What if ... Genghis Khan Invaded the Future?

• Thread starter Deleted member 53101
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 53101

So recently, I read web novel about technological gap. Be it backwater medieval-themed isekai with magic and stuff and the MC imported science and technology from modern Earth, or maybe the MC time travelled back to the ancient times and bringing modern day concept and technology. Some build his own kingdom and reigning as a king, some served the local king because he's not that OP. Mostly in this story, the MC who posses modern mindset and knowledge has the upper hands against the native of that time.

But let's talk about the exact opposite of that. Let's talk about ... what if the Mongols led by Temujin, or most notably known by the name Genghis Khan, found a spacetime tunnel somewhere in a cave near Ulaanbatar, and invade the future earth?

Indeed, it won't be an epic battle because they're just some horse-mounted cavalry while we have tanks, copters, and a batch of F-22 over here. The technological gap is still the biggest obstacle to overcome ... and yeah, they'd be death in a blink blown up by howitzer's missile. But ... that doesn't mean they can't make some trouble first, right?

When writing this thread, I recalled Gate and ReCreator anime. The Gate has the inhabitant of isekai 'invade' the modern day Japan, at first it was panic attack because suddenly amid bustling metropolitan area of Ginza, there's an army of hideous demi-human footmen, sword-wielding armor-wearing cavalry, and DRAGON! And then there's the Re:Creator ..., the concept of this anime was to summon a bunch of characters from manga, anime, and game into the world. As there was no hidden magic society on earth(at least in that anime) it was incredibly hectic when there's a little girl flying above the sky and could take down a helicopter with a single magic spell. Come to think of it, Fate franchise also done that ..., summoning of hero in the past. But no, I'm not talking about a single individual who is too OP because the power of exaggerated history. I'm talking about an army, an army from the past.

Let's head back to the topic at hand ... the Genghis Khan and the Mongols!

If there's a day, when a Time Gate suddenly appeared in your city plaza, and the Mongolian Cavalry of hundred thousand strong flooded and ransacked the peaceful Sunday car-free day ..., how much the damage and casualty could this army from the past caused before the military could provide an assistance?

Or, let's stretch this scenario a bit further. What if it was not the Mongols, what if it was the Roman Legion, or the Macedonian, the Spartan, Persian? Or maybe combat magician corps or something from isekai invaded the modern day earth?

I'm kinda curious about that.

Currently, I'm racking my brain on how to writing counter-isekai with an inhabitant of isekai got summoned into modern Earth. I thought it was such a piece of cake, but no ..., it's not. I must establish that world(the isekai) first from scratch and then put my mind into the character before I throw him into earth. And it is very difficult, at least for me. I've read some regressed, reincarnated, or transmigrated from CN cultivation novel who come from cultivation world then got into modern earth ..., but that's not what I'm looking for, they're too OP for good after they've done with their cultivation thingies.

What I want is struggle ... a bitter struggle and horrifying battle. So, I made an alternative and simplify the premise, that is a past warmongering tribe who got time-travelled into the future. Please give it some thought.

Last edited by a moderator:

High-in-the-skys

Awkward member
Your idea seems similar to the backround of 'The World Is Overflowing with Monster, I’m Taking a Liking to This Life'.

The premise is about a dog-loving overworked guy surviving the previously peaceful japan. It slowly reveals that the monsters and system are transported suddenly from some isekai world...

The possible way they might survive is probably like a terraformar(yes, those cockroach guys). After surviving from first encounter, they stole the enemy's tech and slowly quickly adapted. Btw I hate that story, too much plot armor for the terraformar with shallow justification...

I think it would further show their powerlessness if you show a secret weapon they have spectacularly fail...

Last edited:

Gastic

So recently, I read web novel about technological gap. Be it backwater medieval-themed isekai with magic and stuff and the MC imported science and technology from modern Earth, or maybe the MC time travelled back to the ancient times and bringing modern day concept and technology. Some build his own kingdom and reigning as a king, some served the local king because he's not that OP. Mostly in this story, the MC who posses modern mindset and knowledge has the upper hands against the native of that time.

But let's talk about the exact opposite of that. Let's talk about ... what if the Mongols led by Temujin, or most notably known by the name Genghis Khan, found a spacetime tunnel somewhere in a cave near Ulaanbatar, and invade the future earth?

Indeed, it won't be an epic battle because they're just some horse-mounted cavalry while we have tanks, copters, and a batch of F-22 over here. The technological gap is still the biggest obstacle to overcome ... and yeah, they'd be death in a blink blown up by howitzer's missile. But ... that doesn't mean they can't make some trouble first, right?

When writing this thread, I recalled Gate and ReCreator anime. The Gate has the inhabitant of isekai 'invade' the modern day Japan, at first it was panic attack because suddenly amid bustling metropolitan area of Ginza, there's an army of hideous demi-human footmen, sword-wielding armor-wearing cavalry, and DRAGON! And then there's the Re:Creator ..., the concept of this anime was to summon a bunch of characters from manga, anime, and game into the world. As there was no hidden magic society on earth(at least in that anime) it was incredibly hectic when there's a little girl flying above the sky and could take down a helicopter with a single magic spell. Come to think of it, Fate franchise also done that ..., summoning of hero in the past. But no, I'm not talking about a single individual who is too OP because the power of exaggerated history. I'm talking about an army, an army from the past.

If there's a day, when a Time Gate suddenly appeared in your city plaza, and the Mongolian Cavalry of hundred thousand strong flooded and ransacked the peaceful Sunday car-free day ..., how much the damage and casualty could this army from the past caused before the military could provide an assistance?

Or, let's stretch this scenario a bit further. What if it was not the Mongols, what if it was the Roman Legion, or the Macedonian, the Spartan, Persian? Or maybe combat magician corps or something from isekai invaded the modern day earth?

Currently, I'm racking my brain on how to writing counter-isekai with an inhabitant of isekai got summoned into modern Earth. I thought it was such a piece of cake, but no ..., it's not. I must establish that world(the isekai) first from scratch and then put my mind into the character before I throw him into earth. And it is very difficult, at least for me. I've read some regressed, reincarnated, or transmigrated from CN cultivation novel who come from cultivation world then got into modern earth ..., but that's not what I'm looking for, they're too OP for good after they've done with their cultivation thingies.

What I want is struggle ... a bitter struggle and horrifying battle. So, I made an alternative and simplify the premise, that is a past warmongering tribe who got time-travelled into the future. Please give it some thought.
He would die like an idiot. Not only would he be outclassed in the most basic strategic strategies, he would lack the technology or charm to make others fight for him. It would be like if Hitler was revived and expected blond people to fight for him. Not only would he be discarded as an idiot with no chance to raise an army due to people thinking its some crazy dude, a local police force or military would take him out before he could acquaint with the times or gather arms if he were to commit murder or make people see him as a terrorist. If he were to gain any sort of traction or infamy spec ops would take him out in a raid or 2, doesn't really matter what country takes him out. High chances it would be the U.S.A as the case for Al-Qaeda's previous leader he would be swiftly assassinated and with no one stupid enough to join his cause, sympathize, or continue it he would fall back into history as some idiot who impersonated a dead tyrant. Wouldn't make a good story if it was serious but as a comedy of an old idiot who thought he was worth a dogs shit on the side of the road comedy would be funny.

Aoibh

Mademoiselle
He would die like an idiot. Not only would he be outclassed in the most basic strategic strategies, he would lack the technology or charm to make others fight for him. It would be like if Hitler was revived and expected blond people to fight for him. Not only would he be discarded as an idiot with no chance to raise an army due to people thinking its some crazy dude, a local police force or military would take him out before he could acquaint with the times or gather arms if he were to commit murder or make people see him as a terrorist. If he were to gain any sort of traction or infamy spec ops would take him out in a raid or 2, doesn't really matter what country takes him out. High chances it would be the U.S.A as the case for Al-Qaeda's previous leader he would be swiftly assassinated and with no one stupid enough to join his cause, sympathize, or continue it he would fall back into history as some idiot who impersonated a dead tyrant. Wouldn't make a good story if it was serious but as a comedy of an old idiot who thought he was worth a dogs shit on the side of the road comedy would be funny.
Cant invade without an army.

D

Deleted member 53101

The premise is about a dog-loving overworked guy surviving the previously peaceful japan. It slowly reveals that the monsters and system are transported suddenly from some isekai world...

The possible way they might survive is probably like a terraformar(yes, those cockroach guys). After surviving from first encounter, they stole the enemy's tech and slowly quickly adapted. Btw I hate that story, too much plot armor for the terraformar with shallow justification...

I think it would further show their powerlessness if you show a secret weapon they have spectacularly fail...
I'm not referring to zerg-like swarm community. But a lower civilization attacking the higher ..., it's like a primitive tribe of New Guinean with no contact to the outside world for years suddenly sail to the south and attacked the Opera House in Sydney, but in a swarm. When they realized their own powerlessness of their martial art and cold weapons. Even so, if they go against non-harmful peace-loving civilians ..., they can hold a candle, right?

