Writing Best romantic scenes in xianxia (spoiler)

FreemenMuaddib

Meng Qing and Lin Feng

"In a clean and tidy room, all the furniture was brand new. Lin Feng pushed the door and entered that room. There was a gorgeous silhouette sluggishly lying on a bed and looking at the ceiling. It was impossible to say what that person was thinking.

Meng Qing looked at Lin Feng and then turned around again. She looked as cold as before.

Lin Feng smiled wryly. How come he hadn’t managed to make her heart melt yet?

But it was also very clear to Lin Feng that these days, he could freely enter Meng Qing’s room. That was already a good thing. If it had been someone else, that person would probably have been frozen stiff by Meng Qing.

Only Lin Feng could go into her room.

Lin Feng walked towards Meng Qing and spoke in a low voice: “What are you thinking about?”

Meng Qing slightly shook her head and said: “Nothing.”

Lin Feng got closer to the bed and slowly sat down. Meng Qing moved her legs away allowing Lin Feng to sit down.

“Are you thinking about me?” asked Lin Feng with a smile on his face.

But Meng Qing was just calmly looking at him coldly which made Lin Feng’s face become rigid. That girl was way to difficult to understand…..

Meng Qing still lying on the bed looked at the ceiling again, ignoring Lin Feng.

Lin Feng slightly moved closer to Meng Qing which made her move back a bit more.

She was staring at Lin Feng approaching, she then glared as if she was looking at a dangerous enemy.

Lin Feng scratched his head and kept approaching Meng Qing which finally made her react, she was blinking nervously.

“Can I hug you?” said Lin Feng while looking at that breathtaking beauty.

“Only if you do it without speaking.” said Meng Qing. Lin Feng had anticipated that reply and was already hugging her, pushing her head onto his chest.

Meng Qing and Lin Feng were locked in an embrace. Meng Qing was shaking from head to toe. She had no strength anymore. She couldn’t do anything but follow Lin Feng’s movements and lean on his chest.

Meng Qing raised her head and looked at Lin Feng. Their faces were very close. At that moment, something very rare happened, emotion flashed through Meng Qing’s eyes and she looked shy. Her pure and holy face suddenly turned red, which made Lin Feng’s heartbeat accelerate.

“Let me go!”

Surprisingly, Meng Qing was struggling to move away from Lin Feng but he was holding her too tightly. Very quickly, she stopped struggling and lowered her head not daring to look at Lin Feng’s scorching hot eyes.

Lin Feng smiled, that girl was cold but she still listened to Lin Feng.

“I like holding you.” said Lin Feng while smiling. Meng Qing slowly turned her head around and raised it while looking at Lin Feng. Her eyes betrayed her at that moment.

Meng Qing then calmed down and laid against Lin Feng’s chest again. Lin Feng was hugging her and she was feeling calm and at ease. It was such a perfect moment.

That short moment seemed like an eternity. Lin Feng was tightly holding onto that absolutely gorgeous young woman. His heart was beating quickly. She was enchanting. However, Lin Feng was not thinking of the act between a man and a woman, but was still feeling a strange warmth rising within him.

“Meng Qing, look at me.” After being silent for a while, Lin Feng spoke.

Meng Qing, who was lying on Lin Feng’s chest raised her head and looked at Lin Feng. She looked a bit surprise.

“You truly are beautiful.” said Lin Feng while smiling. Meng Qing felt unfamiliar emotions. She looked shy again. Every girl liked it when the person they loved thought they were beautiful.

Meng Qing, even though she was an unusual girl, was, after all, still a girl. She also understood the feelings of love and hatred. Once a girl fell in love with a boy, she wouldn’t be that different from the others, everyone became a child when in love.

Lin Feng was lowering his head getting nearer and nearer to Meng Qing’s face. Meng Qing looked extremely embarrassed, she was shaking and her heart was pounding. She wanted to escape but at the same time, she didn’t want to go anywhere.

Finally, Lin Feng pressed his lips against her lips. Meng Qing was shaking. It was like an electric shock. Her eyes were wide open, her face was rigid, she didn’t know what was happening, but it felt right.

