Be able to post updates to readers

scribesaga

Currently I'm experiencing writers block. It happens. Some weeks I can write several chapters at once, and others I am completely out of gas. During those weeks, where I am struggling to finish, or edit, upcoming chapters, I would like to be able to post updates to the active readers of what is coming up in the future. I'm not talking about posting new chapters, but sending messages to active readers, or subscribed readers, that I haven't forgotten the project and they can expect new chapters soon. Maybe I could even send them small snippets of the next chapter as I'm currently editing it, or teasers of what could happen next.

maybe this should be title, add subscribed readers option? so that readers can subscribe to author updates?

yansusustories

Matchmaker of Handsome Men
If readers follow an author, they will be notified about anything the author posts on their profile. It's enough for short updates so snippets probably won't fit. So I guess we kind of have that already, just for the author in general and not for specific works.

scribesaga

If readers follow an author, they will be notified about anything the author posts on their profile. It's enough for short updates so snippets probably won't fit. So I guess we kind of have that already, just for the author in general and not for specific works.
wow I had no idea lol. sweet :)

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Yes, but if they follow a story without following the author, they don't even get notified of new chapters. Also, I have many more readers than followers. I'd like my READERS to know when I'm done with my maternity leave and ready to update my story again.

yansusustories

Matchmaker of Handsome Men
Yes, but if they follow a story without following the author, they don't even get notified of new chapters. Also, I have many more readers than followers. I'd like my READERS to know when I'm done with my maternity leave and ready to update my story again.
Yes, I meant that more as a workaround for now where you can at least reach subscribers/followers. I do agree that it'd be neat to be able to reach all readers as long as it's for specific stories.
Like, Tapas has this thing where if you put a story in your library, you automatically follow that story and the creator as well. I hate it with a passion to be constantly updated about stories I'm not following and often not interested in either. So I think that this kind of feature needs to be done in a way where it doesn't bombard readers with announcements either which is a possibility considering quite a few authors here have lots of stories.

scribesaga

Yeah, if there’s a long pause between updates I would like to message the readers that I haven’t given up on it. That’s all.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Yeah, if there’s a long pause between updates I would like to message the readers that I haven’t given up on it. That’s all.
i'll be honest, with your portfolio your readers would NOT be dry of content if you were to go on hiatus