BL Reading Club! (M/m fiction) for Readers and Writers!

BL Events! Would you be interested in participating?

• Total voters

Queenfisher

Bird?
A dark and sinister spell, this one is...

I am summoning... EVERY BL writer from the main site!

AWAKEN, my fellow BL-ers!

@Owl @cissy_eden @jmitsitsiyo @crimson_carnation @Lost_Strings @yansusustories @Jolliapplegirl @ViviCris @Amarathia @Silvareiel @Afterdarkfish @I_Love_Cats @Waterrain @Ruyi @deathbydanmei @DogFood @luzu @RavenousAppetite @lesson101 @Leviathan @LauraSFox @tiaf @Nilphy @Nit_7_7 @BlackyRose @ars @DominiqueAd @MyLadyQueen @lazyredragon @Ginseng @FantasyDeath @Tinypandahero @upwardplane @HantaHanna @TLCsDestiny @Shellyrill @ohko @Metri26 @Lunnear @mrsimple @I_am_not_a_robot @Animestar411 @sucessor @ForeverPupa @LostinMovement @AngieOwlie @BlankBook @cecilly @KaPi @spiderlily86 @QingSe @xiaolong @thisworldofmine1 @MatchaMilk @Lon3ly @iamaducklingwriter @IshiiMichiko @RoseRogan @Ozmafia @bjwebb @Lulible @yiyuehua @Wretch @Hikaro @theflowerbed @UnattainableBlueRose @AlwaysxDreaming @Chaleuria @Elamimax @HJ @LucyPanDora @Haku @Danshi @Bunch_Munchy_Crap @Hoshiandme @kitkat2010 @Mayfire @BlaqkLotus @AutumnLeaves @5hehzada @bafflinghaze @Dekuwu321 @reika @Pandoraeh @Lukha @Xenoglossia @flowerie @namio @dandydanes @RaySizm @TruffleMashPotats @TingTang @Hoxrox @Altersaside @Aachiin0914 @skara @Ai-chan @Wesh @ShadyFamily @positiveaddictchan @Kldran @Geek_Aflame @Emiliine @RandomUser12321 @ShenTanHeng @silverkittie @Silverty @lovelymezzo @bloomone1 @wazi @nife999 @addison @Sheng_Ling @paputsza @selfsabotaged @CuddleGoblin @binarysoap @glowingreverie @Yakichou @featherquills @TrulyUnderstandablyConfused @XiaoBubbleMengXue @SerenaJones @lilGoat @WhiteMim @NotFar_YetNotClose @strawberryseason @verielle.crest @Velester @CheezyMayo @ElectronicStars @Seridy @cravingsoul @Staria @Ylle-QinMo @Infinitetree @brida96 @harukot @Polinsesi @osuoha @fujostea @This_Venerable_One @cutewinx @NefariousSage @Tomiki @TheIronTreeBlooms @Heart @BB8 @Sheepishlysleeping @Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy @KaraKuriKurari @SpitefulTofu @LingShan0218 @Ame-Tora @thirtytyrants @Fuku_Fuku @Yearafteryear @Lacrima @SoleilBlue_ @NomadicStardust @Midnight-Moon @Leverance @FaveloCzeist @TheInsaneWitch @Yuhannaxi @Luxican @FeelingsPuree @.Lance @lestragon @JustMe123456789 @XiaoNaYe @Serpham @GuangLanhua @DangerousFluffball @CeeRey_BL_Life @Gurukyuu @INUHim-SAMA @j.roro @Qwaile @shi0h @hime.quack @ThoughtsRoamGuy @Bender @MisokoFukumoto @OrchidBliss @Geoliza @Randomname @necrofficial @ScrapAuthorProducingScraps @Avatar_GenderBender @RJMidnight @xinde @LucyDarkness @Tamashitoana @cherry_boylove @LonelyAlien @aogurtt @CallMeAJ @Ozmafia @1426367856 @Blossom_From_Fear @DarkBirdo @Sphinxdroid @AdorableDumpling @malaysian_asian @AriaKang @Org @nanamisashiwa @Shin_hye @YINXUX @judeiiro @sunflower @red2angel @Zcythe @Gremory @QiangYueCaihongQYCH @Pink_Byeol @daydreambliss27 @duelsharks @iDrinkLatte @shiiro @ShiroEinzbern @calderetta @FavreMyOrange @DexterDarko @JBoston110 @The_Long_Serpent @heheawecomemana @Kalip

The reason I am summoning you? Is because I was thinking a lot about starting some kind of a BL-centered thread where we can promote each other and build a community. Due to @minacia 's recent survey poll about SH demographics, it turns out that BL is the most hated genre here on SH :blob_teary: . Therefore, we need to keep close and help each other promote ourselves, support our genre, or at least be a bit tighter as an official biggest niche community on SH ^^.

In short, I was thinking of one day starting something like an anthology event for BL shorts aka @Moonpearl 's Yuri Garden Anthology Events only for BL, obviously ^^. Short stories can promote and expand our reader and author base, so I think it might not be a bad idea? But to do that I wanted to fish for interest first -- are there enough active BL-members on this site? Do they even come to the forums? Are they interested in a genre-centered community? :blob_hmm: NUF has a BL-centric thread solely for BL discussions, and maybe we need one, too? Not sure. We'll find out ^^.

