Adventurer's Guild Adventurer's Guild - Reception Desk

Evaluation

UNAPPRAISED

Having two sons myself, I can't help but take this quest. I will not have children suffer when I am around, be they my own or someone else's. And if I can prevent children from going missing, that's even better! My poor little ones! Daddy will protect you! ...ahem.

It seems that someone's son, named Victor, went missing in the swamps to the south. That's problematic, as it seems like access to that area is rather new - with a bridge having been constructed recently - so there is no one I can ask to lead the way. No matter, I will find Victor. This might be a long day, but there's nothing to regret. I will save Victor.

After leaving the city to the south I continue on and cross the bridge, trying to discover anything that might help me find Victor. But there are no traces I can find on the way to the swamp. Which means the next part of the search. I raise my hands to my mouth, take a deep breath, and shout: "VICTOR! ARE YOU THERE!?"

I wait for a few seconds and listen, but receive no response. I was afraid that might happen. Now, what do I know about Victor? A rather young boy that wore common shoes, ran off into the swamp alone and was wearing a... black shirt last he was seen. Not a lot, but everything I have. I start to search for small footprints, slowly circling outwards from the bridge while keeping a close eye on the ground. Come on, there has to be something somewhere...

Then I spot a track of small feet. That... could be it. Or someone else. But it's worth a try. With my sword, I cut off a branch from a nearby tree and shorten it so that its length is about the distance between the footprints, and then proceed to follow the tracks, using the stick as an indicator where tracks might be whenever I have trouble finding some. Then, I spot a small patch of black cloth on some thorns along the track. Meaning that I most likely am following the right tracks. I once again shout for Victor but receive no reply. Dammit.

So I keep following the tracks. Here he passed through some tall grass. Here he broke through the thin ground but managed to pull himself free. More torn cloth. I shout again. Is that a whimpering back there? The tracks seem to point in that direction. I might be close. Could he be hurt? Find the tracks, find the tracks... come on, they have to be here somewhere. One more shout. This time, I clearly hear the whimpering.

Sprinting through the undergrowth, I suddenly discover a small pile lying beneath a tree. It's Victor! Breath? Still there. Heartbeat? Good. No large injury. I carefully lift him up into a princess carry, not caring about the mud his body is almost caked in, then turn to leave - only to see a bear walk through the undergrowth nearby. I halt. The bear spots me and halts as well. Ever so slowly, I move backward.

"Don't worry bearie, we're about to leave. We don't want to fight, or hurt you, just let us leave..."

Step by step I move away from the bear that keeps eyeing us before it finally turns away and disappears into the undergrowth. Okay. Good. We survived that. Not to get back to the city while not startling the bear...

A very large detour later, I finally arrive at the bridge again. Thank god - or whatever being is responsible for getting us out of there safely. Maybe I should thank myself? Heh, if only. Now, let's return Victor to his home.

The way back to the city is without any complications and I hand the still unconscious Victor over to his family and describe the circumstances I found him in, but they simply are happy he is back. So am I. I also am exhausted, my heart is still pounding, and I have a stench to wash off before I return to my family. I hand over my report to the guild and start walking back to the inn to take a thorough bath and to clean my clothes with mud-caked boots. Finally, I retire for the day.

"A Bear? Thank you for finding Victor, it would have been disastrous other wise, here is your reward."

Reward
  • Money: 15 G
OOC: Please mark report evaluated

Evaluation

Quest - Evaluation Needed

Tales of Old Worlds
Sponsor: The Scribel LibrarianLocation: Scribel LibraryLevel: N/A
Objectives
  • Told us about: Legends from your previous worlds, or the technology of your previous worlds, or simply anything related to your old worlds.
  • Tell no lie!
  • (Optional) Tell us about your epic adventures and life before Tonia!
Otherworlders, with your arrival, you have changed the current state of Scribel City. Although some citizens hated your presence, it was undeniable that you were the crucial part of this City. Without your help, we might never be able to expand our influence this fast and steady.

Recently, we, the Scribel Library, had been filling up our shelves with knowledge obtained from your hard work. We are eternally grateful for your effort. With this, we could distribute a great deal of common knowledge to our natives, and helped them to lead a better life, and improve the City as a whole.

Now, as our gesture of goodwill, we put this quest up, in order to help cleanse your infamous image and restore your reputation as the great contributors of the Scribel City. Of course, we knew that you wouldn't take anything without any reasons, so we had decided to let you tell us about your previous worlds, before you come to the Great Tonia. It could be about anything, but the best would be, tales about the legends, real-life occurrences, technological knowledge, or simply your own adventures.

With them, we would slowly help you build a better reputation, and demonstrate that you, the adventurers, are humans, too.
Rewards
Exp: 50 (75)Money: 20(30) GOther: N/A

Due to my spare time and troubles in my thoughts, I shall retain my memories onto these papers so that I may preserve my sanity. Forgive my lack of courtesy with words as I only wish to seek comfort.

I come for a land mostly surrounded by flats in a kingdom called Rednefed, a country proud to have withstood countless invasions for centuries and more to come. The only ones who have come close to reaching the capital borders were the neighboring and enemies of the country, Reilavac. A foreign country that prided themselves with speed and horses. Although the soldiers of Rednefed could defend themselves from their attack, the swiftness of the forces of Reilavac could not be matched; thus we have been in endless conflict since the birth of country. No one knew the reason anymore for such conflict; we only knew that we were always against each other.

Comparing the people of Scribel to Rednefed, it was relatively the same except we never had such a variety of races or this so called magic. Miracles are as close as I can compare them to magic here, since our worldly phenomenon could only be explained as nothing but a miracle. Gifts and Blessing are all etched onto special individuals and are highly sought after by any country. They cannot be transferred by passing or hereditary means, it said that a person imbued by a gift is favored by one of our gods or blessed for their past life. I was never a religious person but I knew the god our country worshipped, Aegis; the paragon of perseverance and will. It is said she gave birth to the first Lancer to stand against all as fell into slumber, waiting to be finally awoken in our direst need.

Humanoids mostly populated our world with the only difference was the ears, we could differentiate each other’s race by how sharp, round, color, or tall the ears were. The only similarity we all shared was our base form of a body.

