Adventurer's Guild Adventurer's Guild - Freestyle RP

Himekawa

Vesper bend down so the pair can get on easier and waited for Watery to get on. At the moment, his body temperature is warm and his feathers soft to the touch.

Tag: @Himekawa OOC: That happens to me sometimes
watery shunted most of her mass to her subspace, leaving herself in the form of a water ball no bigger than a marble. Then, she froze herself.

"If you don't mind, I'll go to the pocket of either of you, Letianna or Geminini?"

Leegood

Vesper bend down so the pair can get on easier and waited for Watery to get on. At the moment, his body temperature is warm and his feathers soft to the touch.

Tag: @Himekawa OOC: That happens to me sometimes
watery shunted most of her mass to her subspace, leaving herself in the form of a water ball no bigger than a marble. Then, she froze herself.

"If you don't mind, I'll go to the pocket of either of you, Letianna or Geminini?"
"You can go in my pocket" I offered watery space in my pocket.

Geminini got on the transformed flying person.

Himekawa

"You can go in my pocket" I offered watery space in my pocket.

Geminini got on the transformed flying person.

Seeing the invitation offered by miss Letianna, watery said her thanks to her and went into miss Letianna's pocket.

Leegood

Seeing the invitation offered by miss Letianna, watery said her thanks to her and went into miss Letianna's pocket.
The feeling in my pocket was kind of ticklish at the start but I got used to it.

Euphoria723

The feeling in my pocket was kind of ticklish at the start but I got used to it.

Vesper spread his wings and took off. He went higher and higher and started the fly forward in the direction they're going, his speed 220 miles per hours. His long tail feathers dragged along the wind behind him. Vesper flew in a northward direction.

"Careful not to fall off."

@Himekawa

Leegood

Vesper spread his wings and took off. He went higher and higher and started the fly forward in the direction they're going, his speed 220 miles per hours. His long tail feathers dragged along the wind behind him. Vesper flew in a northward direction.

"Careful not to fall off."

@Himekawa
I made sure to hug his back tightly to not fall off, with Geminini excitededly laughing next to me.

Euphoria723

I made sure to hug his back tightly to not fall off, with Geminini excitededly laughing next to me.
Vesper wipe his head to look sideways at the group sitting on his back and grinned, then turn back. He slow his speed down a bit so they could look at the passing scenery and he made sure to fly at a height where they could take a good look.

OOC: btw how many ppl is on this quest? Tag: @Himekawa

Euphoria723

Vesper wipe his head to look sideways at the group sitting on his back and grinned, then turn back. He slow his speed down a bit so they could look at the passing scenery and he made sure to fly at a height where they could take a good look.

OOC: btw how many ppl is on this quest? Tag: @Himekawa
They flew for half the day and Vesper lower their flying height so he could get a closer look at below. He want to see if they could spot a good place to rest and eat at. After passing through dozens of tree, Vesper spotted a good spot with nice green grasses.

"Let's go take a rest stop," Vesper suggested.

Tags: @Leegood , @Himekawa

Leegood

They flew for half the day and Vesper lower their flying height so he could get a closer look at below. He want to see if they could spot a good place to rest and eat at. After passing through dozens of tree, Vesper spotted a good spot with nice green grasses.

"Let's go take a rest stop," Vesper suggested.

Tags: @Leegood , @Himekawa
"Sure"

Euphoria723

Vesper landed on the grassy field and folded his wings. He lower his large body so the 3 people could slide down. Once they got off, he took out bean congee and offered them one each.

"I got this bean congee and other stuff," he said. "Do you 3 want sugar cane or some exotic fruits? I have papaya, dragon fruit, others."

Tag: @Himekawa

Last edited:

Bochi

???
Little hands coax life from soil.

A flower blooms at the sun's apex.

The maiden reaches for the everdistant rainbow.

The straight road is paved by the hands of the damned.

A tolling bell preludes the seraph's demise.

Broken you, lonely me.