They didn’t kiss for a very long time before Lin Feng moved his head back and looked at Meng Qing. He smiled at her in a very sweet way.

Meng Qing looked at Lin Feng and saw that he was smiling. She looked extremely shy. She didn’t dare look at him. She had the feeling that she was drowning in emotion. She was extremely shy and nervous.

Actually, Lin Feng was nervous too. It was the first time that he had fallen in love with someone. It was also the first time that he embraced and kissed a girl. How could he not be nervous?

Even though he could use his sword and remain calm in the middle of a bloodbath, when it came to girls, Lin Feng was very nervous. Maybe he lacked experience.

“Meng Qing, have a good rest.” said Lin Feng while standing up and looking at Meng Qing. Immediately after, he turned around and started to leave.

After Lin Feng left, Meng Qing raised her head, she was excited and embarrassed at the same time. She sat down and put her hands on her knees. She looked pensive.

She wanted to remember. In her thoughts slowly appeared a smile, a warm smile."
  • from Peerless Martial God (绝世武神) by Jing Wu Hen (净无痕)

Mu Qianyu and Lin Ming

“[…] The dark crimson wilderness was vast and endless. The bare and desolate ground was covered with gray stone monuments, and the stone tablets were covered in shining crimson charms. They were no different from graves that had been destroyed.

Between the stone monuments, there were countless bones that were buried deep in the ground. Whether they were humans or beasts, they were all left underneath this limitless bloody sky. They had been buried here alone for tens of thousands of years, and they would continue to be alone through the passage of time.

But at this time, atop this barren cemetery, there was a slight and delicate figure. This figure stood alone in the cold wind, wrapped in dreary solitude.

A flame-red dress, a perfectly beautiful appearance… Her soft, ink black hair hung down to her waist, and both her jade-like feet were bare. This figure was completely out of place within this dark world.

This young woman was Mu Qianyu. At this time, her complexion was filled with an utter sadness…

Suddenly a cold and salty rain started to fall. It came from the waters of the South Sea. It was sucked into this broken world by the space storms and then turned into countless sprays of mist. After it condensed in the skies, it formed dark and thick clouds. These clouds had already gathered for over ten days, and they were waiting to spill over. Now, they blotted out the sky as they formed curtains of overwhelming rain, hard enough that it was even difficult to open one’s eyes.

In just several breaths of time, the water was already deep enough to reach the ankles. As the rain scattered throughout the bloody wilderness, it fell onto the stone tablets, washing over them and causing the crimson symbols to glow even brighter.

Mu Qianyu’s entire body was soaked. In this cold and unforgiving shower of rain, her bright and clean red dress was now stained with dirt.

She didn’t know how long she had stayed in this position. For the last six days, she hadn’t slept, eaten a grain of rice, or drank a drop of water.

In that moment when she had been enveloped in the white light of the Escape Symbol, his facial features lingered in her mind, haunting her.

She had never missed someone with such an insane intensity. If it was possible, she was willing to give up all of her cultivation to see him again.

However, the slim hope she held in her heart became increasingly endangered. It had been so long… if he was fine, then why hadn’t he come to the bloody wilderness to find her?

Only now when she had lost something so dear to her did she feel this unforgettable pain.

Mu Qianyu had lost her parents as a child. Growing up, she had followed her master. Now she finally realized that besides her master, Mu Yuhuang, only Lin Ming had occupied the most important position in her heart.

Maybe… this was what people called love.

Mu Qianyu reflected on herself. If she could just live a plain and ordinary life with Lin Ming, then even as a mortal it would be a warm and happy life…

The rain fell in this vast world until it overflowed to the knees. Then, Mu Qianyu suddenly heard the faint sound of water parting behind her, as if someone were wading through.

Mu Qianyu suddenly woke from her stupor. She turned back in shock to see, in that endless curtain of rain, a blurry figure stepping over the water towards her.

Mu Qianyu’s breath caught in her throat. In the misty weather and with the laws of this world that suppressed perception, it was impossible to tell just who this other person was. But even so, as Mu Qianyu saw this figure, her body stiffened and tears began to roll down from her eyes.