Although my origin is from the country itself, I have never lived most of my life in the capital. I was born in a pioneer border farm village that would take two weeks worth of carriage travel to arrive. As the only child of the village chief, I was to inherit the village and lead it to prosper. With the gift of strength given to me by a god, I used it to help all hard labors in the village. I did my utmost to preserved our way of life; work to live and to pass on our inheritance to the next generation. Life was simple and it was peaceful.

Life would not be that easy however. Word travelled slowly with us being at the border, other villages had been burned down and pillaged from the soldiers of Reilavac. When word got to us what had happened to them, it was already too late. The soldier had already arrived and immediately ransacked our home. Adults tried to fend them off to buy time for the women and children to run to safety. I wanted to join the fight, with my strength I could defeat atleast one soldier; father would never let me though. He told me to lead our people to safety into the woods. He gave me our family’s spear heirloom and charged right at the enemy. I reluctantly turned my back him and led my people into the woods.

Ever so desperate we all ran with our lives on the line. With the soldiers almost upon us, I stayed at the back to at least buy them some time, but it was all fruitless.

My whole village was captured, fathers were all beheaded and piked onto a pole. Women were either raped or tied at the back of the horse, only to be dragged to their death as their bodies drew left rivers of blood. Children were seen as a sport of hunting in the woods, as to be never heard of again.

My fate? It was simple; they decided to behead me.

All the cries, wails, laughter, visions, faces, were all etched into my mind. My gift was never a gift, what was a gift if I couldn’t even use it.

Listlessly waiting for my death, a sudden battle came. The finest soldiers of Rednefed came, the Lancers. There they withstood all the enemies attacks and countered with their lances and pierced the gaps with such precision. They had routed the invading soldier back. They all came to save the burning village, but they were all too late. The only they had saved was me, a powerless boy.

My days in the capital of Rednefed were at an orphanage. There I counted my days, weeks, months of being powerless. At my coming of age, I had decided to join the Lancers with one thing in mind.

Revenge….

My training was anything but harsh, and that is saying it as an understatement. Lancers were all the strongest of the strong and sturdiest of the sturdy. They all withstood the pain and had high knowledge in both military and political. I endured such harsh training, gritting my teeth in pain even when my body was cut down; carrying loads that five times more than what my body could handle. Our trainers would never let us rest even when we are about to pass out, they would only consider doing so it one could not be awoken for the day.

I persevered through all of the harshest pain as possible, even when my body would swell up from the excess amount of damaged I suffered, I carried on with my training; etched all the necessary military commands and tactics along with the etiquette towards all people.

We all showed courtesy to anyone, even among the common citizens; for it was them that was the lifeblood of the country. Citizens would feed us, worship us, honor us; all of our needs were met for free. One would get over their head if treated as such, but not us. Those all that survived and graduated learned honor, form, pride, obedience, and most of all, integrity. Those who didn’t were casted out of the academy, never to be allowed to reapply again. I was part of the former.

I had learned to appease my vengeance but it was never soothe, it still lingers in heart but with my new found strength, I could atleast protect all those who wished to harm us.

Our code, ‘Stand tall so that those behind may march.’.

With my graduation, I was filled with joy when I was assigned to the keep bordering Reilavac. Even if I couldn’t enact my revenge, I could atleast slay those who wish to cross with us, but that never was fulfilled.

A month after I was stationed at the keep, I was told to return to the capital due to the news being that the war was over. A ceasefire was signed along with our borders being finalized in asserting a countries domain. Some lancers stayed in duty to protect our borders, some were told to be relieved of duty and would heed the call of the country when needed. I was part of the latter.

I dejectedly traveled back to my home and once I arrived there, the memories of those events were still fresh in my mind as if not having faded at all. All the fires have burned down into char but I could still smell the burning wood and flesh. Soil had been long dried up but my feet could still feel the dampness of it being soaked by blood.

What can I stand tall to defend against? Who are those left behind me so they may march? My country was not my people, as deep as much as my gratitude is to them for training me; none of my people were saved. Even being taught with the skills to protect and slay, my revenge was not even at the slightest fulfilled even if it was just one person from the invading country.

I have no people.

I have no country.

I have no gift.

I have no purpose.

That is when the portal suddenly appeared, it gave of such a feel of being distant; like it would take me far away from all of this. I resigned my fate to it and approached it…

Now here I am, at this current moment. I am now a lawful wanderer, upholding all the teachings etched into me, even when I don’t have a kingdom to serve nor people to protect.

Here I met Iris, a listless woman with no life in her eyes. I don’t know why I took into upon myself to rescue her, perhaps I was seeking redemption, or maybe it was a call of purpose, maybe even a selfish delusion to justify the void I am feeling. Regardless of the reason, I am now here and I do not know where it may lead…….

"That is an interesting story, Mister Reival, here is your reward"

Reward
Exp: 55
Money: 25G

hunter3368

Evaluated Report
I want to see the beauty of the Scribel City region!
Sponsor: Lord Eugene RosenthalLocation: Scribel City and outskirtsLevel: N/ARank: N/A
Objectives
  • Only do 1 painting per quest.
  • Enter Scribel City and its outskirts
    • Paint a landscape of Scribel City outside
    • Paint a portrait of the Adventurer Guild
    • Paint a portrait of the market
    • Paint a portrait of outside the Guild Tavern
    • Paint a portrait of inside the Guild Tavern
    • Paint a portrait of the Adventurer Guild Master
    • Paint a landscape of Gem Ravine
    • Paint a landscape of the forest
    • Paint a portrait of local wildlife (repeatable)
    • Paint a portrait of Guild receptionists
    • Paint a portrait of adventurers (repeatable)
    • Paint a portrait of the slums
    • Paint a portrait of the noble district
    • Paint a portrait of a smithy
    • Paint a portrait of the Government Building
    • Paint a portrait of the City Guard Barracks
    • Paint a portrait of a City Guard Captain
    • Paint a portrait of the Alchemist building
    • Paint a portrait of an orphanage
    • Paint a portrait of a temple
    • Paint a portrait of the Prison and its warden
    • Paint a landscape of the slime horde
  • Deliver the paintings intact.
Lately, I've been wanting to see how the city and its outskirts look from different perspectives.
As a patron of the arts, I wish to see the beauty of the city and the nearby region in all its glory!
Of course, I'm not going to be stingy with the rewards, I'll even provide the art materials!
Rewards
Exp: 100Money: 35G
Guild master painting report
Noble District painting report
City Guard Barracks report
X
As a Shadow Painter, I naturally painted some of the local wildlife in the outskirts of Scribel City. I had come across some truly beautiful scenery while travelling toward the city to register as an Adventurer. Naturally, it was a horned rabbit drawn in Black. After finding the request, I delivered the paintings to Lord Rosenthal. I do hope it is sufficient.
1585172152350.png

- Shakeen's Journal, Day 1.

