Anything bad happened to you today?

hyperkvlt

Lowkey Game Developer
Life always be accompanied by many surprises and unexpected events. And occasionally we may be greeted by some situations and events which may leave us with a feeling of....

"GGRRR!!! AAAAARRRGHHHFG!?!?"

As for me today, after getting some random notifs from OneDrive (saying it need to synch, cuz I was on battery saving mode), I was struck by the infamous dreadful blue (BSOD) all of a sudden, and got my laptop restarted without my consent.. The result?

When it finally booted up, I was greeted by a menacing desolated blue ocean, devoid of life.... C'mon, it hadn't even been ten minutes since I turned it on, y'know?!

IMG_20210419_135603.jpg

And, yeah... almost everything on its system were corrupted and unaccessable: settings, audio, network, etc. Worse yet I got no backup. And now that with the setting being unaccessable and my restore point cannot be used, I was forced, yet again, to reinstall the window, again, LOL. (Darn, it hasn't even been one month yet!)

To make things worse, I got an assignment I must submit tonight which makes things rather messed up... So, yeah, all in all... Today, life is pretty wonderful~

How about you? How's your day? I wish it's not that all bad.

EternalSunset0

Waited in line at the bank for around an hour to deposit something.

The system went down and the tellers assured me it will be fixed. I waited that long, and it did get fixed... for around a few seconds before the whole thing went down again.

Complete waste of time when I could have been playing something on the PC or trying to write.

KiraMinoru

Untitled Generic Member
it hasn't even been one month yet!
Get a new SSD(assuming your OS is on SSD) if it’s only been a month since it’s last happened. It’s probably failing. The worst case will be if cylinder 0 on your SSD goes altogether where the MBR is. Good luck at that point installing any OS when that happens. At least in my case it made the computer so slow that it would never do anything when that SSD was socketed. It’d be so slow it’d take days, weeks or years to do anything on it.

Btw you probably could have still recovered all or at least most of your shit on the SSD if you used something like DiskGenius.

This is literally a long as chapter in one of my stories about the bullshit I went through for this.

BubbleC

Floating Idiot
Got some bad pain in my right shoulder that makes it difficult to move, presumably it’s from drawing too much. Never thought I’d have to do full body stretches before drawing, but now I know I guess lol

hyperkvlt

Lowkey Game Developer
Waited in line at the bank for around an hour to deposit something.

The system went down and the tellers assured me it will be fixed. I waited that long, and it did get fixed... for around a few seconds before the whole thing went down again.
The system got error at bad timing, huh.

Get a new SSD(assuming your OS is on SSD) if it’s only been a month since it’s last happened. It’s probably failing. The worst case will be if cylinder 0 on your SSD goes altogether where the MBR is. Good luck at that point installing any OS when that happens. At least in my case it made the computer so slow that it would never do anything when that SSD was socketed. It’d be so slow it’d take days, weeks or years to do anything on it.
Actually, its on HDD. And I kinda did something stupid by purchasing 128GB SSD not knowing the latest installer would need at least 160GB storage or more. Now, I would need some more time to get a new one.

Got some bad pain in my right shoulder that makes it difficult to move, presumably it’s from drawing too much. Never thought I’d have to do full body stretches before drawing, but now I know I guess lol
Well, cramp is one of artist and programmer's nightmare because we often stayed in the same posture for so long.

It's important to take a few breaks when you draw and do some light stretching, but it's pretty hard to actually take a stop while you're focusing your mind on something. I often found my self skipping breaks even though I already timed my break time with timer, LOL.

Last edited: