Adventurer's Guild [AGSA] Adventurer's Guild Sky Archipelago - OOC Room

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
*has no idea how to play Go*
'-'

I couldn't even tell you who is winning.

X
The game is about territory! The player who has surrounded more territory is probably leading~

For example, the black/white dots on this picture is an AI estimate of how much territory each player is likely to have by the end of the game~

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
I wish I could get better at go x-x
*pat pat pat* Ganbatte~

You'd probably need to get a book on Go and actively study it to get better... You're hardly going to get much better just by playing... T.T
What is go? Is it yummy?
It's the only board game that I know of that @Way can win against me! ^^)/

Or at least the only one we played that he won... So far I won all the chess and xiangqi matches~
*has no idea how to play Go*
'-'

I couldn't even tell you who is winning.

X
Ah, I see!

Me neither~
It's a board game that people take turns putting pieces on the board. It's quite different from stuff like Chess and Checkers, because your turn doesn't involve moving pieces, but putting pieces instead.

If you surround an opponent's piece on all sides, you kill the piece, and this takes points always from the opponent at the end of the game.

The game is less about capturing pieces and more about capturing territories though. You basically need to count how many squares you captured at the end of the game to see who got more... the one that got more wins~

That's the very rough resume without getting into the specific nitty gritty of the rulings~

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
The game is about territory! The player who has surrounded more territory is probably leading~

For example, the black/white dots on this picture is an AI estimate of how much territory each player is likely to have by the end of the game~

'-'
I don't understand that pic.
'-'
It's a board game that people take turns putting pieces on the board. It's quite different from stuff like Chess and Checkers, because your turn doesn't involve moving pieces, but putting pieces instead.

If you surround an opponent's piece on all sides, you kill the piece, and this takes points always from the opponent at the end of the game.

The game is less about capturing pieces and more about capturing territories though. You basically need to count how many squares you captured at the end of the game to see who got more... the one that got more wins~

That's the very rough resume without getting into the specific nitty gritty of the rulings~
'-'
It both makes sense and doesn't at the same time.
>w<

Too confusing.
@w@

X

Way

Or at least the only one we played that he won... So far I won all the chess and xiangqi matches~
Bah, I was banking entirely on the wisdom of my elders, and more importantly the fact that you were not nearly as familiar xD

If you had half the familarity with Weiqi as you did with Chess I would have embarrassed myself again. Those Xiangqi matches we had were utterly terrible on my end xD

Maybe a rematch?

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪

Bah, I was banking entirely on the wisdom of my elders, and more importantly the fact that you were not nearly as familiar xD

If you had half the familarity with Weiqi as you did with Chess I would have embarrassed myself again. Those Xiangqi matches we had were utterly terrible on my end xD

Maybe a rematch?
:blob_aww: :blob_aww: :blob_aww: :blob_aww: :blob_aww: Way plays go??? Does that mean we can play as well?

I can't remember if I played against Alice, but I have nobody to play with except computers!

Or well, I could play against people but I'm too shy and pvp scares me

AliceShiki

It both makes sense and doesn't at the same time.
>w<

Too confusing.
@w@
Mmmmmmmm, well, it's not that hard to learn since the game doesn't have that many rulings.

I learned the gist of it in one day during lunch break at uni with a group of people that were playing in the benches while they waited for the uni's restaurant to open... It wasn't thaaaat quick (I think he showed me a few different scenarios as he explained the detailed rulings... Must have taken like, 10min or something), but it didn't take that long either.

It's not super hard to get the rough gist of how to play, but I guess it is a bit hard to understand it with nobody explaining the rules proper to you...

Maybe a rematch?
I dunno what Weiqi is... Is that the original name for Go or something? *tilts head*

*pats you about Xiangqi* There there~

I wouldn't mind a Xiangqi rematch though! ^^)/

... But uhn... Well... You're kinda slow when playing, so I wouldn't want another Go match... It would take too long... >.>

I'm a bit too used to playing chess on 5-10min clocks to not go crazy on long tabletop matches! >.<
Alright, will be off to work and I'll maybe be up to post Livio 2: Electric Bogaloo when I'm back...

But before that, someone do me a favor and stab Way for ghosting me again. pls respond
Your desire has been fulfilled, the world has been restored, and everybody is happier~
Basically, the side with the most pieces wins
Not quite... Uhn... The side with most empty spaces being surrounded by its pieces wins.
:blob_aww: :blob_aww: :blob_aww: :blob_aww: :blob_aww: Way plays go??? Does that mean we can play as well?

I can't remember if I played against Alice, but I have nobody to play with except computers!

Or well, I could play against people but I'm too shy and pvp scares me
We never played it ourselves, but I wouldn't mind playing! ^^)/

Reborn_Cat

A lazy cat pretending to be human
Most area, not pieces!

It's kind of like the boxes and dots games where you try to surround area with your line segments. Drawing more line segments doesn't necessarily cause you to win, but rather if your segments surround the most area!
Ah, I was thinking about othello rather than go, My bad. Those genuinely confuse me cause they're so similar.

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Sure, though it's been a while and I've forgotten basically everything. xD
We never played it ourselves, but I wouldn't mind playing! ^^)/
I want to play!!! :blob_aww: If you have an OGS account, we can play together if you want!

Ah, I was thinking about othello rather than go, My bad. Those genuinely confuse me cause they're so similar.
They're both black and white stones! XD
Screen Shot 2021-07-31 at 1.04.26 PM.png

Here's an example from a finished game. You can see here that white won because white surrounded more territory than black. In fact, each white dot / black dot counts as a point for each side, so white won by 99 points (white surrounded 99 more points of territory than black).

AliceShiki

On a random side note, I have been trying (only a very small bit) to convince my boyfriend to play chess with me. I even said I would be willing to play blindfolded to put a handicap on myself (I love playing blindfolded for the record, but your brain kinda starts melting after the 15th move or so), but he doesn't seem to be very interested... T.T
Oi means hi in Portuguese btw, so... Hi hi, I'm Alice! ^^)/
You didn't deny it.
(¬w¬)

X
He didn't indeed~ *giggles*
Finally, I can go in peace
Nooooo, come back! >.<
I want to play!!! :blob_aww: If you have an OGS account, we can play together if you want!
I'm kinda busy today, so it's a bit hard, but I should be free tomorrow! ^^)/

Dunno what OGS is, but I can google it and make an account~

... There is also a chance OGS is the same site I used to play Go with Way, so maybe I already have an account... Dunno~