Can't/Don't Understand The Trending Algorithm

D4isuke

Depressed Pervert who loves writing good smut.
This might be a little rant of me from the trending tab, and I don't have a problem regarding the stories who got trending even newly-published, but what in the earth does trending works? I don't understand, and I envied the new authors who got suddenly hit the trending even if it's their fresh day to begin their career. I don't care if you got lucky or such, but what the freek is going on? When the work had hit the trending tab, you'll get much exposure for it. I really want to ignore this kind of issue, but my mind forced me to do so. It's like my work is kinda dead for some reason, or I don't know if my content isn't worth much to work for.

I know it sounds selfish, but this is just my subjective message...

I just need some specific reason how to get to trending REGARDLESS the lucky reason.

Enlighten me and my mind.

Moctemma

Learning about this writing stuff
I forgot, there's other parameters aside from views that are more relevant, like readers; so if your readers, favorites and comments increase, you're more likely to appear on trending, even though your views dropped.
This is what I posted on another thread.

Goswick

Drunken Australian
This might be a little rant of me from the trending tab, and I don't have a problem regarding the stories who got trending even newly-published, but what in the earth does trending works? I don't understand, and I envied the new authors who got suddenly hit the trending even if it's their fresh day to begin their career. I don't care if you got lucky or such, but what the freek is going on? When the work had hit the trending tab, you'll get much exposure for it. I really want to ignore this kind of issue, but my mind forced me to do so. It's like my work is kinda dead for some reason, or I don't know if my content isn't worth much to work for.

I know it sounds selfish, but this is just my subjective message...

I just need some specific reason how to get to trending REGARDLESS the lucky reason.

Enlighten me and my mind.
If anybody had a specific reason for how to get on trending, it'd probably be much harder for people to get on trending lmao.

That being said, I think things like favourites and comments probably do have a large part to do with it, but idk.

Moshi

in what thread?
you can click on the quote to go to the relevant thread:

ForestDweller

Trending is biased to favor new stories so that they would get more exposure.

And trending is also about having a significant increase in your statistics. So if your story only has an average, middling participation stats with barely any growth, you'll never get to it.

NCKZMA

A cool cover art, interesting name, and an interesting synopsis works pretty well

Sophine

My work got put on trending today and all that I really know is that I've been posting regularly, and getting a lot of positive feedback for the things I've written. Compared to some stories, I have twice as many favourites as I do readers, plus a lot more compared to others with the same numbers of chapters written.
It feels, to me, like it literally does what it says. If your work is getting a lot of positive feedback then you'll trend.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Think the algorithm will ever let a one-star story onto the trending page?

Assurbanipal_II

Empress of the Four Corners of the World
Ít is all relative, all relative. :blob_hug:

And, no, new stories are not necessarily favoured. They are effectively, but only if you don't know how the system works and how to game it accordingly.

Assurbanipal_II

Empress of the Four Corners of the World
1593509313683.png

A Goblin’s Evolution - statistics

The story is quite an old one by now. First published October 1st 2019. Nevertheless, the story conquered the first place on the trending page with ease.

binarysoap

Currently Lurking
Trending is meant to be not understandable, since Tony felt people were trying too hard to "game" the system.

If you realize how it works, please tell us so Tony can change it again.

If you really want a general idea though, just look at what the trending system was, and it's probably a good estimate, which is basically an aggregate of readers/comments/views/etc. that determines your trending score, and the highest ones get placed on top.