What becomes of the dreamer at the end of the sky?

detaboker

Gloomy Black-hooded Archer 1(CLOSED)

Today was marked 1 week since Night arrived at the City of Scryble. Because of how dirt poor he was, the first thing that came to his mind was to locate the Guild building and took some quest to complete. One week ago as he arrived at the city, Night overheard some people called themselves adventurers and discussing their quest.

In his 'hometown', or to be exact his homeworld, the concept of Guild also existed. But, instead of adventurer, the people in his world called themselves mercenaries. Therefore as soon as he discovered the existence of the Guild he went to practicing his lost skills again to prepare for taking quests.

After completing his second quest, Night was planning to practice his archery skill again. But as soon as he left the Guild building there was a big shadow that was looming over his head. Just as he looked at the sky suddenly a big black hawk flew and approaching him.

[You back?] Asked Night inside his head.

[What do you think?] There was a middle-aged man's deep voice that reverberating inside Night's head after he asked the question. The voice sounds a little annoyed at his question. Night looked at the black hawk that now perched on his shoulder. Unexpectedly, the black hawk showing a human-like emotion so vividly. It now rolling its eyes at Night.

The voice inside his head earlier was this Shadow Hawk that was Night's familiar. Both of them communicated with [Soul Link], which was a skill that enables the master to talk with their familiar using the connection of their soul. The Shadow Hawk was a beast native to Night origin world. His Shadow Hawk, Laimn was a bit, no ...very special, compared to other Shadow Hawk. In fact, within this hawk body sealed a very terrifying individual.

[Anyway, you gloomy brat, what did you do this entire time I was away?] Asked Laimn the hawk.

[Questing? Making money?]

[Why are you asking me? I knew you a bit absentminded sometimes but this was too much! Listen, boy! I overheard this so-called adventurer. Some of the newbies were taking what they called tutorial quests. Some of them were more rewarding than whatever quest your doing this last two days. Go back to the guild and take this quest!]

| OC: Night | Setting: Scribel City (Outside Guild building) | Word Count: 383 |

Last edited:

detaboker

Gloomy Black-hooded Archer 2 END(CLOSED)

After Laimn reprimaneded Night, it flew away and perch itself on a tree near the Guild entrance. Meanwhile, Night went back to the Guild and came back outside after several minutes.

[Do you get the quests?] Asked Laimn who was perching on the tree.

[Their are hard to complete]

[What?! Are they more hard then slaying those things back home?]

[...*nod*...]

[It's tutorial quests it cant be that hard, can it? What do you need to do?]

[Talk to people]

[Just talk then!]

[...my voice]

[Oh yeah, your voice a little bit... okay I will handle the talking part. They wont notice it anyway.]

[...Okay]

Afterward Night went to the Guild to take the quests again.

| OC: Night | Setting: Scribel City (Outside Guild building) | Word Count: 116 |

Silver

Injured (Closed) Location: Guard dorms Characters: Cassel:

Opening his eyes, Cassel looked around him only to find darkness. With the only thing being the shadow like fog that was parted by his hands. Looking around his eyes froze as he saw a being that he didn't think he would ever see again above him. A dire wolf.

It wasn't just a regular one rather it was the size what could only be describe of countless of guild buildings meshed into one. In the darkness and shadow like fog only it could be seen.

Looking down at him he could only watch as it open it's mouth to reveal countless rows of teeth spanning it's entire mouth shaped like spikes facing him.

Knowing when to fight and when not to he tried to run. But, his legs refused to move. When he tried to pull his sword he realized that he couldn't move his arms. When he tried to twist his body to force himself out of the way he realized that didn't work. Nothing did, the only thing he could do was watch.

Watch as mouth of spikes and death slowly descended onto his body and crushed it.

"AH!"

Opening his eyes suddenly from his bed and gasping at the air in front of him. He looked around him weakly and touched the bandages covering his shoulder it had just been a dream. Just...a dream.

After his incident with the wolf, those he was trained together in the dorm with in fussed over him and despite his insistence he would be fine with a few potions had his shoulder bandaged. With the guards fussing over him warning that overreliance on potions would eventually come back to bite him and that he should rest.

As for the wolf he had slain although the guild could accept the fact he slain the wolf they couldn't allow him to succeed in his quest. And, although they could've accepted the body for some gold he felt that it could better serve the guards there. And, while tough and stringy the guards were happy for the meat.