Last edited:

hunter3368

Evaluated Report

Rabbit Meat Hunting
Sponsor: Tommy The BBQ stall OwnerLocation: Scrible PlazaLevel: 1
Objectives
  • Hunt 10 Horned Rabbits in outskirts of Biome Forest.
  • Properly Drain the Blood of the hunted Rabbits
  • Deliver the Rabbits to Tommy.
  • (Warning) make sure the Rabbits is in proper condition & not utterly destroyed physically.
To Any Adventurer,

I'm requesting Assistance, I'm the owner of the Barbecue Stall in the Plaza, maybe you already know me or maybe not.

You see, I run out of stock of Horned Rabbits meat. I request you honorable Mr/Ms Adventurer to please Hunt some Horned Rabbits for me since I can't hunt Myself due to the dangers lurking outside the walls. And in return I'll cook you some delicious rabbit Skewer.
Rewards
Exp: 75Money: 35(45) GOther: 5× juicy Rabbit meat Skewer
As time passes, the light grows dimmer. With darkness encroaching on Scribble City, it was time to act.

Picking a suitable Quest, I headed off to the outskirts of the Forest Biome.

As I had previously encountered the Horned Rabbits before, I knew exactly where to look. Complete darkness enveloped the night as the clouds covered the moon. Tonight, the hunt begins!

The rabbits were naturally very perceptive, but I was very fast with my Half-Shadow state. Transferring myself through the shadows, I immediately killed a Horned Rabbit with my dagger. Surprisingly, the other Horned rabbits detected this and immediately ran away. I could only kill another one before they got out of my 10 m range.

Helpless, I could only hunt the remaining 8 slowly. It took me hours before I got them all. Naturally, I properly killed them all with one hit and drained their blood. This left all the Rabbits' corpses in quite good conditions.

Hunting all these rabbits reminded me of a video I saw in my past life: last of us rabbit shot by arrow twitch clip - cutest f*cking thing ive ever seen. Nonetheless, I still killed them. I had to. All in order to survive.

It was already midnight when I returned. After submitting my report to Briele at the Guild Library and delivering the 10 Rabbits to Tommy at the Scribble Plaza, I was ready to sleep.

-Shakeen's Journal, Day 1.

Last edited:
Evaluation
Unevaluated Report

As a Shadow Painter, I naturally painted some of the local wildlife in the outskirts of Scribel City. I had come across some truly beautiful scenery while travelling toward the city to register as an Adventurer. Naturally, it was a horned rabbit drawn in Black. After finding the request, I delivered the paintings to Lord Rosenthal. I do hope it is sufficient.
View attachment 2129
- Shakeen's Journal, Day 1.

"Good work, here is your reward"

Reward
EXP:100
Money:35

hunter3368

Evaluated Report
Sponsor: Lord Eugene RosenthalLocation: Scribel City and outskirtsLevel: N/ARank: N/A
Objectives
Lately, I've been wanting to see how the city and its outskirts look from different perspectives.
As a patron of the arts, I wish to see the beauty of the city and the nearby region in all its glory!
Of course, I'm not going to be stingy with the rewards, I'll even provide the art materials!
Rewards
Guild master painting report
Noble District painting report
City Guard Barracks report
X
Waking up, I felt the need to paint some more. After last night's dreadful grinding, I was sure that I could become even stronger.

Nonetheless, old habits die hard. I remembered there were still many painting requests left. Thus, I made my way to the outskirts of Scribble City.

There, I was once again met with the beautiful scenery of the landscape. Thus, I decided to paint it. With my skill of course. It was perfect for capturing the scenery in black and white. Once again, I returned to submit the painting to Lord Rosenthal, in hopes of improving my skills and rising even further as an Adventurer.

Yes, all in the hopes of one day achieving my dream, revenge...
1585178957621.png
-Shakeen's Journal, Day 2.

Last edited:

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Quest Report - Evaluated
Scout the Beastman Mountain
Sponsor:
Adventurer's Guild
Required Level: 3
Reward: 150 EXP / 50 G
Objectives:
  • Read these quest reports: (1) (2) (3)
  • Learn about this area and the kingdom.
  • Assess the threat-level of the region.
  • Identify monsters and dangers in the region.
  • Identify resources and benefits in the region.
  • Update: (1)
Note: I believe my last report is unevaluated too!

Quest Report - Okarin

After a fairly tumultuous morning meeting Seiryuu at a mineral spring, getting dropped by Elaine down the Winter Mountain, and visiting the injured lizardgirl while taking on 2500 G in medical debt, Okarin finally ended up wandering the streets of Fuyu Machi.

The slime was rather detached.

There were many sights to be seen in the Winter City at the foot of the Winter Mountain. It was quickly approaching the evening, and many street vendors were preparing to set up stalls for the Night Market that occurred every night after sundown. It was bustling oriental-styled market — with all sorts of interesting shops and foods. For instance, there were lanterns that lined the streets. Takoyaki, fish balls, gyoza, yakisoba, yakitori, onigiri... many types of food that Okarin had never seen before.

Although the oni were attacking the surrounding villages in the bamboo forest, Fuyu Machi itself seemed to be quite peaceful. Okarin wondered if that was a testament to the the strength of the beastman guards? Or perhaps because the people had a high degree of faith in their shogun despite the troubling times?

Regardless, Okarin kept a wide berth from the bustling Night Market streets.

They weren't really in a mood.

Then again, it wasn't like Okarin had any more money to buy anything, in either case.

The slime person was now officially 2500 G in debt, so Okarin wasn't quite sure when would be the next time they'd really be able to buy anything again. Okarin wondered what would happen if they couldn't make the monthly loan payments to the banker in Fuyu Machi that they had found. Would they be blacklisted from buying anything for the rest of their life? How bad would the interest get?