She did not need to guess, she did not need her eyes to see, nor did she need her perception to sense this figure. A deep and throbbing feeling in her heart was all that Mu Qianyu needed to recognize this person. This faint figure, was exactly the person that she had been dreaming of for the last six days…

“Lin Ming!”

Mu Qianyu forgot everything. In that moment, she was no longer the lofty and proud Saintess, nor was she an extreme Xiantian master. At this moment, she was just a girl. A simple girl who was affected by thoughts towards her lover.

In this pouring rain, she desperately rushed into Lin Ming’s embrace.

Her white arms were like white lotus roots that clung to Lin Ming’s back, as if she wanted to melt into him…

“I’m back.”

Lin Ming bent over and softly spoke in Mu Qianyu’s ear.

“I knew… I knew…” Mu Qianyu buried herself in Lin Ming’s chest, unable to stop the tears from falling.

In this incomparably icy torrent of rain, Lin Ming could clearly feel warmth in his chest.

As the pair tightly hugged each other, in this world - besides the heavy rain - there was not a single sound. It was as if this curtain of rain isolated everything from the world, and all that was left were their hearts, closely nestled together. […]”
  • from ‘Martial World’ (仙武极天下) by Cocooned Cow (蚕茧里的牛)

Mu Hanyan and Long Yi

"The wind continued to blow and the weather slowly became cold. The originally white clouds in the sky changed and they became black in color. Shortly afterward, along with a violent gust of wind, snowflakes began to flutter down.

“Snow, how can this be?” Everyone exclaimed loudly in disbelief. Winter had long passed and the weather had already become as warm as spring. New leaves were sprouting from the trees and fresh flowers had already begun to bloom. How could the season change so suddenly?

The weather had changed from spring to winter in an instant. Everyone felt a chill.

Suddenly, a slender figure flew over from the distance. The speed of this figure seemed slow but was very fast in reality. Everyone was dumbfounded as they were able to sense her only after she had already flown over to the imperial palace.

“Hanyan……” Long Yi was startled. He could see that Mu Hanyan wasn’t looking at him at all as she raised her head. With a three feet cyan sword in her hand, she rushed towards Ximen Nu who was standing in the hall.

“Protect the emperor.” At that moment, Nangong Nu, who was the leader of Unparalleled Battalion that was responsible for security, roared. A layer of strong barrier was activated in the sky and countless magic arrows shot towards Mu Hanyan in the sky.

Swish, swish, swish, arrows pierced through the body of Mu Hanyan. However, in the next instant, everyone discovered that there wasn’t even a scratch on Mu Hanyan’s body. At that time, Ximen Kuang, Murong Bo, Aunt Ou, Judith, and Karen who were having their own small gathering rushed over as they heard the commotion. They just happened to see Mu Hanyan easily passing through the barrier laid down by magicians and her sharp sword stabbing towards Ximen Nu who was standing still. These people were shocked, but they quickly took action. Two Sword Gods released their douqi domains and rushed towards Mu Hanyan. Judith and Karen used their Light Impact Magic to attack Mu Hanyan.

The glabella of Long Yi trembled and the Wind God spirit tablet within his sea of consciousness buzzed nonstop. He watched on as Mu Hanyan was besieged by the two great Sword Gods and the two Great Holy Priests. His heart was feeling extreme pain. With this level of attack, even if he was in the place of Mu Hanyan, it would be hard to escape with his life.

Merely, accidents might happen at any time. Under two douqi domains, Mu Hanyan only became slightly sluggish, but she continued forward without any change in her expression. She indifferently held her sword as she ignored the space rendering golden douqi of Murong Bo and Aunt Ou. She also ignored the Light Impact Magic of Judith and Karen.

The heart of Long Yi became cold and suddenly felt as though something was wrong. Although the attack power of Mu Hanyan was mediocre, Long Yi had just seen her speed. Merely, he had thought that she was relying on Bai Yu which resulted in her swift speed. But, her strange appearance at this moment made him realize that the strength of Mu Hanyan was absolutely not ordinary. It was nothing like what he had seen on the surface. She had once said that although she might be unable to defeat other people, no one in this world could take her life as long as she was unwilling to die.