Such a happy time should've helped his recovery but once he fell asleep those dreams started happening.

Dreams where the wolf had won. Dreams where it had torn out his throat and left him to bleed out. Dream of that maw slowly consuming him. And, it only got worse from there.

Shaking his head he tried to snap out of it. He had gotten too cocky with simply summoning rocks and fighting goblins. He had the face the harsh truth in the world. For all his training, all his teacher hard work, he was still weak.

And, yet he didn't see a way to progress. It was as if he had reached the highest he could go and yet he could still see other people going higher and higher while he could stand still.

Summoning rocks and softening the earth only did so much when faced with absolute power. He needed something stronger, something that would allow him to stand against overwhelming power and speed he had faced before. But, without much he could do he could only drag his body out of the bed and reach for his sword with his uninjured side.

Although his sword skills hardly scratched the wolf. He still felt a sort of ease when practicing with it. As he moved it was clear that his sword wasn't even as close to elegant and simple movements he had executed from before. Rather they were shaky as if they were a fish on it's last breath stumbling through stance to stance.

However even the decline of his swordsmanship skill and the messiness of them didn't change the relaxed look on his face. It was only when his sword chattered on the floor he stopped.

Glancing at his shaking hand, he sighed.

He had already knew deep down even from before his incident with wolf that all this wasn't enough, staying here practicing simply to pass the time and slowly advance was just not enough. But, he stuck to it with some naive hope that with enough of it. It would eventually become a stone for him to lean on.

But, that fight proved that he simply couldn't stay still. He couldn't wait hoping for his teacher to grab his hand and help him move on. He had to do it himself.

Last edited:

Silver

Injured 2 (Closed) Location: Sewer entrance Characters: Cassel:

Quietly opening the door to his room, Cassel peeked into the hallway and slipped out the dorm. Knowing the habits of the others during his time here he easily made it out without anyone noticing.

He needed time to think.

Feeling the cold air on his skin he looked at the star filled sky for a bit before heading out. At first he didn't think much of it since in his old world he could look at whenever he wanted. But, though the training and the quest it seemed like the free time he could spend idly staring at the night sky was becoming smaller and smaller.

As he walked he found his feet leading him to a certain place.

With the sounds of rushing water and he found himself at the sewers entrance. But, rather than being dirty it was rather clear that the slimes although being feared from the wave were doing their job.

Taking a seat in a patch of dirt near the water. He watched as the water filtered though under the night sky.

As he was quietly resting he felt a bump from behind.

"Eh?"

Look back he saw a small slime bumping it's head against his back although it was still dark he could still make out that it's color when compared to other sewer slimes color was little bit darker than normal.

Reflex-fully patting it's head he asked, "What you doing here, don't you know it's dangerous to approach people like this?"

After, patting it for a while and seeing that it had no intention to leave. He couldn't help but smile for a bit, as he said, "You know you remind me of a certain slime. Although they were much bigger than you."

Letting out a deep breath he was hold he couldn't help but find it relaxing after all he went through. But, looking down at the slime that was happily swaying back and forth to his pats. He couldn't help but feel a bit guilty not bringing any food. So stopping for a bit he said, "Let me get you some food and maybe some for that glutton whenever they feel like coming out."

Seeing it sink it's head down in disappointment he added "Don't worry I'm back." Giving it's head one last pat he headed to the tavern to get it some food.

Last edited:

Silver

Injured 3 (Closed) Location: Tavern Characters: Cassel:

Looking up and still finding the tavern still alight. Cassel sighed in relief although he was never too sure of its seemingly rumored magical power that the files said it held in the guild. He was always glad for the owners persistent determination to remain open even when it was this late at night.

Opening the door, he spotted Pierre focused on cleaning out one of the beer glasses. And, the tavern being so late tonight there was pretty much empty. Waving his good hand towards him, he called out,

"Pierre, let me get two of both the lamb and beef skewers to go. And, a strawberry milk for good measure."

"Ah Cassel, alright anything for the guil-...what happened to your shoulder?"

