Site etiquette question

ZoeStorm

Hello everyone! I've just today registered for this site, and I wanted to ask a question regarding posting etiquette.

I have a few stories I've been posting on another site; most are completed, one is not, but I still would like to post them all over here. We're talking about like fifty chapters total.

The question is: how much should I space them out? I don't want to overfill the "new stories" section with what I posted and force other stories off the front page if I can help it, so I was planning on posting one full story every two or three days, until I've posted everything. Would that be good enough? Or should I space them further?

Thanks!

Moonpearl

The Yuri Empress
I think (not entirely 100% sure) that batch releases actually stack in the "Latest Updates" section, so you would only show up once per story when you add them at the same time.

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
I think (not entirely 100% sure) that batch releases actually stack in the "Latest Updates" section, so you would only show up once per story when you add them at the same time.
I think it’s more an issue of kicking out new stories of the ‘New Story’ section.
Two to three days should be okay. Though you could ping Tony for this, he could just exclude your story from this section ( if you can do without the exposure)

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
Hello everyone! I've just today registered for this site, and I wanted to ask a question regarding posting etiquette.

I have a few stories I've been posting on another site; most are completed, one is not, but I still would like to post them all over here. We're talking about like fifty chapters total.

The question is: how much should I space them out? I don't want to overfill the "new stories" section with what I posted and force other stories off the front page if I can help it, so I was planning on posting one full story every two or three days, until I've posted everything. Would that be good enough? Or should I space them further?

Thanks!
Drop them like hotcakes, fam. Dont worry about everyone else. Fuck em. I would release a chapter every hour tho if you want to gain readers. Just to make sure they are seen throughout the day. Otherwise batch release to your heart's content

ZoeStorm

I think it’s more an issue of kicking out new stories of the ‘New Story’ section.

Yeah, this is my concern. My stories are no more deserving of exposure than other authors', so I don't want to take up more space than I have to.

Though I'm a sucker for exposure, so I think I'll go with the "one story every two-three days" plan. Thanks!

Alienix

Welcome Zoe. If u stock a lot, it is better to update every hour. U can play the schedule update. It is at the top right. In the publish, there is a word immediately iirc. U can change it

Rellawing

Optimistic Kitten
@OfficiallyZoe Hiya Zoe! It isn't so much about etiquette as about what will get your story read.

So, in this situation you're going to want to post your story on an every two days basis, probably. One chapter per unless your story is immediately popular. If it isn't then maybe your story is a sleeper that will build momentum over time. The 2 day release model suits these best.

If you do hit it big, then you can consider uploading a few extra to see how it impacts your stats, nya! <3

The stats reset a few minutes from now and an hour ago (several increments) so posting after these resets maximize your growth during the following 24 hour period. <3

SwirlyUnicorn

vous me voyez
Drop them like hotcakes, fam. Dont worry about everyone else. Fuck em. I would release a chapter every hour tho if you want to gain readers. Just to make sure they are seen throughout the day. Otherwise batch release to your heart's content

I think I'm in the mood for hotcakes now

TRNRLogan

Honestly I hate batch release stories. They tend to quickly run out of chapters, or be difficult to catch up on, or burn out. Releasing 1 a day shows dedication and in the long term is easy to manage. Plus new readers won't feel like they can't catch up.

Rellawing

Optimistic Kitten
Sometimes, posting one per day can be demanding. Ask yourself whether or not your demographic are binge readers or slower readers. There's a few types on any site, I've found, nya! <3 If you rush it too much and go beyond what you're comfortable with, it just leads to a burnout. *purrs* A friend of mine posts only when he produces what he considers to be a high quality chapter, which isn't a scheduled or a predictable basis.

Nya, in conclusion, don't overdo it. Just stay within your comfort zone, though pushing it a little can be good because that leads to self-improvement and sometimes motivation, too! *purrrrs*

ChronicleCrawler

♠ItCrawls♠

Thanks!
I like the idea of every three days. Anyway, as long as you make it consistent and keep the quality good. Readers such as me will keep flocking whatever your release it. Anyway, I would love it if it has a nice cover. Something that would make it have some identity.

Last edited:

Darkwood

Thanks!
Don't know if it has already been mentioned, but only the most recent chapter on a novel shows up in the latest chapter section, so bomb away if you want. Though I would advise spacing them out if you want more people to read, it gives people more chance to see your work.
As for filling up the new novel section, most only stay on it for less than a day anyway, it doesn't really matter.