At this moment, two Sword Gods collided with Mu Hanyan but they were bounced back with soft and smooth energy in an instant. At this moment, the sword of Mu Hanyan was less than one meter away from Ximen Nu.

Everyone was shocked and their breathing stopped for a moment. Could it be that Blue Waves Emperor who had just ascended the throne would die on the first day? No one could stand such a big blow.

“Don’t hurt my father……” Long Yi roared and he rushed forward like a bolt of lightning. With a layer of thin cyan light, he easily broke through the domains of the two Sword Gods. He absolutely couldn’t let Mu Hanyan stab his father who was standing still.

As a matter of fact, it was not like Ximen Nu didn’t want to stay still. Instead, he couldn’t move at all. His consciousness was very clear, but it appeared as if his body was no longer under his control. He could only watch as Mu Hanyan’s indifferent and ice-cold eyes got closer and closer.

“Mu Hanyan……” Long Yi roared and with lightning glimmering around his right hand, the Lightning God Hammer appeared and transformed into a purple sword which stabbed towards the back of Mu Hanyan.

Crackle, Long Yi could clearly feel the sword blade stabbing through a body as lightning wreaked havoc in Mu Hanyan’s body. However, the three feet cyan sword in Mu Hanyan’s hand had already stabbed through Ximen Nu’s heart.

Mu Hanyan slowly turned around and sadly smiled as blood flowed out from the corners of her mouth. Then, the sword in her hand fluctuated and disappeared. And at that moment, Ximen Nu, who had given up all hope, woke up. He discovered that he was able to move and he instantly raised his hand to touch his chest. He discovered that there wasn’t even a scratch… Even his clothing was not ripped open.

The handsome face of Long Yi was deathly pale and his eyes became empty. He released the Lightning God sword and staggered two steps back, looking at Mu Hanyan whose chest was stabbed. Now, her clothing was also dyed red with her blood.

“I… Didn’t I say… In this world, only you… Only you can kill me……” Looking at Long Yi, the beautiful eyes of Mu Hanyan was filled with deep affection. At this very moment, there was no hypocrisy and no schemes. All the shackles had already been cast aside. Only her true self was left.

“Why… Why, tell me why!” Long Yi rushed forward and supported Mu Hanyan who no longer had any strength. He roared madly. He instantly used his fingers to press her acupoints but he realized that it was already too late. In a last ditch attempt to save her, Long Yi injected his true qi in order to protect her heart veins. Even so, he discovered that she was still slowly losing her vitality and the injected true qi would dissipate instantly.

“Because…… Because the rule of this game stated that the loser had to die. Didn’t you already know this from the very beginning? Dying…… Dying in your hand, I feel very fortunate. I feel very happy as well…” Mu Hanyan smiled as she held onto Long Yi’s hand.

“I hate you……” Long Yi softly whispered with tears sliding down his cheeks.

“I hope…… I hope that you will hate me till the end of your life. I hope you will hate me because I love you… I will love you to the end of my life…” Mu Hanyan smiled with great difficulty and her beautiful eyes slowly became dimmer. Her beautiful face began to distort and when everything calmed down, Long Yi discovered that the current appearance of Mu Hanyan was similar to Mist Fairy.

Caressing the beautiful face of Mu Hanyan and gently drawing her supple outline, Long Yi felt as if his heart was cut into pieces. He was truly stupid. He should have known that Mu Hanyan was the same person as Mist Fairy. There were too many coincidences between the two people. However, what was the point of knowing that now? He was powerless to prevent her from dying.

The cries of a crane could be heard and Bai Yi appeared out of thin air. It whined plaintively beside Mu Hanyan. All of a sudden, Long Yi discovered that he could clearly feel Bai Yu’s heartfelt sadness. There seemed to be some kind of connection between him and Bai Yu.