The contract wasn't exactly that clear, and if Okarin had known better (or known anybody), perhaps they should have gotten a lawyer to look at it... although, it wasn't like Okarin had any money to pay for one of those either.

The slime had just hoped for the best and gone with it.

Life was difficult, in certain ways.

...Maybe it would be better to just go back to being a vegetable slime.

+ + +​

The quarter moon was back in the sky again, and Okarin was leaning on the rails of a small bridge.

They looked down at the water.

There was the reflection of the moon, and there was the soft ambient noise of water trickling away.

Okarin stared at their reflection.

They didn't really like how they looked.

VIcious... probably liked girls, it seemed...?

The slime tugged at the skin on their cheeks, and wondered if they should make the shape rounder.

Oh, and also their flat chest.

Human females all had breasts, so perhaps Okarin should give themselves some? It was very easy for Okarin to modify their appearance, although in the past Okarin had never given themselves mounds on their chest. It was sort of just dead weight — in the sense that it was a waste of mass — and to them it seemed like a hassle to have sacks of flesh hanging around.

Hair — on the other hand — was useful. Most of Okarin's abilities consumed mass, and it was easiest for them to use their hair as a reservoir for excess mass. When Okarin ate a lot, their hair got longer. When they did intense activities, their hair got shorter. It was much more reliable than shrinking and growing their height all the time, especially since it took some time for Okarin to get used to every new body. It would have been extremely confusing for Okarin's reflexes if sometimes their arm was always a variable length (i.e. six inches longer or shorter), so frankly Okarin preferred to keep their body dimensions constant. Freely adjusting their hair length was the most practical solution.

In either case, Okarin sighed as they stared at the water.

Maybe Vicious didn't like how squishy they were. There wasn't very much Okarin could do about that.

They sighed again.

"Are you staring at me, ne~?" A voice floated up from the water.

"Sei... I just really want to be alone right now."

"But it's embarrassing if you stare at me for so long~" The river spirit said.

"Close your eyes then or something."

"Muu, you're no fun! A river doesn't have eyes!"

Okarin shrugged and pushed themselves up off the railing. They walked away from the edge of the water.

"Come on, cheer up! It's a nice evening! There's no oni attack tonight, and the sun is still going to rise tomorrow!"

"Easy for an oblivious person relaxing safely in the Winter City to say."

"Hey! I work very hard at protecting the villages around the river!"

"How many people do you think get eaten by Oni's every day?"

"Geez, you're so gloomy!"

The slime person squatted down and leaned back against a pillar on the bridge.

"I started thinking about that Lizardgirl with all those shattered bones. If I hadn't dragged her over here, she would've been dead."

"Mhm, but you saved her, you know? That's pretty impressive."

"The last thing she told me was to save her brother, and not her. However, I did exactly the opposite of what she wanted."

"Life just doesn't aways work out the way we want. That's normal."

"I wonder if she's angry at me."

The was suddenly a splash of water that sprayed Okarin in the face.

The slime person gasped from the sudden cold, and Okarin whirled around to glare at the river.

"Sei! What was that for?!"

"Because you're an idiot! A baka!"

Okarin was speechless.

"You're annoying!" Okarin shot back as they wiped the water from their face.

The sound of the Azure Dragon's laughter echoed through the night.

+ + +​

Eventually, they quieted down.

The banter had continued for a bit longer, but they gradually tired as the hours of the night passed.

"Sei?" Okarin asked, leaning against the railing of the bridge again.

They were getting slightly sleepy.

"Mhm?"

"I'm thinking of visiting the Lizardman Tribes."

"Mhm. Good for you."

"I want to see if I can find that Lizardgirl's village."

"Hai. Hai."

"I wanted to ask where your river goes? If I kept following the White River all the way downstream?"

"The ocean, duh (you dummy)."

"I mean, before that."

"As in, if the river passes by the Lizardman Tribes? Well — yes and no — there are the Floodplains, which is sort of by the Marshlands and the Swamp. From time to time, the lizards come out to the Floodplains, so it's not a bad place to start."

"I see. Thank you, Sei. That's really helpful."

"Mhm."

It was suddenly quiet between the two of them again.

There was a somewhat awkward silence in the air.

A chilly breeze blew across the bridge. The moon had traveled a significant distance across the night sky.

"I guess it's getting kind of late. I should get going," Okarin said.

"Mhm. Okay. Bye, Okarin."

"Goodnight, Sei."

Okarin waited for a moment.

However, seconds passed, and there was no further response from the river.

The moon was high in the sky.

Summary:
  • Okarin walked past the Night Market in Fuyu Machi.
  • Lots of typical oriental street food is sold in the Night Market.
  • Okarin spent the evening on a bridge chatting to Seiryuu, the Guardian of the White River.
  • The White River flows to the ocean. Before that, there are the Floodplains which is near the Lizardman swamps and marshlands.

Last edited:
Evaluation

Quest Report - Unevaluated

Note: I believe my last report is unevaluated too!

Quest Report - Okarin

After a fairly tumultuous morning meeting Seiryuu at a mineral spring, getting dropped by Elaine down the Winter Mountain, and visiting the injured lizardgirl while taking on 2500 G in medical debt, Okarin finally ended up wandering the streets of Fuyu Machi.

The slime was rather detached.

There were many sights to be seen in the Winter City at the foot of the Winter Mountain. It was quickly approaching the evening, and many street vendors were preparing to set up stalls for the Night Market that occurred every night after sundown. It was bustling oriental-styled market — with all sorts of interesting shops and foods. For instance, there were lanterns that lined the streets. Takoyaki, fish balls, gyoza, yakisoba, yakitori, onigiri... many types of food that Okarin had never seen before.

Although the oni were attacking the surrounding villages in the bamboo forest, Fuyu Machi itself seemed to be quite peaceful. Okarin wondered if that was a testament to the the strength of the beastman guards? Or perhaps because the people had a high degree of faith in their shogun despite the troubling times?

Regardless, Okarin kept a wide berth from the bustling Night Market streets.

They weren't really in a mood.

Then again, it wasn't like Okarin had any more money to buy anything, in either case.

The slime person was now officially 2500 G in debt, so Okarin wasn't quite sure when would be the next time they'd really be able to buy anything again. Okarin wondered what would happen if they couldn't make the monthly loan payments to the banker in Fuyu Machi that they had found. Would they be blacklisted from buying anything for the rest of their life? How bad would the interest get?