Looking bitterly at his wound he forced out a laugh, "ha ha..a-ah you know the usual when it comes to adventuring. I picked a fight with a dire wolf.. and I just wasn't good enough."

Sighing he closed his eyes for a bit. Maybe it was because he didn't want to see the expression on Pierre's face or maybe it was because he thought it shield him for the jokes to come.

"Ow!?"

Widening his eyes at the sudden pain on his forehead. He looked up to see Pierre facing him with his arms crossed.

"Geez what's with that look Cassel? Do you think this is my first time seeing someone hurt by a monster? You're giving me a tad too little credit here."

Rubbing his head, he sighed and apologized,

"Sorry Pierre it's just...that this is the first time in a while since I hit another roadblock in this world and this time I don't know how I can move past it."

Sighing Pierre uncrossed his arms and said,

"Look Cassel, it'd be better for you just to not to compare yourself to the other people of the guild. Beings of all sorts come from far and beyond through the portal. Ordinar-...close to ordinary folk like us tend to not do so well when trying to match their pace. You should do things that you can do not what others can."

"You know I can't do that Pierre. In this world I already owe a lot to those who helped me. They helped find my footing in this world and helped me reach where I am now. I can't just leave them to dry."

"But, Cassel you know that rushing in the path you are moving on you won't be helping them nor would you be giving them ease of mind. Rather you would only worry them."

"Then what should I do Pierre?! Stay here?!? Do nothing to help them and just watch as they move further and further away?!? I only take take and take from them should I stay still even if I know if they are suffering?!? No! I'm tired of being weak Pierre! I'm tired only able to stand there talk when it comes to their issues! I want to help, I want to be strong enough to help them through their troubles and anything else standing in their way. Just slowly training isn't enough."

"...then why don't you just ask for help Cassel?"

"-I..."

"We both know in this world it takes more than want to become strong. And, although you have had the good luck of meeting friends who have helped you along your path and your desire to help them isn't a bad thing. But, there aren't people who want to help you. Cassel all I am saying is to have a little faith in others. If you just reach out there are plenty of people me included that are willing to help.

"But, what if I disappoint you guys like everyone else."

"Nonsense those of us in the city lived long enough to take a little disappointment and the things you have done so far are no joke. So Cassel believe in yourself a little."

"Gah!"

Feeling a bag of skewer trump against his chest and hearing a bottle of milk slammed on the table. He heard Pierre say,

"So go on Cassel, do what you need to do. If you ask around I'm sure someone in the guards will be willing help. And, if you're still going over this entire guilt thing then give em something before you ask. I'm sure you'll have something in mind."

PS: Sorry Alice for using Pierre again. Ping me if I got anything wrong (I won't invoke your name in this post because again dead RP and I don't wanna bother ya too much.

Last edited:

Silver

Injured 4 (Closed) Location: Guard Dorms Characters: Cassel:

After feeding the slime the skewers and some of the milk. He returned to the dorm. Flopping onto the bed he tried to think of what to give them. The spell book was a nope because although at first hand it looked pretty valuable not knowing how to handle mana and control it made it pretty useless outside the hands of a select few. Catching meat was out of the question although they would like it he didn't think it would be enough repay the debt.

But, there was one thing that came to mind when it came to helping them. Although he didn't know if he had the ability to do it.

Taking care of the organization with the black feather. Although the first attack that came from them did almost nothing at start and were almost nonexistent before the slime tide. Their reappearance after the slime tide the constant attacks they made. Made them a much bigger threat then they current city could handle.

Their attacks often happened at the same time and occurred in short burst before a response could be made. Making it so there wasn't much the guards could do against them. And, with unpredictable nature of the attacks combined with the sudden nature of them made so the counter measures taken could only last so long.

The only good thing about it was the fact that they knew their objective. The city's magic gate.

Although they could probably leave it to die with many of the guild's personal appearing on the streets and outskirts. They still wanted to keep it safe.

So if he could figure out the nature of the attack then maybe he could help the guards take care of them.

