Non-standard Monsters

PieCoNsUmEr

The Fisher Dragun
I like dragons, I somewhat like goblins, magic wolves are rad, but I kinda want some variety with my monsters.

Think up some.

I like dragons, I somewhat like goblins, magic wolves are rad, but I kinda want some variety with my monsters.
What level of lethality...

Had a brainstorm session once and we came up with thread mimics. small worm-like monsters that are and weak and fragile as threads, but they infiltrate spindles by replacing a section of the thread with themselves then get made into items,

Either they slowly grow and replicate turning your whole shirt into thread mimics, and then devour you...

OR

they are a single thread in your pillowcase and crawl inside you as you sleep. :sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely:

*shudder*

PieCoNsUmEr

The Fisher Dragun
The Golmro a race of insectiod creatures that usually travel in groups of four. On top are the breeding pair, the biggest and strongest of the group, and also the only fertile ones. Next is the carrier, they and the cleaner are young the breeding pair catches, and the female injects them with a compound that activates dormant genes all Golmro have until they’re 2 years old, they carry eggs and food, are infertile. Last is the cleaner, same story as carrier, but cleaners are injected by males, they are treated a tiny bit worse than carriers, they clean the breeding pair, carrier, and eggs, are infertile.

Breeding pair looks: Both the males and females look about the same, and are about the same size (look up shire horse and subtract should height by about 0.6 meters then that’s their size.). Their coloring is rusty-brown with sharp indigo patterns.

Carrier looks: compared to the breeding pair they’re scaled about 2:1.65 and have a stockier wider body. Their color is the same but faded.

Cleaner looks: about 1.5 meters long and 0.55 meters tall on average, built a bit more spindly and carefully than other Golmro. Their front limbs have many hairs on them, and their middle limbs are a bit longer than the rest and have hairs on their ends. Their color is the same but faded.

DreamOfRen

Polymorphic creatures that extend or grow / shrink. I believe them to be the hardest to fight against.

Blackout

Worshipper of Chin Chin the Dark Lord
go download 5e Bestiary in your mobile appstore. they have loads of idea

OneRanter

Southern Unorthodox MaskMaker

Think up some.
How about flying cockroaches?

You could use Dropbears (those are memes just in case) or pick any australian critter for that matter.

Another option is to throw a die and check the folklore of some random faraway place(here, have a tottally unbiased random place <3). The world is big, and mainstream media is not done with the leyends of every corner.

TRNRLogan

How about flying cockroaches?

You could use Dropbears (those are memes just in case) or pick any australian critter for that matter.

Another option is to throw a die and check the folklore of some random faraway place(here, have a tottally unbiased random place <3). The world is big, and mainstream media is not done with the leyends of every corner.
I believe the Drop Bears went extinct this year during the forest fires (yes that was this year) along with the Bunyips. It was very sad.

jabathehut

Resident Troll

Think up some.
A giant mushroom that releases spores that causes everyone to attack eachother
Big fuckin firebreathing turtle (not like world turtle big)
hivemind
possessed fishman that tries to sacrifice you to his leviathan watergod

jabathehut

Resident Troll

Had a brainstorm session once and we came up with thread mimics. small worm-like monsters that are and weak and fragile as threads, but they infiltrate spindles by replacing a section of the thread with themselves then get made into items,

Either they slowly grow and replicate turning your whole shirt into thread mimics, and then devour you...

OR

they are a single thread in your pillowcase and crawl inside you as you sleep. :sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely:

*shudder*
Honey, do you think that the pillow has become less comfortable lately?

I don't know, it just feels rougher sometimes. I wake up in the middle of the night. I swear its like it moves or something, its never under me when I wake up. Can you buy a new one for me?

I guess I can live with it for one more night.

Chaos_Sinner777

Imprisoned Soul Seeking Isekai
A writhing mass of flesh that generally takes a near humanoid form. It has high regenerative ability, and worse, the flesh mound isn't the main body. The main body is a fairly inconspicuous plant from which the fleshy monstrosity grows as a fruit. So even if you manage to kill it despite the regeneration, the plant part will just grow a new one within a day or so if you don't deal with it as well.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.

OR

*shudder*
I had a bad series of bed bugs. I hate you.

I would go with non-standards like techorganic creatures.

Not saying cyborgs, because we know that they mainly come from production lines.

More like creatures with the capability to fire off plasma, use mana circuitries to mimic effects like EMP, radioactivity (the deadly blue spark) or straight up microwave beam spam? Instead of the standard fire breath, ice breath, miasma breath.

For the EMP, it is more like when they are in a magicworld and that blast can disrupt or even break magical items, concentrations of mages bla bla bla.

Poleg

King of the birds and the fish.

Think up some.
Gecko like creatures that live long and lay 100 of eggs per breeding season. Also they can grow bigger than humans.