The contract wasn't exactly that clear, and if Okarin had known better (or known anybody), perhaps they should have gotten a lawyer to look at it... although, it wasn't like Okarin had any money to pay for one of those either.

The slime had just hoped for the best and gone with it.

Life was difficult, in certain ways.

...Maybe it would be better to just go back to being a vegetable slime.

+ + +​

The quarter moon was back in the sky again, and Okarin was leaning on the rails of a small bridge.

They looked down at the water.

There was the reflection of the moon, and there was the soft ambient noise of water trickling away.

Okarin stared at their reflection.

They didn't really like how they looked.

VIcious... probably liked girls, it seemed...?

The slime tugged at the skin on their cheeks, and wondered if they should make the shape rounder.

Oh, and also their flat chest.

Human females all had breasts, so perhaps Okarin should give themselves some? It was very easy for Okarin to modify their appearance, although in the past Okarin had never given themselves mounds on their chest. It was sort of just dead weight — in the sense that it was a waste of mass — and to them it seemed like a hassle to have sacks of flesh hanging around.

Hair — on the other hand — was useful. Most of Okarin's abilities consumed mass, and it was easiest for them to use their hair as a reservoir for excess mass. When Okarin ate a lot, their hair got longer. When they did intense activities, their hair got shorter. It was much more reliable than shrinking and growing their height all the time, especially since it took some time for Okarin to get used to every new body. It would have been extremely confusing for Okarin's reflexes if sometimes their arm was always a variable length (i.e. six inches longer or shorter), so frankly Okarin preferred to keep their body dimensions constant. Freely adjusting their hair length was the most practical solution.

In either case, Okarin sighed as they stared at the water.

Maybe Vicious didn't like how squishy they were. There wasn't very much Okarin could do about that.

They sighed again.

"Are you staring at me, ne~?" A voice floated up from the water.

"Sei... I just really want to be alone right now."

"But it's embarrassing if you stare at me for so long~" The river spirit said.

"Close your eyes then or something."

"Muu, you're no fun! A river doesn't have eyes!"

Okarin shrugged and pushed themselves up off the railing. They walked away from the edge of the water.

"Come on, cheer up! It's a nice evening! There's no oni attack tonight, and the sun is still going to rise tomorrow!"

"Easy for an oblivious person relaxing safely in the Winter City to say."

"Hey! I work very hard at protecting the villages around the river!"

"How many people do you think get eaten by Oni's every day?"

"Geez, you're so gloomy!"

The slime person squatted down and leaned back against a pillar on the bridge.

"I started thinking about that Lizardgirl with all those shattered bones. If I hadn't dragged her over here, she would've been dead."

"Mhm, but you saved her, you know? That's pretty impressive."

"The last thing she told me was to save her brother, and not her. However, I did exactly the opposite of what she wanted."

"Life just doesn't aways work out the way we want. That's normal."

"I wonder if she's angry at me."

The was suddenly a splash of water that sprayed Okarin in the face.

The slime person gasped from the sudden cold, and Okarin whirled around to glare at the river.

"Sei! What was that for?!"

"Because you're an idiot! A baka!"

Okarin was speechless.

"You're annoying!" Okarin shot back as they wiped the water from their face.

The sound of the Azure Dragon's laughter echoed through the night.

+ + +​

Eventually, they quieted down.

The banter had continued for a bit longer, but they gradually tired as the hours of the night passed.

"Sei?" Okarin asked, leaning against the railing of the bridge again.

They were getting slightly sleepy.

"Mhm?"

"I'm thinking of visiting the Lizardman Tribes."

"Mhm. Good for you."

"I want to see if I can find that Lizardgirl's village."

"Hai. Hai."

"I wanted to ask where your river goes? If I kept following the White River all the way downstream?"

"The ocean, duh (you dummy)."

"I mean, before that."

"As in, if the river passes by the Lizardman Tribes? Well — yes and no — there are the Floodplains, which is sort of by the Marshlands and the Swamp. From time to time, the lizards come out to the Floodplains, so it's not a bad place to start."

"I see. Thank you, Sei. That's really helpful."

"Mhm."

It was suddenly quiet between the two of them again.

There was a somewhat awkward silence in the air.

A chilly breeze blew across the bridge. The moon had traveled a significant distance across the night sky.

"I guess it's getting kind of late. I should get going," Okarin said.

"Mhm. Okay. Bye, Okarin."

"Goodnight, Sei."

Okarin waited for a moment.

However, seconds passed, and there was no further response from the river.

The moon was high in the sky.

Summary:
  • Okarin walked past the Night Market in Fuyu Machi.
  • Lots of typical oriental street food is sold in the Night Market.
  • Okarin spent the evening on a bridge chatting to Seiryuu, the Guardian of the White River.
  • The White River flows to the ocean. Before that, there are the Floodplains which is near the Lizardman swamps and marshlands.

"Good work, having debt can be really tough. Perhaps you want to seek out the Merchant guild, they often offer high paying jobs or maybe even a loan."

Reward
Reward: 150 EXP / 50 G

hunter3368

Failed Quest - Slime Subjugation

Sending out the 10 Shadow Horned Rabbits in broad daylight was a bad idea. Not only did they only bring me the 5 Slime cores, 5 of them got destroyed while the remaining 5 returned with heavy injuries. Repainting them to reuse them would be a waste of time at this point.

I shouldn't have gotten so impatient. Recently, my thoughts of revenge have been clouding my judgement. So much that I made such a basic mistake...

Epsil

Failed Quest - Slime Subjugation

Sending out the 10 Shadow Horned Rabbits in broad daylight was a bad idea. Not only did they only bring me the 5 Slime cores, 5 of them got destroyed while the remaining 5 returned with heavy injuries. Repainting them to reuse them would be a waste of time at this point.

I shouldn't have gotten so impatient. Recently, my thoughts of revenge have been clouding my judgement. So much that I made such a basic mistake...

Better luck next time! Maybe they'd work better at night? - Alias

hunter3368

Better luck next time! Maybe they'd work better at night? - Alias
Indeed, they could go completely unnoticed in the darkness. Unless people directly attack them, they can avoid contact with normal people. - Shakeen

Reciful

EVALUATION

Unevaluated Report

As time passes, the light grows dimmer. With darkness encroaching on Scribble City, it was time to act.

