big enough for two people to lie side by side, so Elaine ended up at the bottom; Sora was lying on her belly, clinging to the Sefirot to avoid falling off. Although her grip seemed to be slightly more than necessary.

"So what do you plan to do?"

"Well, the letter's meant for the sleeper. Gotta wake her up and get her opinion first, else it'll be a theft of identity."

"Aren't you already stealing her identity?"

"Shhh! That's different. This one's official business, so I can't do what I usually do. Wait a bit, I'll be back with news."

As the Sefirot relaxed and dozed off lightly, the Miko ended up huddling closer for warmth as well---the chilly night was already starting.

*****​

Here you go.

Hmm? This letter is...?

Official adventurer's guild business, it seems. Just look at that seal. It's from a big shot, that's for sure. Moving up in the world, are we?

Vicious rolled her eyes as she torn the guildmaster's letter open from the top, leaving the seal in the centre completely intact whilst ripping up the top. This elicited a shocked gasp from the onlooking Sefirot.

That method of opening the letter! You're a deviant! Here, gimme!

Snatching over the partially-opened envelope, Elaine elegantly tugged on the corners, tracing the edges of the flap, and then tore it open on one end.

That's no better, moron! Give it back!

Snorting as she reclaimed the somehow still-intact but slightly crumpled letter, Vicious started going through it. Like the Sefirot before her, the Liberi's eyebrows rose higher and higher as the lines went lower and lower; it was promptly crushed and tossed aside when she was done.

...Seriously?

Right? I'm glad it wasn't just me who had that reaction.

I don't think anyone would have any other reactions, to be honest...wait, you've already gone through the letter?

Uh, yeah? If I didn't go through it once first, it wouldn't have been able to show up here. But once I went through it once, I can make several copies here---see?

She was waving a whole stack of them in one hand like how a rich person would wave paper bills. With the giggle the letters were tossed aside and vanished into nothingness.

That aside, how do you plan to reply?

How else can I reply? It's an impossible request! It'll take more than myself alone to carry out the reasonable parts of the letter. Nevermind the unreasonable parts; Kirin will lynch me if I dared to raise these suggestions to her.

I could ask on your behalf.

You're asking while in my body! That makes no difference! Get real!

True...well, I take it that you're not a supporter of this letter's demands.

Of course not. This is plain bullying. I won't stand for it.

The Sefirot smiled widely.

Fantastic. I was waiting for you to say that. In that case, I'll send a letter back to make it clear. Mind if I borrowed Sanguine to be my messenger pigeon?

Vicious was already on her way back to bed. She waved a lazy hand of approval.

As long as he agrees out of his own volition, go for it.

Alright. I'll see you later then.

*****​

Elaine opened her eyes to a darkened courtyard and a snoring bundle on top of her. Her arms and legs were unintentionally rendered immobile.

"Sora."

"...Mhm...?"

"Wake up. I can't move properly like this."

"...Mhmm...five more minutes..."

"You're getting drool all over me! Sheesh! Oi, don't go back to sleep! You'll catch a cold if you sleep out here, and so will I! Oi! Wake up!..."

. . . . . .

The next morning, an extremely stiff Sefirot sat at the breakfast table, drafting up a letter which she rolled up into a tube, and tied it to Sanguine's leg. With a whistle the falcon took off, disappearing quickly in the direction of Scribel City.

"Time for...*yawn*...me to catch up on lost sleep."

Elaine slammed her head into the desk and went right into dreamland.

'The letter has reached my hands safely, and I pray that this reply will share the same fate upon it's ultimate arrival on your desk. Sanguine will stay around until you've finished writing the reply, so just leave it in the tube on his leg when you're done, and he will deliver it back to me.

Now, regarding the negotiations...

I have gone through it's contents carefully and consulted with the Winter City's top echelons regarding it's contents, and the decision was unanimous. Most of the conditions stated have been rejected outright. The Shogun has agreed to sponsor the building costs and foot the bill for any request made by a citizen of Fuyu Machi, but that's the extent she's presently willing to go. The letter has also left most of them in a...disagreeable mood.

I find myself agreeing with their sentiment. The contents of the letter speaks for itself, and the Shogun's already made several concessions on the less dubious conditions. But the remaining ones will garner no traction here, and paints the guild in a rather poor light.

Understand that while my current loyalties are to the Adventurer's Guild, I cannot in good faith overlook the blatantly unreasonable conditions listed in your earlier letter. It is natural to want to garner as much benefits for one's own side in negotiation, this I can understand and accept. This amount of blatant exploitation, however, I cannot. Fuyu Machi is just as important to us as we are to them; without this city to hold the Oni's attention, they'll turn their attention to Scribel City, and I'm sure that's not the outcome anyone wants. No amount of walls will impede a rampaging Oni.

Finally, if I'm to say it frankly...

It's ridiculous. With all the things that's going on right now, earning money should be the last of our objectives. Money won't matter much if people are too dead to spend it, and that'll be what happens if the external issues aren't taken care of. The teeth will freeze if the lips are gone, and the news from the east are alarming as is. We cannot afford to drag this out.

For everyone's benefit---please do not send back a treaty that's reworded but actually has the same meanings. I sincerely hope you will be able to see reason, and await your reply, my slightly disappointing Guildmaster.'

--- Vicious, Glasgow Gang.
Dear, Mrs Vicious,
We at the guild thank you for your fast response to the previous guild master’s treaty.

Unfortunately due to unexpected circumstances the previous guildmaster has left his position for the time being. So I, Cassel will be temporarily representing the guild. Please list the terms you have found to be unreasonable. And, if possible add the previous contract the previous guildmaster has sent. Since at the moment have no idea what contract the guild master has sent out.

Sincerely, Cassel
OOC: internet died, responses will be slow.
PS: I probably should mention that you don't actually have to write out the previous contract. I just wrote that while panicking. Cough cough* internet is still spotty so don't expect the fastest response times from me.

Last edited: