What is the funniest fourth wall break in a story that you read?

killwrites

Need motivation
I'm about to pull a Gintama in my next chapter, need some inspirations.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
one of the funniest fourth wall breaks is when I'm engrossed and absorbed into the world of an interesting manga but find out that the last update was August of last year and then comes the realization that whatever I've read isn't real and that I will never see my beloved characters come to a satisfying conclusion and that makes me laugh because it totally invalidates the past few days of reading I've wasted and that's truly hilarious because it proves how much of a fucking shit dumb dick fuck I am who believed in something this fake and gay and untrue

Last edited:

SakeVision

Sama/kisama
I liked when Ryukishi07, author of "Umineko no naku koro ni", inserted goatmen into his fiction, and they represented his fans.

Then these goatmen repeated theories and speculations popular in the fanbase, and the characters in the story basically made fun of them and called them idiots who don't understand what they are reading and don't put any thought into anything.

RaizarP

A Giga Chad
Well, the best 4th wall in anime or manga is gintama.
While movie, there is our lovely deadpool

TotallyHuman

The witch of speculation
I don't remember a fourth wall break that was funny. I remember Deadpool (the first movie, also the only one I watched) tried to make some jokes in fourth wall breaks and maybe they were funny to some, but even assuming the jokes were funny, the fourth wall breaks in themselves weren't funny.

Anon_Y_Mousse

Semicolon Enjoyer
The only funny thing is the most memorable fourth wall break I have read is scary. It's about a fictional character contemplating whether or not their decisions were the result of a random stranger, and they were actually a game character being controlled.

It was an interactive story posted on a forum

ElijahRyne

A Hermit that is NOT that Lazy…
I'm about to pull a Gintama in my next chapter, need some inspirations.
Saiki Kusuo no psy-nan, It is about a Psychic with godlike power, and how he tries to live the average life! Almost every skit has a 4th wall break of some sort. Some are minor, others are obvious!