Picking 2 suitable Quests, I headed off to the outskirts of the Forest Biome. By using my Lesser Shadow Transformation, I transferred myself 15 times before I got to the outskirts of the Forest Biome from the Scribble City North Gates. This meant that there is approximately 150 m between the outskirts of the North Scribble Forest and the Scribble City North Gates. I knew because I traveled in a straight line with my maximum transfer distance of 10 m.

As I had previously encountered the Horned Rabbits before, I knew exactly where to look. Complete darkness enveloped the night as the clouds covered the moon. Tonight, the hunt begins!

The rabbits were naturally very perceptive, but I was very fast with my Half-Shadow state. Transferring myself through the shadows, I immediately killed a Horned Rabbit with my dagger. Surprisingly, the other Horned rabbits detected this and immediately ran away. I could only kill another one before they got out of my 10 m range.

Helpless, I could only hunt the remaining 8 slowly. It took me hours before I got them all. Naturally, I properly killed them all with one hit and drained their blood. This left all the Rabbits' corpses in quite good conditions.

Hunting all these rabbits reminded me of a video I saw in my past life: last of us rabbit shot by arrow twitch clip - cutest f*cking thing ive ever seen. Nonetheless, I still killed them. I had to. All in order to survive.

It was already midnight when I returned. After submitting my report to Briele at the Guild Library and delivering the 10 Rabbits to Tommy at the Scribble Plaza, I was ready to sleep.

-Shakeen's Journal, Day 1.

Hi there...

My name is Reciful 'Innocent Malice' I'll be the one Evaluating "Rabbit meat hunting" Report only.

Thank you for Helping Mister Tommy gather some Rabbit meat. He really Appreciate your help~

Here's your Reward!

Good day & till next time...*Bows*

Rewards
Exp: 75Money: 35(45) GOther: 5× juicy Rabbit meat Skewer

OCC: I'm not sure cuz I forgot the rule again, but I think you must post only one quest a time... I mean no multiple quest in a single post i think?... But oh well its all right!!! XD

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
Quest Report - verified

Leaving the guild after talking with the receptionist - Letianna - for a few minutes, Liana decided she would do one more quest before returning back to the house. Going to the quest board, she looked at what other paintings in the city Lord Eugene Rosenthal wanted, and saw one she thought he might appreciate - with what she had in mind.
Objectives
Rewards
Getting the art supplies from a guild receptionist, Liana began looking for Freja Haljissen - hoping she'd be at the quest board. Waiting there for about ten minutes, Liana eventually saw Freja arrive and so went over to her with a gentle smile on her face.

"Miss Haljissen! Good morning!" She approached her and bowed in greeting.

"Liana?" Freja responded with a somewhat surprised look on her face. "It's not often I see you here in the morning. Why the change?"

Smiling awkwardly, Liana waved the quest slip and art supplies in her hand then pointed at the quest on the board, "I wanted to do some quests to soothe my mind and so took on Lord Rosenthal's painting one."

Freja read the quest description and faintly smiled, "I see...That really does suit his character." She then turned to Liana, "Have you thought of what you're going to paint?"

Liana looked a little embarrassed as she awkwardly smiled, "Actually...I was wondering if you'd be willing to let me paint a portrait of you, Freja....what with recent events being as they were. Ah! Never mind, I understand that doing such a thing must make you feel uncomfortable!"

"Wait, Liana!" The female elf grabbed onto the young woman's shoulder in a bid to stop her from leaving, "It wouldn't make me feel uncomfortable. If anything, I'd be flattered to have a portrait done."

"Really?" Liana showed surprise before revealing a relieved smile.

Freja nodded with a faint smile, "I haven't taken any quests today yet, why not come back to my house so you can paint me in a relaxing environment?" She motioned at the direction to her house.

"If you're willing, Miss Haljissen!"

"I am."

The two then left the quest board area and headed for the female elf's house.
Entering Freja's house, Liana observed how neat the place looked - with several vases of flowers decorating each room. Arriving in the living room, Freja motioned for Liana to take a seat while she moved some of the vases of flowers to the side due to them blocking her line of sight.

"There's so many flowers! They look gorgeous!" Liana said in admiration.

The female elf smiled faintly, "They were a gift from a friend." Her eyes showed hints of happiness as her cheeks were tinted the faintly with a blush. She then looked at Liana, "Is there a particular position you wish for me to be in?"

Coming back to her task at hand, Liana smiled and responded, "Ah, if you could just sit down and look slightly to the side, then that will be all you need to do."

"Very well."

Freja sat opposite Liana in a chair surrounded by vases of flowers - the sun shone through the nearby window creating a warm glow on the female elf. Liana took in the scene and made sure to memorise it as she set up her easel and chose the paints and brushes she'd use for the painting. Coming up with what she wanted to show in the painting, she focused on the canvas and zoned out her surroundings - except for her art subject and her artwork. Freja knew better than to distract the young woman who was seriously working on her quest and so decided to meditate on her life.

After a few hours, the sun was about half an hour away from reaching its zenith and Liana put down her brush to examine her work. Noticing the young woman's movements, Freja took this opportunity to speak, "Do you wish to take a break? It's almost noon and I recall Hejlikka mentioning how you didn't do well at such times."

Liana looked up from her musings and smiled wryly, "Would that be okay with you, Miss Haljissen? I do not wish to intrude any more than I already have..."

"Nonsense. You have done much for me and I consider you a friend." She looked at Liana's tired figure and showed concern, "You look very tired...Sleep for a bit and I'll wake you up in a few hours."

Liana nodded, then shook her head as she thought about something, "Let me scrape off parts I need to change before the paint dries first."

"Okay." Freja got up from her chair and did some stretches for her stiff muscles, "While you do that, I'll start making some lunch. Want anything?"

Liana shook her head again while already beginning to scrape off some parts of the painting, "No, it's okay. I'm not hungry at the moment but thanks for the offer." She smiled gently at the female elf before returning to her work.

"That's fine. Just know my offer is open for the duration you're here." Freja then left the room and headed for her kitchen.

Finished with the scraping off, Liana could no longer keep her eyes open and so lay down on the sofa and fell asleep.