Last edited:

Silver

Hunt (Closed) Location: City Streets Characters: Cassel:

Although the attackers rarely left things that could be tracked back to them and disappeared without any traces aside from the bolts they used. He only needed the bolts they used to track them.

Judging by the fact that they could make continuous attacks with the luxury of not picking up after themselves definitely meant there was an outside source providing them with the bolts. And, obviously he wasn't with the same idea with the guards investigating the bolts and finding that it didn't match the craftmanship of anyone in the city rather the techniques used and quality of them seemed be slightly better quality than those that could be found in the city.

Although the idea of sending a couple guards undercover to snoop around the town was talked around for a bit. The shortage of guards combined with idea sending a guard with a lack of armor, back up, and weapon into enemy territory quickly told those with such ideas otherwise.

And, with a flood of shipments coming to the town after the slime tide mudding the waters even more. It converted anything that could be considered hidden weapon material shipments into a helpful shipment meant to help the city.

So in the end it all fell to him. The reason he didn't take the job wasn't because of the difficulty rather it was the danger. Tracking a shipment that was going to a suspicious place wasn't hard. Finding the right one without alerting those responsible behind the attacks was difficult. With their track record of not getting caught and quick escapes. He had no doubt that once they were alerted they would quickly move shop.

So unless he wanted to waste his efforts, he had to be careful.

Pulling the hood over his face, he headed out. Choosing to hide out in one of the ruined buildings near the gate because of the view. Cassel peeked his head over the destroyed window. Touching the sword on his belt, he couldn't help but sigh.

Even though he already knew what to look for this was going to be a long day.

Watching through the window he started sorting through the different shipments he saw in his mind. Herbs, weapons, nails, and wood, and medicine. Not a single one good enough for him to move after came by yet.

However as he was thinking this a new carriage caught his eye. Rather than a trading caravan it was one that belonged to adventurers. In that party there was three people.

The one that was talking to the guard had messy brown haired that looked like he hadn't bother combing. This combined awkwardly put on leather armor, and a loosely strapped axe hanging from his back made his look very disorganized. The second one had short black hair was standing off to the side silently holding his spear upright. His armor unlike the first was properly put on and his stance looked very focused. And, the last one was an hooded figure sitting at the back of the carriage with a bow and quiver slung over their shoulder. Although he could recognized that master that they were technical carrying what was essentially unprocessed firewood into the city from the time he spent as the guild. He couldn't help but feel suspicious for some reason. Because although it was a common sight to find adventurers hauling firewood into the city with the guilds old carts.

It wasn't common to see adventurers hauling it in a caravan in such numbers too. Because to cost to simply even remain in the city was a third of their paycheck and if they wanted to pay for food then they would have to cough up another third and this wasn't even including the cost to even maintain or even house the carriage.

This meant one of two things.

A) They were a guild tasked with gathering lumber for the city. And, were lent a carriage to help carry it in.

or

B) They were part of the attackers who were gathering materials.

Either way he would find out once he saw where they went.

Note to self: Do not store your stuff in the replies it will eventually expire.

Last edited:

Silver

Hunt 2 (Closed) Location: Slums Characters: Cassel

Following them was simple enough with damaged buildings to hide his body and the sounds of them dragging their carriages through the unrepaired roads to cover his footsteps. He easily followed them into the slums. Well what had been slums.

Tattered beyond belief it was in such a state of disrepair he was surprised that the buildings were still standing. But, that wasn't what caught his attention. Rather it was the fact that even though it was late in the afternoon there wasn't any sound that didn't come from people that didn't belong to the carriage group.

The slums, contrary to what some people thought of it, were rather noisy places. The sounds of whimpering children not fast enough being forced to hand over their earnings, the fights between other people clamoring over for food, and silent whines of resignation made by those lying on the floor could be heard for those willing to hear it. This didn't seem to be the case for this world because although the slums seemed occupied it's inhabitants remained silent. It was as if those living there were mute or there was someone making it that way.

As they continued on he began to notice the buildings around them were slowly becoming less damaged the further they marched. But, something he heard from around made him pause.

It was the sound of happy laughter and the little small chatter over trivial things not from the party but from around him. As they moved on and on it was as if they were getting closer and closer to another city rather than the organization that was hunting the guards down.