The little hand of Mu Hanyan that was tightly grabbing Long Yi slowly lost strength and the life in her eyes became even dimmer. It seemed as though it was a stick of incense which was about to burn out.

“Don’t, don’t leave me.” Long Yi mumbled while shaking his head. At this moment, he looked scared and there were tears flowing from his eyes. Moreover, the powerless feeling that appeared at the bottom of his heart nearly drove him crazy.

The consciousness of Mu Hanyan had already started to disappear. Her heart-wrenching sad face started to blur and she appeared as though she was returning to the country where there were blue skies, white clouds, and rippling water. That place had exotic flowers and rare herbs everywhere. It was a brilliant and magnificent civilization with diligent and brave people. There, she held the hand of her sweetheart as they happily knelt in front of her beautiful and dignified mother. They vowed to stick together through thick and thin and they promised to be loyal to each other.

“Big sister……” A mournful scream appeared from the skies and Jingjing flew over as fast as lightning. She was wearing a pure white robe as she forced back the soldiers who were blocking her path. She rushed towards Long Yi as she wailed.

“Save her, Jingjing, quickly save her.”

Seeing this beautiful face that resembled Mu Hanyan, Long Yi grabbed the wrist of Jingjing as if he was grabbing a life-saving straw.

“Let go of me, you ungrateful bastard!” Jingjing shook off the hand of Long Yi and her hand flashed with black light which enveloped Mu Hanyan’s continuously bleeding wound.

After a few minutes, the blood eventually slowed down. However, the blood never stopped.

Jingjing was sweating profusely when she stopped casting her magic. She was clearly exhausted. Looking at Bai Yu who was at the side, she later turned to Long Yi and she said, “Didn’t big sister gave you the Wind God Imprint? How else can you injure her? How can Bai Yu, her life god beast, be completely fine?”

“Wind God Imprint?” Long Yi was dumbfounded. Then, he suddenly thought of something and he pulled open his lapel. He looked at that beautiful golden cloud mark on his chest.

“It really happened… Big sister is so stupid.” Jingjing softly said. This was also the magic of love. Her cold and merciless big sister actually did such a stupid thing.

At that time, Halei also arrived at the scene and was shocked to see that Mu Hanyan was on the verge of death. He glared at Long Yi with a ferocious expression.

“I want to heal big sister, Ximen Yu, pull out the sword.” Jingjing took a deep breath and she looked at her big sister whom she hated in the past. She used to hate Mu Hanyan to the marrow of her bones in the past. However, right now, they only thing she felt was sadness.

Long Yi gritted his teeth and pulled out a purple sword which caused blood to gush out. Immediately after that, Jingjing used her right hand covered with a black light to cover Mu Hanyan’s wound. She used her left hand to crush a barrier pearl which isolated Jingjing and Mu Hanyan from the outside world.

Long Yi blankly stared at the purple sword in his hand with chaotic thoughts in his heart.

Not far away, Ximen Nu, Dongfang Wan and others looked at where Mu Hanyan was with a worried gaze. Ximen Wuhen and the other women wanted to rush over and comfort him, but Murong Bo and the other seniors stopped them.

“Don’t bother him. Nu’er, arrange another place and take all the people away. Leave this place for them. I hope that girl is fine.” Ximen Kuang sighed softly and turned around with a heavy heart. He had never thought that the originally joyous occasion would turn into this.

Soon, there was only Long Yi, Halei, Bai Yu, as well as the sisters who were inside the barrier. They were the only ones left in the throne room.

Long Yi sat on the flight of steps and powerlessly leaned on the stone pillar, lost in thought. It had been so many years since he had arrived in this world. This was the first time he was both mentally and physically exhausted like this. He actually felt as though he was unable to bear the pressure and he was about to collapse. Personally stabbing the women he loved with a sword. Who would be able to endure this?

“From the day she met you, Miss never intended to return alive.” Halei sat next to Long Yi. After his anger quelled, he could feel Long Yi’s pain.

“I don’t understand, why this?” Long Yi muttered with a blank face.

