Writing A co-author, but I don't care

lambchap

What about Roleplays? I think it's the one closest to co-author -ing without chaos. I've done a few fantasy Roleplays where we basically write using the POV of our (created) character. Here's how we did it, there's a separate thread for story discussion (where the rules of the setting are set and the general conflict going on - for example, ask permission for my character to interact with character B, so on and so forth). And then there's an official thread where we write off our part.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Someone dared to skip the previous pages and copy my comparison to roleplays!? How dare they!? :blob_paint: :blob_paint: :blob_paint:

Agentt

Thighs
Someone dared to skip the previous pages and copy my comparison to roleplays!? How dare they!? :blob_paint: :blob_paint: :blob_paint:
So you will paint them to death?
What about Roleplays? I think it's the one closest to co-author -ing without chaos. I've done a few fantasy Roleplays where we basically write using the POV of our (created) character. Here's how we did it, there's a separate thread for story discussion (where the rules of the setting are set and the general conflict going on - for example, ask permission for my character to interact with character B, so on and so forth). And then there's an official thread where we write off our part.
Yeah, its a great thing. But I am looking for absurdity
I am quite thoroughly insane, and very interested in Ahem "concentrated chaos"
Are you still interested tho?

hyperkvlt

Lowkey Game Developer
I recall there was one website (now already down) where you write stories and may choose to allow other to join in or not. (You cannot edit somebody writing, only yours. But OP can delete anyone's post)

It was kinda fun when the others play along with you or you just bored and want to randomly write stuff. It got kind of annoying when somebody just go and drop lines like: "gasoline suddently flood the area, lit, and burned everybody to death. End". Fortunately, the Original Poster is allowed to delete the other post or just forbide the others from writing anytime, so those kind of pranksers can be handled somewhat. Though, some abused it to delete anyone they dislike from join in or trolling the others, well that's the internet we all know.

Well, the site never had much of popularity in the first place, many people dont bother to play along and some would even interrupt you, and worse yet the admin just up and disappeared at one point. But yeah, while not long, it was fun while it lasted, so it would be nice to get another shot.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 45782

I recall there was one website (now already down) where you write stories and may choose to allow other to join in or not. (You cannot edit somebody writing, only yours. But OP can delete anyone's post)

It was kinda fun when the others play along with you or you just bored and want to randomly write stuff. It got kind of annoying when somebody just go and drop lines like: "gasoline suddently flood the area, lit, and burned everybody to death. End". Fortunately, the Original Poster is allowed to delete the other post or just forbide the others from writing anytime, so those kind of pranksers can be handled somewhat. Though, some abused it to delete anyone they dislike from join in or trolling the others, well that's the internet we all know.

Well, the site never had much of popularity in the first place, many people dont bother to play along and some would even interrupt you, and worse yet the admin just up and disappeared at one point. But yeah, while not long, it was fun while it lasted, so it would be nice to get another shot.
that sounded super cool.

Ruyi

༺ aureate sect ༻
Listen people, I have lost count of how many people suggested this.
A story written by many authors, all of who are free to edit it and write.

And everytime, the answer is same,
No. Because of internal conflicts.

Which is true, a story is a result of hard work and anyone would be angry if it doesn't go there way.

But, I just had a thought,
What if, I don't care,
What if I don't want to write a story to attract readers, I just want this to see the end result.
What if I don't care that one author killed a character and the next author forgot that he is dead, so he continues.

While I do have some aversion towards smut, and I would like to keep things R15, what if all the authors are free to ship who ever they want, kill whoever they want, resurrect whoever they want, change personalities!
Change writing style!
Introduce new characters!
Break 4th wall to make fun of authors!
Bring chaos!
Make many characters of the same name!
Time travel!

A question may arise,
Well, Agentt, you might not care, but others do. People don't have time to write a joke like this just to entertain you.

The answer to this is,
I am weird, and I hope people who participate are weird too.
bro i have a site that can get you your multiple authors and a completed story in 30min or less
so you can write a bazillion of them if you want

they make writing into a collaborative game after the players agree on the characters and stuff: https://franticfanfic.com/

technically there's no time to edit but you can make a story with multiple people and laugh at the results. it's usually more fun with fanfic since people know what tropes/setting they can play with, but you could agree on a pool of OCs beforehand and dive in.

Agentt

Thighs
bro i have a site that can get you your multiple authors and a completed story in 30min or less
so you can write a bazillion of them if you want

they make writing into a collaborative game after the players agree on the characters and stuff: https://franticfanfic.com/

technically there's no time to edit but you can make a story with multiple people and laugh at the results. it's usually more fun with fanfic since people know what tropes/setting they can play with, but you could agree on a pool of OCs beforehand and dive in.
Thank you! This is a treasure!

Akivien

AGENT YOU BRINGER OF CHAOSSSSS AAAAAH
if you ever start something like this then can i join?

Hazy-mist12

Listen people, I have lost count of how many people suggested this.
A story written by many authors, all of who are free to edit it and write.

And everytime, the answer is same,
No. Because of internal conflicts.

Which is true, a story is a result of hard work and anyone would be angry if it doesn't go there way.

But, I just had a thought,
What if, I don't care,
What if I don't want to write a story to attract readers, I just want this to see the end result.
What if I don't care that one author killed a character and the next author forgot that he is dead, so he continues.

While I do have some aversion towards smut, and I would like to keep things R15, what if all the authors are free to ship who ever they want, kill whoever they want, resurrect whoever they want, change personalities!
Change writing style!
Introduce new characters!
Break 4th wall to make fun of authors!
Bring chaos!
Make many characters of the same name!
Time travel!

A question may arise,
Well, Agentt, you might not care, but others do. People don't have time to write a joke like this just to entertain you.

The answer to this is,
I am weird, and I hope people who participate are weird too.
would be good if it's a system fanfiction that changes worlds so that it has lots of way to improve.....anime world, movie world or whateva even light novels world would be included

Hazy-mist12

Yes, it would be nice, but people are annoying, aren't they?
welp, 1 mc would be fine, also some of the events that happen in that specific world should be altered (afterall mc will be a great variable with his system, he would create a great butterfly effect in the upcoming events) an example for that would be like if in naruto....the mc saved kushina before minato...so kushina would fall inlove to mc....naruto would not be born....so sage of six paths would be forced to pick another person...and that person due to not being naruto would have a diff. personality so the next events like pain attacking konoha and naruto stopping it would not happen....due to naruto not existing....so the powerful ninjas of konoha may be forced to become refugees....or whatnot....like that 😅 sorry it's long