Although such noises were widespread in the main streets. It was rare for such things to occur in these streets. Since once they happened they wouldn't last for long.

So was he wrong? Could he have followed the wrong group? And what if...

No, regardless of his surroundings he only needed to stay and wait. All he had to do was watch a little more to see if it was true. But, a voice quietly broke him from his thoughts.

"Oi, you can come out now,”

And, peeking out from his hiding place he found the archer amidst his teammates confused looks staring at his hiding spot.

Damn,

Last edited:

Silver

Hunt 3 (Closed) Location: Slums Characters: Cassel

Gritting his teeth, he looked around for an exit. Hoping for an alleyway to slip out from their sight or a couple of conveniently stacked crakes for him to escape across the rooftops.

But, the uncleared rubble and the decapitated state of the homes around him showed him the reality of his situation. He had gotten sloppy.

“Ahhahahaha ha…”

Letting out a bitter laugh he looked at the wall facing towards the group. It truly seemed like his only option left the main road. Although the group was waiting around the corner. At least there weren’t any foot steps for the time being so if he could avoid their attacks he could escape.

Clicking his tongue, Cassel got ready to run. Although there was a risk of getting filled with bolts if the robed man was an archer, it was a far better option than dying.

With his feet about to take a dash, he heard the same voice call out again,

“Man~ I really didn’t want to do this but Cassel you should just come out now. You’re already surrounded and I don’t exactly want to waste 50 bolts on somebody so similar to us.”

“.h-how do you know?”

Even though he tried his best to hide the surprise in his voice. It could still be heard.

“Hm? You shouldn’t be so surprised. After all, with someone as popular as you it would be weirder not to know. Months of carrying slimes in and out of the city without a word asking for pay, a constant helper of the guards of the city, and previous holder of the guild after the master had left without any instructions other than applying you as guild leader. Any one of these would be reason to put our eyes on you, much less all three.”

Hearing the creaking of the roofs on the street next to him. He saw a group of people holding crossbows watching him silently. So he asked,

“...then why are you keeping me alive?”

“I simply think you’d be interested in our cause.”

“Your cause?”

“That’s right, you should have seen it yourself as guild master and endings made for your friends. You should see the treatment of adventurers in this world. You should know first hand that they give laughable rewards for adventurers to do the toughest of things. And, why? Because to them all we are all disposable. Pawns for them to sacrifice for the smallest of crumbs.”

“...”

He couldn’t really say anything as even during the small time he had spent as the guildmaster he knew most of the work done was vastly underpaid. But, the reason was that the guild, although all expansive and wide spread, was stuck under the city whims.

And, to some officials they simply saw the guild as a source of easy labor where the unneeded would flock to.

Hence the budget, the quests, and even the system was interfered with the twisted belief of those few. And, why the promotion quests past rank E were so harsh. As even when faced with the deaths and misery of many adventurers taking these missions, those quests that cause such misery remained unchanged.

But, the jobs weren’t there to give them a profit, rather it was to help the otherworlders build connections with the town. Woodcutting would help build connections to the lumberjacks, guard duty would help their connections to the guards and so on.

This wouldn't last as the guild grew and more otherworlders appeared. The more those twisted influences would wrap around the guild and consume it.

Opening his mouth he asked,

“Then what do you want me to do? With the constant labor being pumped out from the portal it will be impossible to change the guild’s ways. Without taking out those in charge and without guards this problem will be even worse.

“But, what if we had a way to stop that labor?”

Almost whispering it he muttered “.the portal,”

“Yup without it, no free labor, no more wandering, no more tragedies. Things that have happened to your friends will never happen again if this is done. And, don’t you want that Cassel?”

Remembering Okarin’s and Felicia's fates and his lack of strength. He closed his eyes as he shakingly opened his mouth and asked,

“Are you sure?”

“Yup,”

Opening his eyes he took a deep breath and walking out of the alleyway. In the open, he faced the group and said,

“What can I do to help?”
Cough cough* Ahem, all the guild stuff is all stuff from Cassel's perspective. Yup yup :whistle:

Last edited: