Adventurer's Guild Adventurer's Guild - OOC Room

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
Are you placing Mertis Village as part of the empire or no?

Originally I had somewhat conceptualized the Empire as stuck west of the Black Mountain range -- and also there is a whole series of various independent human kingdoms / areas east of the Black Mountain range (north of the crossroads).

So I'm trying to conceptualize exactly where to place it.

Unless we want to say that some of the Eastern human kingdoms are affiliated with the Holy Human Empire?
I mean...an empire is more than one country ruled by one country.
'-'

X

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
Are you placing Mertis Village as part of the empire or no?

Originally I had somewhat conceptualized the Empire as stuck west of the Black Mountain range -- and also there is a whole series of various independent human kingdoms / areas east of the Black Mountain range (north of the crossroads).

So I'm trying to conceptualize exactly where to place it.

Unless we want to say that some of the Eastern human kingdoms are affiliated with the Holy Human Empire?
Let say it was a rural village at the border of the Holy Human Empire, and that it stationed right beside the mountain range ( at its east ), with just a tiny pathway connected both sides of the mountain range together?

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
I mean...an empire is more than one country ruled by one country.
'-'

X
We can do the Holy Roman Empire style where everything super-fragmented and discontinuous :blob_happy: :blob_happy: :blob_happy:

Let say it was a rural village at the border of the Holy Human Empire, and that it stationed right beside the mountain range ( at its east ), with just a tiny pathway connected both sides of the mountain range together?
Sure! Although is it part of the empire or no?

Because surely it isn't an independent village on the border -- because obviously the empire would just immediately annex / invade it.

So it either belongs to another kingdom or it belongs to the empire.

Epsil

Sounds good. They don't sound like they're officially part of the empire, but maybe the empire thinks they are 'part of the empire' for 'tsxation purposes'

(Haven't read the report yet, So I don't know if I'm writing drivel

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
... Looking back at Solet' Luna, I have no idea why they ended up becoming this tragic of a character... :blob_no:

At first, they were supposed to be simply the badass Luna gaining divinity and becoming a super-strong mage... But, somehow, along the way, they became a downcast, somewhat-insane, and a tragic-magnet with huge backstory and despair looming over...

I wondered where it all went wrong, or right?

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪

We can do the Holy Roman Empire style where everything super-fragmented and discontinuous :blob_happy: :blob_happy: :blob_happy:

Because surely it isn't an independent village on the border -- because obviously the empire would just immediately annex / invade it.

Another option is to make the village part of a vassal state.

Assuming that the vassal state isn't immediately connected to the Holy Human Empire.

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer

They should be under the control of the empire, but the empire would not care much about a tiny village. More of a 'HHE in name'

rural village at the border of the Holy Human Empire
In my mind it was a Mansion built into the mountain with a beautiful lake around it. and the village expands from the mansion, as if the village was built for the mansion rather that the other way around.... BUT I wasn't there so that's not canon.

IT was the pirates. 100%

Epsil

... Looking back at Solet' Luna, I have no idea why they ended up becoming this tragic of a character... :blob_no:

At first, they were supposed to be simply the badass Luna gaining divinity and becoming a super-strong mage... But, somehow, along the way, they became a downcast, somewhat-insane, and a tragic-magnet with huge backstory and despair looming over...

I still think they're badass.

Leegood

Leti: :blob_nom::blob_nom::blob_nom:

Alma

It's half exp if I want to retire my character and create a new one, right?

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
They should be under the control of the empire, but the empire would not care much about a tiny village. More of a 'HHE in name'
Hmm... fair enough, although I would personally never world-build this way because I find it somewhat implausible.

Realistically you almost never get loose affiliations like these, since only a terrible empire would be so lax to just forget about collecting taxes like that. On the contrary, more often you have neighboring powers fighting to the death over worthless strips of land.

Furthermore, if there's a count who lives there -- automatically it's not a "small village" anymore.

By definition in a feudal system, a count is subservient to their liege, which means that they should be part of a larger structure. The only real options are that the count is sworn to the Holy Human Empire or an alternative human kingdom/state.

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer
In my mind it was a Mansion built into the mountain with a beautiful lake around it. and the village expands from the mansion, as if the village was built for the mansion rather that the other way around.... BUT I wasn't there so that's not canon.
For my head-canon, the village became the nobles' favourite spot due to its beautiful scenery and peaceful environment. It's why many nobles lived there, so much that Red Count could organize a Dance Party every so often.

Nahrenne

I'm making orpheus do a slime subjagation quest soon, after his healing herbs one. Any chance Okarin can mark his slime subjagation?? :blob_aww::blob_aww:
Wouldn't that make Okarin even more suicidal?
'-'

X

Nahrenne

For my head-canon, the village became the nobles' favourite spot due to its beautiful scenery and peaceful environment. It's why many nobles lived there, so much that Rec Count could organize a Dance Party every so often.
So, a bit like Ordis, the city of nobles in Trails of Cold Steel 3?
'-'

X

Nahrenne

Hmm... fair enough, although I would personally never world-build this way because I find it somewhat implausible.

Realistically you almost never get loose affiliations like these, since only a terrible empire would be so lax to just forget about collecting taxes like that. On the contrary, more often you have neighboring powers fighting to the death over worthless strips of land.

Furthermore, if there's a count who lives there -- automatically it's not a "small village" anymore.

By definition in a feudal system, a count is subservient to their liege, which means that they should be part of a larger structure. The only real options are that the count is sworn to the Holy Human Empire or an alternative human kingdom/state.
Maybe like the Commonwealth?
|.o)

X