Writing How to write plotholes?

Anon_Y_Mousse

Semicolon Enjoyer
Yes, exactly what it says, I'm asking how to intentionally write plotholes for a sorta satirical novel I'm writing. you can give any genre of example, preferably fantasy though. I know it sounds easy, but I'm actually pretty stumped.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
... first of, what constitutes a plothole?
Second, is deus ex machina a plothole?
Third, don't type while walking, I nearly fall into a pothole.

Anon_Y_Mousse

Semicolon Enjoyer
... first of, what constitutes a plothole?
Second, is deus ex machina a plothole?
Third, don't type while walking, I nearly fall into a pothole.
An inconsistency in the flow of logic established by the story, basically. Deus ex machina usually breaks the established logic of a story, so it is ig. Also dude, don't walk and type or truck-kun will assassinate you.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
An inconsistency in the flow of logic established by the story, basically. Deus ex machina usually breaks the established logic of a story, so it is ig. Also dude, don't walk and type or truck-kun will assassinate you.
The best I ever got was first by a truck, then a bus and lastly a taxi, didn't get sent off though cuz back then there were no isekai.

Anon_Y_Mousse

Semicolon Enjoyer
The best I ever got was first by a truck, then a bus and lastly a taxi, didn't get sent off though cuz back then there were no isekai.
Was it at least the start of some dramatic love story? Heard if you got hit by a car back in the day and survive you enter some romance drama with the one that hit you.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
Yes, exactly what it says, I'm asking how to intentionally write plotholes for a sorta satirical novel I'm writing. you can give any genre of example, preferably fantasy though. I know it sounds easy, but I'm actually pretty stumped.
how the fuck is every summoned hero who returns have their family either dying, suiciding or kicking them out of their own homes? ALL the returned heroes have this shit happen to them? Sounds pretty sus.

Also, how the hell does the princess of an entire goddamn kingdom get kidnapped just a few yards from her own home...SHE DIDNT HAVE ANY GODDAMN GUARDS? Or did she have guards, but THE GUARDS FUCKING LET HER BAMBOOZLE THEM?

And a favorite: "Im the MC and I'm going to be cold and rational, slowly and carefully building up my power to avenge my murdered brother"
*fucking proceeds to get involved in every conflict that has nothing to do with him*

Anon_Y_Mousse

Semicolon Enjoyer
how the fuck is every summoned hero who returns have their family either dying, suiciding or kicking them out of their own homes? ALL the returned heroes have this shit happen to them? Sounds pretty sus.

Also, how the hell does the princess of an entire goddamn kingdom get kidnapped just a few yards from her own home...SHE DIDNT HAVE ANY GODDAMN GUARDS? Or did she have guards, but THE GUARDS FUCKING LET HER BAMBOOZLE THEM?

And a favorite: "Im the MC and I'm going to be cold and rational, slowly and carefully building up my power to avenge my murdered brother"
*fucking proceeds to get involved in every conflict that has nothing to do with him*
Ikr, why can't we just have a family that treats their son like he had an X year coma or went to prison and help him integrate himself back into society in a wholesome way.
Funny thing is, a princess usually has a dagger with her to protect her chastity, given the nature of magical kingdoms, I wouldn't be surprised if the king gives their daughter some legendary artifact to shank stranger dangers with,

"Oh I'm supposedly cold-hearted and have done evil things for like thousands of years, but there's this girl who is very cute and has a sad backstory so let's help her commit warcrimes and overthrow a kingdom OwO."

SakeVision

Sama/kisama
if you're doing it on purpose, it's not a plot hole

look at alice's adventures in wonderland for a fiction full of plot holes, but since it's intentional, no one calls them such; instead they call it a surrealist masterpiece

Anon_Y_Mousse

Semicolon Enjoyer
if you're doing it on purpose, it's not a plot hole

look at alice's adventures in wonderland for a fiction full of plot holes, but since it's intentional, no one calls them such; instead they call it a surrealist masterpiece
Nah it's like a meta fic, the MC is a god and my plan is sometimes they pull a literal Deus ex machina and break their world's logic to squeeze an interesting story out of one its people or a break in a character's personality caused by divine guidance, unintentionally of course.

Last edited:

Aoi_Sora

*R18 story*

Guy meets grill, grill suddenly falls in love with the guy, grill, who is a virgin, have sex with him, then suddenly grill got pregnant by another guy without having sex.

If this isn't a plothole I don't know what is.

Jemini

*R18 story*

Guy meets grill, grill suddenly falls in love with the guy, grill, who is a virgin, have sex with him, then suddenly grill got pregnant by another guy without having sex.

If this isn't a plothole I don't know what is.
You speak as though you have actually experienced reading such a thing.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
Was it at least the start of some dramatic love story? Heard if you got hit by a car back in the day and survive you enter some romance drama with the one that hit you.
They are all uncles... I don't want a Grid harem.

Anon_Y_Mousse

Semicolon Enjoyer
How about gender bent loli-babas? (I just so happen to have one of those for you.)
Loli-babas are cool too. But they can't replicate the sheer badassery of an old guy who has bulging muscles and a long grey beard. You just feel a sense of security around em y'know.

Underload

Call him blind but have him describe every scene in detail. Keep saying he's a good person, but make him a pervert, a delinquent, and a rascal at the same time. He's the hottest guy in town, but he doesn't shave, flies fly around him all the time. Cat's run away from him, dogs start crying when he speaks.
What else?
His girlfriend loves him very much (It's a delusion). She doesn't let him touch her. Hits him, spits at him.
His parents are dead, but there are people of the same description living next door. He doesn't know because he's blind.

Goddamn, this started as a joke and turned into a comedic masterpiece.

SakeVision

Sama/kisama
Call him blind but have him describe every scene in detail. Keep saying he's a good person, but make him a pervert, a delinquent, and a rascal at the same time. He's the hottest guy in town, but he doesn't shave, flies fly around him all the time. Cat's run away from him, dogs start crying when he speaks.
What else?
His girlfriend loves him very much (It's a delusion). She doesn't let him touch her. Hits him, spits at him.
His parents are dead, but there are people of the same description living next door. He doesn't know because he's blind.

Goddamn, this started as a joke and turned into a comedic masterpiece.

he's blind but he's working as a cashier at Starbucks