Thus, 1st question -- does an anthology or competition event centered on BL interest any of you?

2nd question, just to start a discussion or to get better acquainted with each other -- what is your BL-writer history? (Where did you first discover BL? How did you come to SH? What are your specific interests in the genre or issues that bother you?) :blob_aww:

\(*o*)/ love you all!

Edit Note: We now have a private BL room here on the SHF, so if you are a BL author and you post in this thread, you'll get an invite there!

Added a Poll for the shy ones @_@.
Explanation for the poll here:

Last edited:

yansusustories

Matchmaker of Handsome Men
So many people :blob_blank: I didn't even know there were so many of us on here ...

As for your questions:
I've answered #1 elsewhere already but yay! Let's go for awesome BL events! :blob_aww:

Now, my BL history ... I actually have no idea when I came across the first BL (likely in the early 2000s?). I think I didn't really realize it was BL. Then I re-encountered it when I started watching and reading tons of Chinese stuff in 2017. As a writer, I started my first Chinese-inspired BL series in summer 2018 and have kept at it since then.
I was originally on other sites like webnovel, Wattpad, and Tapas, and was then invited over by @crimson_carnation so I naturally jumped here :blob_melt: I personally like BL with lots of plot (actual plot, this isn't me trying to use euphemisms :blob_sweat:) and I do have a thing for healthy relationships without abuse. I think I like stories with a fantastical or historical setting a tad bit more but I also read contemporary ones. Actually, I'm open to pretty much anything :blob_aww:

Queenfisher

Bird?
who hath summoned this Lord? Present thine cheeks for a clap, clap, clapping

*cheers*

Sounds cool! I'd participate, if only to be the bottom line standard.

Everyone is welcome! The more depravity -- the better. Especially with the Alpha and Omega all in one :blob_aww:

So many people :blob_blank: I didn't even know there were so many of us on here ...

As for your questions:
I've answered #1 elsewhere already but yay! Let's go for awesome BL events! :blob_aww:

Now, my BL history ... I actually have no idea when I came across the first BL (likely in the early 2000s?). I think I didn't really realize it was BL. Then I re-encountered it when I started watching and reading tons of Chinese stuff in 2017. As a writer, I started my first Chinese-inspired BL series in summer 2018 and have kept at it since then.
I was originally on other sites like webnovel, Wattpad, and Tapas, and was then invited over by @crimson_carnation so I naturally jumped here :blob_melt: I personally like BL with lots of plot (actual plot, this isn't me trying to use euphemisms :blob_sweat:) and I do have a thing for healthy relationships without abuse. I think I like stories with a fantastical or historical setting a tad bit more but I also read contemporary ones. Actually, I'm open to pretty much anything :blob_aww:

Actually, there are much more novels than authors! A lot of them repeat ^^

(You should know ^^). But the prize obviously goes to @MyLadyQueen for that!

Ah, commotion!!
*Runs to see as well*

Queenfisher

Bird?
The better question is how did you find all these people, @Queenfisher
What do you mean -- the better question! Answer our BL questions first! :blob_teehee:

Also, my actual answer is weird and will probably horrify most people. Nobody is ready to hear the truth.

I just went and typed every name I saw on the BL-ranking list :blob_blank:. Manually.

I am an S-tier Summoner, k? :blob_evil:

Am I allowed to join, even if I'm more of a generic queer writer who skews towards GL these days? It's nice to write BL from time to time.

YES! The more the better!

I frankly wondered about adding you, @minacia , @Nahrenne , and @Maple-Leaf into my summon spell but I just went with the BL author list first. The readers and occasional supporters (and apparently occasional writers of BL, too? ^^) who do not leave trace in the BL ranking are much harder to find...

I know that @flucket , @MikleoKrein , and some other people have written BL on the main site at some point, but have deleted it with time. But I have no idea how to track every author who deleted their novels either, so... :sweating_profusely:

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•

Queenfisher

Bird?
Hewwo! I was summoned!

Welcome welcome, now answer the questions! Why is @yansusustories is the only A+ student here? -_____-

You came binary-hyung!:blob_aww:

No confidence to achieve that with my cliched BL works 囧rz

Cliches are important. They are tools in our workshops! Without them, we can't work!

I am actually thinking of at least two anthologies so far -- one for "BL as unconventional as you can make it!" and the other "Honoring all the Classic tropes and having fun with them like the first time!".

Because BL has different facets and we love them all! \(*o*)/

Also - I am just really thinking of what anthologies and/or events we could make, so it's not very certain. I will make some poll later about who wants to have a BL event of any kind and what should be the topic of it.

I mean -- if it's a competition of some sort, then we'd need prizes or something? *twiddles thumbs* And we don't even have Nuffies here on SHF to offer as a forum currency, lol.

So I guess it's mostly just enthusiasm for BL and the community-building exercise so far :blob_hide:

Surprise! I also write BL!

YAY! :blob_highfive: