I realized writing less than 1000 might be best for me

DubstheDuke

Long writing makes me dizzy 🤭
I guess what I meant is like, you could split up your writing into multiple segments per chapter and it would still be the same amount per session. But either way works.

Saileri

Your Friendly Neighborhood IT Guy
Meanwhile I've broken 7k words average per chapter and it still feels like not enough.

Ace_Raven

Initially I wrote up to 2000 words per chapter, which made me cry because of wrong grammar etc, I tried to cut them to less than 1000. it more convenient 🤭
You guys got to 1000?

My avarage word per chapter is only at 500.

Valmond

Initially I wrote up to 2000 words per chapter, which made me cry because of wrong grammar etc, I tried to cut them to less than 1000. it more convenient 🤭
Write what you can handle, and credibly polish. That is what I say.

I have chapters as low as 3000 words, and one that is as high as 18k words. Might be 20k, kinda forgot that one. Usually they average between 10k to 15k words a chapter. My smaller works average about 3k to 5k words chapter. In short, it is what I can handle, as well as the planning. If the planning calls for it being longer, then it will be. The editing is not a problem, since I almost never release a book until it is completely done. Hence, I have all the time I need to polish it.

Last edited:

PhillisCreziles

﹤Once a Potato﹥
Honestly, writing 1000-2000 words per chapter, is the best way to start out. :blob_okay: It's enough to give you time to edit and find your personal style of writing, and at the same time to publish out chapters on a scheduled basis. :blob_paint:

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?
1 to 1.5K chaps and I'm still think its too long. I tend to read it from a reader's perspective and notice I skim on certain lines that I decide to cut them down instead of making them longer. Why read the boring parts when I can focus on what makes my novel instead? Plus, realizing why the comments don't understand why my character's actions due to skiming on the lines is kinda laughable now considering I focus on every line to be important.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Do what works for you :) I'm on maternity leave, so I'm writing about 0 words per day on a good day.

Motsu

Game Lead Programmer x WebAppSoft
Great! I sure will be hoping for your success with that less than 1000k chapter, and I sure will not bring my opinion on how many words I write per chapter. In addition, hope you'll find a place where you could fit all likely scenario in a chapter and doesn't have to listen to all these speech-freedom-people.

QueenInRags

Honestly I find that 1500 is my sweet spot although it does take a little commitment to get that many words in