Liana woke up to Freja gently shaking her awake. Observing her surroundings, it seemed to be mid-afternoon. Thanking the female elf for waking her up, she motioned for her to sit back in the arranged position and then resumed her work on the painting.

After an hour, Liana felt she'd finished the painting and admired the artwork. Freja saw the young woman had finished and so made her way to have a peek at the finished product.

"...You seem to have embellished me in this portrait, Liana. I do not think I am as beautiful as you have portrayed."

Liana smiled gently, "You're too hard on yourself, Miss Haljissen. You are a very beautiful woman. If not, why would that receptionist from before deliberately reduce your rewards for that quest?"

Freja frowned a little at that before conceding, "...If you think so."

"I know so!" Liana responded enthusiastically with a bright smile.

"Mm..." Freja revealed a slight smile as she admired the painting some more. It showed the female elf sat regally on her chair with the sun glowing on her fair and flawless skin; her eyes showed serenity and wisdom as her face retained a stern, yet relaxed expression; the vases of flowers surrounding her accentuated her perfect features and brightened the whole painting.

After waiting for the painting to fully dry, Liana bid farewell to Freja before heading for the Rosenthal estate to deliver her artwork to Lord Eugene Rosenthal. Reaching the house, the usual butler - Bertram - arrived and guided her to the familiar reception room. An hour later, Lord Rosenthal arrived and was dumbstruck when he laid eyes upon the painting.

"..."

A little worried, Liana asked concernedly, "Is the painting not good enough, my lord?"

Roused from his reverie, the man replied, "Not good enough? My dear lady, if anything, this is a masterpiece! I absolutely love it! I'm actually a little hesitant to show it to others due to how much I like it." He blushed as he couldn't take his eyes off the portrait - a permanent satisfied smile plastered on his face.

"I see. Then, I am glad I have made something you approve of, my lord." Liana smiled gently.

"Ah! I almost forgot to give you the signed note as thanks!" He quickly wrote his note and flamboyantly signed it before handing it to Liana, "I am truly thankful for this art piece. Know that I will absolutely treasure it with all of my heart."

"I thank you for your praise, my lord." Liana bowed before she was escorted out of the house by the Lord.

Leaving the estate, Liana made her way to the guild and wrote up her report.
After handing in her report, Liana pondered over her food situation once again as she waited for the receptionist to evaluate it.

X

Last edited:

Alma

> > >

Hello? I just arrived and I'm lost! [SC0001]
  • Sponsor: Adventurer's Guild
  • Required Level: 1
Objectives:
  • Figure out where the heck you are.
  • Locate the Adventurer's Guild.
  • Survive your first day.
Arriving in a brand new world always comes with culture shock.
Come visit the Adventurer's Guild! We're experts on dealing with Otherworlders.
If we can't answer your questions, at least we can point you in the right direction!
You'll definitely survive your first day without a problem... probably!
Rewards:
  • Money: n/a
  • Other: n/a
> > >

Was it fate, for her to meet Ramza once again? He was youthful, far more younger compared to the others. Agrias and Mustadio had their white hair and wrinkles in their skin. But, Ramza did not seem to age past the last time she met him.

Ramza told her what happened after they separated. How he had thrown all the stones in his possession, except the virgo stone to the deep sea, hoping that no one would be able to use them anymore. Though, if she had a say on that, it was foolhardy. That one Lucavi, Leviathan, was there until now, dooming the sailors who went through the sea it governed. Many times they had regrouped together to slay that one. But Leviathan was unique in that it had possessed fishes instead of humans to manifest into the world.

Though, outside of leviathan, there was no sighting of others. Hopefully, with the virgo zodiac stone in Ramza's hand, they wouldn't be able to revive their master. After that, Ramza told her about this new world. As it was, he felt too unmotivated to continue to fight as adventurers. He had devoted himself as a healer before he went to this world, and after that brief period of adventure, he returned to be a healer.

Ramza told her to visit him occassionally in the future. Saying goodbye, Reis left and went to the adventurer guild.

Quest Report:
Ramza told me that this is the adventurer guild. This is a world called Tonia and that she was in the scribel city. For today's survival, Ramza had gifted her 70G and a few rations. He had also recommended the tavern he was staying to her if she needed to.

Last edited:

Reciful

APPRAISED

Shepherding Sheep [SC0305]
  • Required Level: 3
Objectives:
  • Take a flock of sheep out to graze.
  • Protect the sheep from getting eaten by any monsters.
  • Note: There is a penalty for losing sheep.
Shepherding sheep might sound like a simple task. However, monsters are everywhere in the world of Tonia! Can you protect the flock without losing a lamb? Rewards:
  • Money: 14 G
  • Othe

Character: Reciful 'Innocent Malice'
Lvl: 5 Rank E
Class: Villainess
Race: Children of Chaos

Quest name: Shepherding Sheep

Quest Report:

A try being a Shepard today... Its quite fun & peaceful actually. I think I enjoy being a simple Shepard Surprisingly. But it also hard at the same time, the sheep almost never listened to me until some wild wolf & monster insect who always terrorized the farm attack them.

4 of the sheep almost die but don't worry they somehow survive I have a spare lesser Healing potion stored in my personal shadow storage, I also Practiced My Black magic on the assailant while also protecting them helping me understand the nature of My current skills.

Anyway after seeing me Kill & Devoured the wolf & Insect monsters, who threatened their life. They somehow became more docile at following My command entirely throughout the day.... I think they obey me too much? But maybe its just My Imagination~... Oh well

And thats all what happene then the day ends... Report end.

Last edited:

Alma

> > >

Making a Friend™ [SC0003]
Objectives:
  • Find somebody you can actually talk to without punching a friend!
  • Discover the wonderful magic of friendship! :blob_happy:
It's tough to be stuck in a strange universe far away from home.
It's even tougher if you're here without anybody you know.
Make a friend, and maybe things will get easier? :sweating_profusely:
Rewards:
> > >
The next thing Ramza said she had to do was to complete the tutorial quests. Since lodging would be secured later, and food had already been secured for a few days, she looked at the next item. Apparently, there was a quest to make a friend. Could she claim that ramza was her friend? What should she establish first...

Quest Report:
I have a friend named Ramza. We had known each other before we went to this world as I was a soldier in his command. When I arrived, Ramza noticed me an then asked if my name was Reis. I recognized him as Ramza did not seem to age past the time they last meet. Apparently, for him the time passed since he was separated from the group was only two years. But, for me it had been fifty years since then. We talked about how others doing back then, before he suggested to me to join the adventurer guild. As for easier things, well... He gave me some money and rations before we left.

Last edited:

Alma

> > >

Please Don't Starve (Together) [SC0002]
Objectives:
  • Find food.
  • Hope it is safe to eat.
  • Don't get diarrhea.
Have you ever wondered?
A cthulhu walks into the market and purchases a mysterious meat from a lizardman butcher.
Is it edible? Can you eat it? Will you die if you nibble on a piece?
I hope you're not too hungry...
Rewards:
> > >

In front of the receptionist, Reis showed the food she got from Ramza. After that, she took a bite. How nostalgic. It was the ration of old, that he made. She hadn't taste it since ramza left their group.

Quest report:
I can guarantee his recipe. In the three months I journeyed with him, I had tasted his cooking and none of them had gave her a diarrhea. Though, the taste of his cooking in the past was not as delicious as the current one. For diarrhea... I think the chance is low. I previously never had this, though I wondered if the difference in physiology between me and other human was the cause of this.

Last edited:

Alma

> > >
Um, where can I get a toothbrush? [SC0004]
Objectives:
  • Realize that you are unable to maintain a routine from your old life.
  • Find a solution to get around it... or not.
The culture shock continues!
Do they sell bath soap here? Underwear?
What am I going to do without my quantum teleporter?
OMG, my mana-phone is going to run out of battery! :blob_upset:
Rewards:
> > >
For the next quest, Ramza said she just need to regurgitate the information he had. Therefore, she wrote it down.

Quest Report:
Ramza said that for soap, I can get it on the market. As for bath, the tavern that Ramza recommend has a bath. Though if I want to do it, I have to use a basin for the container, and move the water from the well to the basin herself. For underwear, well... he said that don't hope for any underwear. The tunic they sold in the market was the best quality available to the masses.

Quantum teleporter... if teleporter was defined as the a tool that allowed instanteous movement between one place to another without traversing the space inbetween, I can't engrave the spell formula to boots to allow that. I don't have knowledge in time magic discipline. If you want to ask, ask Ramza for he had mastered all the job himself up to the famed arithmetician (though I doubt it, since he could do it himself if he need to without the aid of tools, and that he never learned to be an enchanter). Anyway, I don't think I need this. Also, I don't understand what quantum means. So if I am wrong, sorry.

Mana phone. Another strange words. I know about mana. But what is a phone?

Last edited:

Alma

> > >

I'm not homeless, am I? [SC0005]
Objectives:
  • Find somewhere to sleep.
:blob_sleep::blob_sleep::blob_sleep::blob_sleep::blob_sleep::blob_sleep::blob_sleep:
Rewards:
> > >

after the submission of the latest quest, Reis went to the tavern. There, she rented a room for 5G and returned to the adventurer guild.

Quest report:
I have rented a room in the tavern.

Last edited:
Quest (Evaluated)

Demonic Boar Sighting??
Sponsor
: Scribel City Guild
Required Level: 6
Objectives:
  • Read this quest report.
  • Report any sightings of a giant demonic boar.
  • Update: Demonic something sighted (source), as well as a "strong beast" (source)
  • Demonic beasts (boards & bear) in city guard exam (source)
Description: A powerful demonic boar(??) was reportedly sighted in the forest. Have there been any further sightings?
Rewards:
  • EXP: 275
  • Money: 30G

The journey to Gelderholm was dull, Zorion and Carah made their way north at a steady pace. Taking advantage of his knowledge of traveling in woodlands, they avoided many dangerous beasts.

During the journey, Zorion dove deep into his Elemental Basics Tome, it might have been due to his body, but it turns out he was quiet good at water and wind magic. Originally, he thought magic was altogether too bothersome to learn, so he stopped at the first half of the book.

He knew of moving earth, making breeze, generating water and small flames, but he had stopped there. The second part of the tome, he imagined would be too hard.

Then during the journey, he had found that it was only true to darkness, earth and fire, the spell for fireball and earthen spike was difficult to master, but flare, Ice lance and wind cutter, came to him like fish to water.

Even so the most important thing was controlling his new spell, the Maelstrom of Bacon. Controlling the area of effect and intensity took some doing. But fortunately, the concept of a Maelstrom related closely to wind and water, and eventually, Zorion made the spell his own.

One evening, while breaking for camp, he tried something new, he activated a smaller version of the spell, six of seven pieces of bacon twirled in a miniature storm in his hand. The wind created was not made from wind magic, it was created by the movements of the bacon! It was the bacon momentum that created the air current! An amazing discovery!

When the maelstrom settled down, the bacon landed in his hand.

Greasy.

He then cooked the bacon. Holding the crispy meat in his hand, he examined it closely and looked at Carah.

“It looks like bacon… it smells like bacon," and after a bite, “ it even tastes like bacon, but…”

He raised an eyebrow, “what is it?”

It was then, Zorion noticed a pair of red eyes peering at him from the darkness, he remembered that report, that subsequent quest: “Demonic Boar Sighting”.

It was the bacon. He should not have been summoning bacon in the woods!

Reflexively, he sent an intense whirlwind of bacon towards the creature. The maelstrom left a trail of shredded grass and shrubbery as it pounded into whatever was prowling in the dark.

He had to act quickly, if the report is true the Demonic boar would charge any moment. He shielded his eyes and sent a series of magic flares into the woods to blind the creature.

With swift moments Zorion found the boar where the boar was sent flying… it was stumbling, blind, but it was not sporting a fight it was eating, fumbling around looking for bacon...

Like the report said, ‘true to its instinct’. Before the demonic boar noticed his presence, Zorion launch an icicle and impaled the boar’s head.

Examining the body of the dead boar, it was certainly larger than a regular boar, a little smaller than a horse.

Is this the creature others hand seen? Are there bigger demonic boars?

He did not know, he bled the creature butchered the meat, and took its hide, and magic core.

Zorion made sure not to summon more bacon on his journey. But he started to undertand te bacon must have been made of mana, considering the diet of the demonic boar.

Once in Gelderholm adventurer’s guild, he brought in the proof and the report.

Last edited: