What is your Gem of a novel on this site ?

Polarize4777

I have look through a lot of novels on this site, and some are definitely gem quality in term of writing and narrative. The only sad thing about novels written by strangers on this site is that they either go on long enough to become boring or just lost focus or they are short but have great potentials and suddenly stop when it was just getting good. I am using this thread to help me find what people are reading and maybe give it a try if it is up my alley. Scribble hub is also populated with a lot of GB novels and I don't mind those as long as they have a fun plot with an engaging narrative. Isekai is also up my alley as long as it is not just pure wish fulfillment and actually have some depth in term of world building. Have fun sharing your gems, and maybe meet new friends or old acquaintances as you share what you consider a great read on this site or maybe other site if you wish to share. Have a great day or night to those who participate and may we all come out with something new to read!!!

Edit: share it if it was enjoyable and you had a blast or pleasure from reading it and anticipating an update everyday. As for quality lol, I will judge that myself when I go check out what you have share and that will be kept to myself since I don't want to just tell those who enjoy it that it was not my cup of tea.

Last edited:

Assurbanipal_II

Empress of the Four Corners of the World
I have look through a lot of novels on this site, and some are definitely gem quality in term of writing and narrative. The only sad thing about novels written by strangers on this site is that they either go on long enough to become boring or just lost focus or they are short but have great potentials and suddenly stop when it was just getting good. I am using this thread to help me find what people are reading and maybe give it a try if it is up my alley. Scribble hub is also populated with a lot of GB novels and I don't mind those as long as they have a fun plot with an engaging narrative. Isekai is also up my alley as long as it is not just pure wish fulfillment and actually have some depth in term of world building. Have fun sharing your gems, and maybe meet new friends or old acquaintances as you share what you consider a great read on this site or maybe other site if you wish to share. Have a great day or night to those who participate and may we all come out with something new to read!!!

Your standards are too high then. Readers are such an ungrateful lot. :blob_pout: Not enough, then it is too short. Too long, then it becomes boring.

Polarize4777

Your standards are too high then. Readers are such an ungrateful lot. :blob_pout: Not enough, then it is too short. Too long, then it becomes boring.
Feel free to share lol, it is not my standard you should measure your gem of a novel by instead it should be how much entertainment values you got out of it and would like to share with me or others on this thread. I am just kind of picky, but I do read wish fulfillment novel here and there since they are usually fun read with weird concepts.

Moctemma

Learning about this writing stuff
This one is my current favorite.
https://www.scribblehub.com/series/85772/bully-girl/

There are other promising ones, but it's too soon as they're just on chapter nine and five. Of those, I think this one will become a favorite of mine.
https://www.scribblehub.com/series/92154/hazel--the-villainess-who-refused-to-participate/

Honorable mention to an ex-favorite of mine. I still love the story, but other stories had taken its place in my top three.
https://www.scribblehub.com/series/109832/glints-saga-papillon--the-story-of-an-exmagical-girl/

Polarize4777

For me one of the best novels on this site is "If you desire peace, prepare for war – Si vis pacem para bellum".
It was a good fanfiction :giggle:.
Definitely have a pretty funny introduction to the first chapter lol. I will set it into check out later tag and maybe take a look when I have the time to do so. Thanks for participating!!

Polarize4777

This one is my current favorite.
https://www.scribblehub.com/series/85772/bully-girl/

There are other promising ones, but it's too soon as they're just on chapter nine and five. Of those, I think this one will become a favorite of mine.
https://www.scribblehub.com/series/92154/hazel--the-villainess-who-refused-to-participate/

Honorable mention to an ex-favorite of mine. I still love the story, but other stories had taken it's place in my top three.
https://www.scribblehub.com/series/109832/glints-saga-papillon--the-story-of-an-exmagical-girl/
You got some spicy picks and yeah your current favorite is also on my reading list :D

D

Deleted member 19049

So out of touch I don't know what a 'GB novel' is. :P

But I don't really read because a lot of stuff ends up being too similar. Every Isekai is the same, and so many people use this weird game-like system for the world, which is a huge turn off for me.

I think it comes from the fact that someone has their own little twist on a popular genre, maybe a unique power or something, but they have no end goal. They don't quite know where the story is going besides a few bullet points in their head. That's how it seems, anyway. Plus I see a lot of them being updated regularly. That's not a bad thing, of course, but it leaves less time to properly draft and thoroughly plan things. I'd rather have an inconsistent schedule if it meant things were thought out well and of higher quality.

In terms of Isekai, too many of them are power fantasies for my liking. I have one in the works though. It's a more personal story, a trilogy about a guy who goes from our world to a fantasy world and encounters a villain who seeks knowledge to bring his dead family back. The problem is that he goes too far, dragging the main character into a conflict, or people are going to start dying.

Also, don't lower your standards. Having high standards is a good thing, it forces writers to be better.

Polarize4777

One of my old favorite fun lewd read was A goblin's evolution, and I am sad that it has not update and the author still haven't updated her status on what is going on with it. A fun and interesting read so give it a try and have fun!!

Polarize4777

So out of touch I don't know what a 'GB novel' is. :P

But I don't really read because a lot of stuff ends up being too similar. Every Isekai is the same, and so many people use this weird game-like system for the world, which is a huge turn off for me.

I think it comes from the fact that someone has their own little twist on a popular genre, maybe a unique power or something, but they have no end goal. They don't quite know where the story is going besides a few bullet points in their head. That's how it seems, anyway. Plus I see a lot of them being updated regularly. That's not a bad thing, of course, but it leaves less time to properly draft and thoroughly plan things. I'd rather have an inconsistent schedule if it meant things were thought out well and of higher quality.

In terms of Isekai, too many of them are power fantasies for my liking. I have one in the works though. It's a more personal story, a trilogy about a guy who goes from our world to a fantasy world and encounters a villain who seeks knowledge to bring his dead family back. The problem is that he goes too far, dragging the main character into a conflict, or people are going to start dying.

Also, don't lower your standards. Having high standards is a good thing, it forces writers to be better.

I feel you there with the power fantasies and a story not having an ending planed out lol, but i will respect that not everyone like to sit down and thoroughly think about a novel when they are still new to the craft and therefore just wish to write a story for themselves. That is also why i shift through a lot of new stories looking for ones that have potentials and just wait it out till they have decent amount of chapters. Message me when you do write your story lol, I will check it out and give you my thoughts if you would like that. I have also planned to write a story of my own, but have been brainstorming for ideas and building my world with some form of concrete rules that anchor everyone that exist in that world. It will probably involve magic and science since both of those are a great combination together, it will just be a pain in the ass to do all the researching and keeping tracks of everything that is moving. Also have to take some time to think of a good ending or end goal of the story.

Darkwood

Polarize4777

Can't wait to see if those lurking in the dark are gonna come out to give some recommendation or just drop by with a Hi and goodbye lol. I see you guys lurking, come join the party and share your thoughts.

JayDirex

Generis talking about all the isekai/ gamer system type of stories. Hey, people write em because they're popular. Even the most poorly written ones are popular, but I digress ;)

SASHA is one of those hidden gems on Scribble Hub that's not about either isekai or gaming ^_^

Polarize4777

Generis talking about all the isekai/ gamer system type of stories. Hey, people write em because they're popular. Even the most poorly written ones are popular, but I digress ;)

SASHA is one of those hidden gems on Scribble Hub that's not about either isekai or gaming ^_^

Thanks for stopping by and giving a recommendation :D