You wake up 10 minutes before work/school, but both your legs are asleep. What do you do?

ElijahRyne

Not that Lazy…
I sleep folded over on my self, so this scenario has happened a couple of times…
I manage to get there though

ThatOne

Go on my phone to increase the tension of the incoming doom of being late and then eventually frantically run around, speedrunning any% glitchless to do what I need to do, usually school

Last edited:

Anon_Y_Mousse

Semicolon Enjoyer
I've never experienced sleep paralysis, so sadly I can't relate. Hypothetically speaking, if there were no online classes and I wake up 10 minutes before school, I am fucked. I'm like a good 20 minutes away and that's with no traffic.

If I was an anime girl I would be running on the streets with a single slice of strawberry jam toast in my mouth that for some reason I am not actually, eating and end up dropping because I bumped into someone.

Sadly I am not an anime girl and this would never happen because I would just hold the toast in my hands like a normal person.

gogo7966

banishing a light and a dark. she/her
my legs being asleep has never stopped me before and it wont in this scenario so i would just wake up, get up, and get out there

my workplace isn't really strict about time. i will just sleep more until i feel fit, and go to work later. usually i need one hour of sleep at most to fully recover, else i'll just call sick.

it's better than forcing myself when i feel like dying and making fatal mistake at work.

LinXueLian

Always Handsome
Bah, it'll never happen. I ALWAYS set my alarm at least 2 hours before work/school starts lol

But if I did have the sleeping leg thing, I'd massage them to get circulation back to them. Idk about anyone else but it works for me.

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
Pretend to be a big titty onee-chan and wake the legs with ara-ara titty rub.

However, you don't need to suffer this. The reason why your legs won't move when you do, is because the signal didn't reach your legs yet. You can easily deal with this with self-hypnosis.

What you need to do is look at your clock, set a time to wake up, then lie down on the bed. Keep chanting what time it is and when you want to wake up. For example, if it's now 1am and you want to wake up at 6am, you can say, "It is now 1am. I will sleep for 5 hours. I will wake up at 6am." Keep saying it until you feel tired or drowsy. You don't need to focus on the words either, just murmur it if saying it aloud is a burden. What matters is you know what you're saying.

Sleeping on your back is easier to wake up, but this method can be done with any posture. It won't work at first and you will still need to rely on alarm clocks (set it like half an hour from the time you decide to wake up). But as you keep doing this, it makes it easier to self-hypnotize yourself. Try it every night for 1 month. Once you're used to it, you can only chant it three times like Ai-chan does.

This method has ensured that Ai-chan never woke up late (or woke up late or early by like half an hour from the decided time). Ai-chan has not used alarm clocks since Ai-chan was 20. Ai-chan wish Ai-chan knows this method when Ai-chan was in school.

Last edited:

BlackKnightX

Wake the legs up. If it says, “5 more minute…” then grab a bottle of water near your bed and sprinkle it on your leg.

⚠️Though, be warned. Your legs might get all grumpy and start complaining all the way to your school/workplace.