“Since her childhood, her fate was already laid out in front of her. She had to bear the heavy pressure and she had responsibilities others cannot imagine. This time, she not only failed in her task in the Blue Waves Continent. She also fell in love with someone she should not love. That was the root cause of everything.” Halei said.

“Didn’t the few of you come from Blue Moon Continent which is located at the other side of the Hengduan Mountains? What is your purpose here?” Long Yi asked.

“It seems as though you know a lot about us. However, we can’t tell you what our purpose here is. Perhaps you will understand something if you look at this.” Halei handed over that letter which was given to him by Mu Hanyan and he explained.

Long Yi quickly opened the letter and saw that it was written in Blue Moon Script. Long Yi scanned through the letter and he became lost in his thoughts.

[…] From the content of this letter, Long Yi managed to deduce something. The problem which existed was that the Blue Moon Continent was just too small. Originally, the Blue Moon Continent was richly endowed. It was a beautiful land and the human civilization located there was at a much higher level than that of the Blue Waves Continent. […]

Later, after several tens of thousands of years, the amazing environment caused the population in the Blue Moon Continent to bloom. The existing races started to fight for natural resources and large-scale wars erupted. Even though there were large wars, the population still continued to increase.

In an extremely short period of time, the once beautiful Blue Moon Continent was destroyed beyond recognition. If this continued, all the races in the Blue Moon Continent might go extinct. […] When they discovered that there was an extremely vast world on the other side of the Hengduan Mountains, the emperor of the Cyan Wind Empire came up with a plan.

He secretly infiltrated three people to the other side in order to secretly develop their power and influence in the Blue Waves Continent [with the aim to subvert their empires and prepare the terrain for a future invasion. One of these three people was princess Mu Hanyan, the daughter of the emperor. The mission entrusted to them was the last hope for the survival of the Blue Moon Continent. But right when they were ready to execute the plan to assassinate the emperor Ximed Nu, Mu Hanyan decided not to do that, betraying her people.]

[…] In this letter, there was not much about Jingjing’s life. However, Mu Hanyan had requested for her father emperor to release the younger brother and mother of Jingjing. She also asked for him to forgive Jingjing for failing this mission. It was no wonder that the attitude of Jingjing towards Mu Hanyan had such a drastic change.

The letter also mentioned that the Wind God Imprint within her body had already been transferred to her most beloved person and she apologized humbly to her father emperor. She would atone for the crimes through her death. The Wind God Imprint represented the person favored by the Wind God. In the entire Blue Moon Continent, that person had an aloof position. It could be said that the person with the Wind God Imprint received the recognition and respect of most humans and the other races of the Blue Moon Continent. This honor which belonged to the Cyan Wind Emperor was given to the enemy by Mu Hanyan. If this news were to spread, the standing of the Cyan Wind Empire would suffer a drastic decline.

“Do you understand something now?” Halei asked.

Long Yi nodded his head and a bitter smile appeared on his face. As it turned out, everything was different from what he expected.

[…] Time passed second after second. It seemed as though the darkness had only set when the sky started to brighten again. Even though so much time had passed, there were no movements inside the barrier. The heart of Long Yi was in a mess as if he was a stick of meat over charcoal. He was feeling uneasy no matter what he did. He begged God to not be so cruel to him. Since he had been given the chance to live once, why didn’t God give a woman he deeply loved another chance to live again? Why?"

• from Womanizing Mage (异世之风流大法师) by Heaven is Not Lonely (天堂不寂寞)

Please contribute to this thread with your favourite romantic scenes..

Last edited:

Arielus

The wedding in ISSTH been forever since I read it since I was reading each chapter while it was translated on wuxiaworld
But that wedding stuck with me
Still peeved it got interrupted by those fuckers

Mechaphobic

Is it bad that every time I see this, I want to instead pick every time the fmc has majorly betrayed the mc.

FDSIO

from ‘Martial World’ (仙武极天下) by Cocooned Cow (蚕茧里的牛)

Sir, you are not playing fair! That's the one that took my xianxia virginity... The one where I witnessed the dao of face slapping for the first time...

It has a special place in my heart...