Songwriting?

LilTV1155

I am writing a few songs for the stories I'm writing in my main project series called Flower and Sword: Memoriae of Aosoer.

But I am closer to a poet than a songwriter because:
  • Poetry skill - 6/10
  • Singing skill - 0.2/10
    • Flat voice
    • Hearing disability
    • Heavy accent
  • Music skill - 0.5/10
    • Does not have the skills to use any music instruments required for it
    • Unable to afford music instruments necessary for experiment
  • Experience - 2/10
I want to know other people's opinions or their feedbacks/suggestions/etc. about it. Heck, you can diss it if you like. Some of those songs can also tell part of the stories. But if I explain, it will become major spoilers.

Here's the link: Self-Creative Album

D

Deleted member 49654

For me, a song is something that has a melody attached to it. Unless you record it as a music file and let the readers listen to it, I think you should call it a poem and skip the tra-la-laing. If you want to introduce it sang by a character in your novel, it is fine as well. You can call the character minstrel or a singing poet. Just mention that they sing the poem with a stringed instrument accompaniment or whatever one you prefer.

D

Deleted member 45782

Just a suggestion @LilTV1155 , but trying looking at it through mobile device. Ik you try to do table of the versions of song but it may not look so well.

hyperkvlt

Lowkey Game Developer
  • Music skill - 0.5/10
    • Does not have the skills to use any music instruments required for it
    • Unable to afford music instruments necessary for experiment
  • Experience - 2/10
Well, nowadays you can make music digitally without much experience with the actual instruments. Though having some experience could help you better.

With the help of Digital Audio
Workstation (DAW) such as FL studio and Ableton you can make music without using any physical instument. Though you might want to get at least a MIDI keyboard, and it would take time and dedication to learn the workflow to actually make a good music. And while there are free DAW, they're mostly much harder to learn and more tilting to recording (using actual instrument).