Not only would he be discarded as an idiot with no chance to raise an army due to people thinking its some crazy dude, a local police force or military would take him out before he could acquaint with the times or gather arms if he were to commit murder or make people see him as a terrorist.
Cant invade without an army.
Oh no ..., you guys misunderstand something here, he brought his army from isekai or the alternate earth he comes from. He's a successful monarch with a hundred of thousand followers joined to his cause, remember. He is undefeatable and impeccable back in his lair. But that series of successes blinded his greed and he just wants to kill and plunder anyone that isn't his race catch on his sight.

Aoibh

Mademoiselle
I'm not referring to zerg-like swarm community. But a lower civilization attacking the higher ..., it's like a primitive tribe of New Guinean with no contact to the outside world for years suddenly sail to the south and attacked the Opera House in Sydney, but in a swarm. When they realized their own powerlessness of their martial art and cold weapons. Even so, if they go against non-harmful peace-loving civilians ..., they can hold a candle, right?

Oh no ..., you guys misunderstand something here, he brought his army from isekai or the alternate earth he comes from. He's a successful monarch with a hundred of thousand followers joined to his cause, remember. He is undefeatable and impeccable back in his lair. But that series of successes blinded his greed and he just wants to kill and plunder anyone that isn't his race catch on his sight.
I didnt misunderstand anything, i was pointing it out to him that it was an invasion and not a suicide.

High-in-the-skys

Awkward member

If you're mistaking the terraformars as zerg-like, you're mistaken. This is the reason the humans got lots of casualties in the anime. They thought terraformars as just a humanoid cockroaches with barbarian society. Turns out they're not as dumb as they thought. The only moment they found out was when the terraformars are shooting them with their own guns with tactics employed...

You can also take an idea like this: MC experienced first encounter and lost, snapped out of his delusion, enemy got cocky, MC lost second time but successfully diverted attention so he could hide his troops like in the sewers...

You can see power struggle in the sentence above that could give the tension in your story. Since they're "weak", you could make them lose more than their enemy and wrap up the fight with the reveal that the loses are intentional(if your MC is a strategical genius or something)...

D

Deleted member 53101

If you want to discuss how the Empire will invade the modern world, my short answer is "there is nothing interesting to see".
Seems right ..., with how advanced the modern world is, there's nothing to discuss when it comes to the war against the backwater world. It's only become a slaughterfest for the modern army.

"Our ancestors would see us as gods."
I think, I can see why now that invading the future(in case there's a time machine) or stealing their technology is not something that should be done.

Kenjona

FYI,
Russia shelved plans for invading the US for one major reason, the number of guns per person we have. Our civilian population would be armed well enough to take care of most horde members not massed together. Our construction is sufficient enough we can block house areas in most Urban centers. Our weapons outrange and out accurate theirs, even siege weapons they can bring to bear. There would be lots of death and mayhem with local police and civilians fighting back, until national guard show up and swing it to our side. Then said horde would scatter and have to be hunted down in small "Bandit/Raider" bands, by then they would have access to raided guns and clothing themselves and would be more dangerous, but not on the militaries level.

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps

Unless his sword and horse is magical, he'll only get to raid, rape and pillage one village before he got hit with the full might of 155mm artillery on his face.

The Legionaires would be a challenge as they were better armoured, but ultimately won't be an issue as common rifle rounds 5.66 NATO can easily punch through their thin armour. They may get a few kills with their mass pila strike, but that's it.

The Macedonian army is really not a big deal. They were strong in the days when everyone else was crap.

The Spartan relied heavily on their long spears. Guess which army fights with a spear these days. None. They could probably get some surprise buttsex going, but they are ultimatey incapable of dealing with rifles, even hunting rifles.

The Persians could cause a problem with their mobility and absurd army morale. They'd probably be the most dangerous among all the above because they never break. Immortals had absurd loyalty and would willingly charge to their deaths, if Thermopylae was any indication.

KiraMinoru

Untitled Generic Member
What makes people think he’d employ the same tactics he did in the past? What if he sees and acknowledges he’s outmatched then adapts to the times? He could employ the oldest trick in the book, divide and conquer but in a modern way. He comes with an army of followers, right? If they adapted and took advantage of the naivety of modern civilization and used it against them, they could make the system collapse from the inside out by using his army as a Trojan horse.

When in an unfamiliar land, I’d think they would first learn about the enemy before blindly going into all out war.

Funnyface

Maybe he wouldn't be the scourge of God like he was in history, but if Genghis Khan's army appeared in my city I'd still try to get away as quickly as possible... He'd probably be able to take over the important strategic places before the government reacted especially with the weak level of government response in the COVID era. I basically have no faith that the government would do anything about the problem. Most likely it would take a long time before he was defeated and he'd basically destroy our city.

Last edited: