Post Your Synopsis & Get Feedback

• Thread starter Deleted member 45782
  • Start date

wildan1197_

Title: There’s No Magic In This World!

Synopsis:

Various kinds of monsters such as Goblins, Orcs, etc. Various kinds of races such as Humans, Elves, Demi-humans, Beastkin (cat-eared, dog-eared, and so on and so forth) and don't forget about the Dragons, Wyverns, Demon Lords, and other fantasy worlds stuff that I can't mention one by one, misrepresented or misunderstood.

They are all here.

Kingdom, Empire, Emperor, Empress, Kings, Queens, Nobles, Princes, Princesses, Knights, Female Knights, Butlers, and Maids? They are all here.

Adventure Guild and Other guilds? They also exist.

Currency system? Barter, gold coins, silver coins, and copper coins, etc.

Political system? Feudalism, etc.

I came from another world? From Earth? Yes.

Even though all the conditions to be able to turn this world into a fantasy world have been fulfilled. In this world, there is no magic.

Yeah, the MAGIC here doesn't exist.

Reason:

Is this clickbait enough? And do you think there is a grammatical error here or something else? Thank you in advance!

D

Deleted member 45782

Synopsis:

Various kinds of monsters such as Goblins, Orcs, etc., exist here. Same as various kinds of races such as Humans, Elves, Demi-humans, Beastkin (cat-eared, dog-eared, and so on and so forth) and don't forget about the Dragons, Wyverns, Demon Lords, and other fantasy worlds stuff that I can't mention one by one, misrepresented or misunderstood.

They are all here.

Kingdom, Empire, Emperor, Empress, Kings, Queens, Nobles, Princes, Princesses, Knights, Female Knights, Butlers, and Maids? They are all here.

Even though all the conditions to be able to turn this world into a fantasy world have been fulfilled. In this world, there is no magic.

Reason:

Is this clickbait enough? And do you think there is a grammatical error here or something else? Thank you in advance!
I read an encyclopedia and what should have been a list of tags instead got pushed up into a synopsis.

It is an... interesting way of making a synopsis. Guess that's one way to stand out among the crowd.

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps

Synopsis:

Various kinds of monsters such as Goblins, Orcs, etc. Various kinds of races such as Humans, Elves, Demi-humans, Beastkin (cat-eared, dog-eared, and so on and so forth) and don't forget about the Dragons, Wyverns, Demon Lords, and other fantasy worlds stuff that I can't mention one by one, misrepresented or misunderstood.

They are all here.

Reason:

Sorry to say this, but your synopsis sounds like an info dump. Nobody likes an info dump in the first chapter. An info dump in the synopsis? That's gonna trigger people hard. Just from the above, it feels like a request for feedback on story contents, not a synopsis.

Ai-chan's suggestion:
1. Nobody cares about what the world contains. Unless you're making a travel catalogue, it's irrelevant.
2. You are writing a story, talk about the characters and how they came into being.
3. You seem to be using 1st person narration. Inform the readers of who this narrator is. Was he a student? A financier? Did he die in a previous world or did he fell into another world? What is his background? Did he come from a farming family? Did he has a family in the old world?
4. Who did he meet in the new world? How did he survive in the new world?

Ai-chan would give you an example synopsis, not mind-blowing, but at least you have an example. Unfortunately, there's nothing you provided in your synopsis to suggest what kind of story you're trying to make.

Genre: Evolution, Survival, Action
Title: Evolve to Survive

Currently writing this story as I post this. I just wanted to get some feedback on it.

Synopsis
David finds himself in another world but not before meeting the creator of the new world and the previous world. Unlike the home he, and many others, finds familiar, the new world is both hostile and does not follow the same rules. Creatures that do not and should not exist roam this new world freely. Fortunately, David is skilled and is promised companionship. Whatever that means, David will have to figure it out as he survives the land.
It's a bit too short. It doesn't have that hook. It's not like it is totally bad, but Ai-chan thinks you could do better.

Example (Ai-chan just goes off on what you already given, no idea what your story is about):

David opens his eyes to a foreign fauna. It is similar to a sunflower, but blue, and the petals were teeth! He barely manages to roll away before the 'sunflower' lunges at the point on the ground where his face used to be. The two gods he met in that white space wasn't kidding. This world is completely different. Every step he takes, he comes across new things that aim to take his life. It is like everything in this world, even the ground underneath is hostile to his presence.

At least that's what he thinks before he freefalls into the sky. Yes, into the sky! He was on a floating island! And now he is freefalling. Into the sky!

"Help!!!" David cries out to whoever can hear him.

Suddenly his fall is cut short. Feeling the wind being knocked out of his chest, he breathes in and out roughly, trying to normalize his breathing. As his adrenaline level falls, he realizes that there is a pair of hands holding on to his left arm.

"Why are you flying without wings?" The brown-haired girl with large flapping golden wings behind her tilts her head.

gitagon

Hi guys, I'm a new writer here and would like a review for my work Path of the Invincible Dragon: Invincible Dragon Path

Synopsis

In the Sunken Zika world where the light of the Purple Star shines, Mwana Jua begins his path on the Way of the Warrior just like his ancestors did. He dreams of becoming a Crystal Warrior just like every other child, but he soon comes to realize that there is much more to power the higher he climbs.
His journey is not just to be the greatest, but to bring happiness to his family, to support his love and to fulfil his teacher's greatest dream.
He embarks on a path that crosses life and death spanning across the realms of Demons, Dragons, Magic and even Gods; the Path of the Invincible Dragon.

Link: https://www.scribblehub.com/series/363054/path-of-the-invincible-dragon/

The Andromeda Boy (2).jpg

D

Deleted member 45782

Genre: Evolution, Survival, Action
Title: Evolve to Survive

Currently writing this story as I post this. I just wanted to get some feedback on it.

Synopsis
David finds himself in another world but not before meeting the creator of the new and previous worlds. Unlike the home he and many others finds familiar, the new world is both hostile and does not follow the same rules. Creatures that do not and should not exist roam this new world freely. Fortunately, David is skilled and is promised companionship. Whatever that means, David will have to figure it out as he survives the land.
Your sentence that starts with "Unlike..." had a bit too many commas that made it sound choppy; so i edited it a bit.

What do you mean by promised companionship? Whatever that means? So was it like a prophecy given to him and now he has to find out? I agree with Ai chan. Needs better hook.

Hi guys, I'm a new writer here and would like a review for my work Path of the Invincible Dragon: Invincible Dragon Path

Synopsis

In the Sunken Zika world where the Purple Star shines, Mwana Jua begins his path on the Way of the Warrior just like his ancestors did. He dreams of becoming a Crystal Warrior just like every other child, but he soon comes to realize that there is much more to power the higher he climbs.
His journey is not just to be the greatest, but to bring happiness to his family, to support his love and to fulfill his teacher's greatest dream.
He embarks on a path that crosses life and death spanning across the realms of Demons, Dragons, Magic and even Gods; the Path of the Invincible Dragon.
Edited the first sentence to make it sound less repetitive. Just say Purple Star shines instead of the light that the Purple Star shines, if it shines it can kinda give that reference already. No hook. Maybe if this is a slice of life that you're going for but you still need something to catch onto a reader's attention so they turn the page and read your story.

Of a completely different topic from the previous two synopses, I agree with Ai chan. Please refrain from info dumping in the synopsis. Its not supposed to include everything about your story per se, but just enough to get an idea where the story's direction is going. If one is just listing elements, its putting too much detail out there that, at the same time, is not the kind of detail/info that attract readers into what the story is about, and nor does it provide a hook. Its just listing elements which can be done in a bullet list, not that great for a synopsis.

Last edited by a moderator:

PhillisCreziles

﹤Once a Potato﹥
Title:
This Demon Lord Is No Joke, Idiot, or Fool!

Synopsis:
In the futuristic and fantastical world of Leaurgath, where guns, demons, and sorcery rule, there spreads a ridiculous rumor from city to city that a small circus gang of clowns has declared to challenge the current demon lord in power and overtake his name.
First of all, like really?
How in the world, would a group of clowning idiots defeat such a powerful figure like the Demon Lord?
I suppose this rumor will just die out and never ring true, like most rumors.

But...
Perhaps that isn't the case for this one.

wildan1197_

Sorry to say this, but your synopsis sounds like an info dump. Nobody likes an info dump in the first chapter. An info dump in the synopsis? That's gonna trigger people hard. Just from the above, it feels like a request for feedback on story contents, not a synopsis.

Ai-chan's suggestion:
1. Nobody cares about what the world contains. Unless you're making a travel catalogue, it's irrelevant.
2. You are writing a story, talk about the characters and how they came into being.
3. You seem to be using 1st person narration. Inform the readers of who this narrator is. Was he a student? A financier? Did he die in a previous world or did he fell into another world? What is his background? Did he come from a farming family? Did he has a family in the old world?
4. Who did he meet in the new world? How did he survive in the new world?

Ai-chan would give you an example synopsis, not mind-blowing, but at least you have an example. Unfortunately, there's nothing you provided in your synopsis to suggest what kind of story you're trying to make.

It's a bit too short. It doesn't have that hook. It's not like it is totally bad, but Ai-chan thinks you could do better.

Example (Ai-chan just goes off on what you already given, no idea what your story is about):

David opens his eyes to a foreign fauna. It is similar to a sunflower, but blue, and the petals were teeth! He barely manages to roll away before the 'sunflower' lunges at the point on the ground where his face used to be. The two gods he met in that white space wasn't kidding. This world is completely different. Every step he takes, he comes across new things that aim to take his life. It is like everything in this world, even the ground underneath is hostile to his presence.

At least that's what he thinks before he freefalls into the sky. Yes, into the sky! He was on a floating island! And now he is freefalling. Into the sky!

"Help!!!" David cries out to whoever can hear him.

Suddenly his fall is cut short. Feeling the wind being knocked out of his chest, he breathes in and out roughly, trying to normalize his breathing. As his adrenaline level falls, he realizes that there is a pair of hands holding on to his left arm.

"Why are you flying without wings?" The brown-haired girl with large flapping golden wings behind her tilts her head.
Alright, thank you!

D

Deleted member 45782

Current work: Bōru ni negai, which is a dragon ball XenoVerse/legends mix fanfic.

Here's the synopsis:
An abused Otaku Tsundere gets her wish granted and starts her new easygoing Academy life. Lewds happen, and she's forced into a relationship with a lilac haired devi! This isn't the isekai life she read about?!
Trunks can't wrap his mind around Rhuda, his tsundere girlfriend--but one things for sure, nobody else can have her!
"I'll never love someone like you!"
"You don't have to love me, but you're mine!"
--Xenoverse 2 <<less
Title:
This Demon Lord Is No Joke, Idiot, or Fool!

Synopsis:
In the futuristic and fantastical world of Leaurgath, where guns, demons, and sorcery rule, there spreads a ridiculous rumor from city to city that a small circus gang of clowns has declared to challenge the current demon lord in power and overtake his name.
First of all, like really?
How in the world, would a group of clowning idiots defeat such a powerful figure like the Demon Lord?
I suppose this rumor will just die out and never ring true, like most rumors.

But...
Perhaps that isn't the case for this one.
Its nice. I think the synopsis would probably interest others who are looking for something a little bit more light hearted to read.

Anon_Y_Mousse

Semicolon Enjoyer
This one is honestly a little too long for my taste, so I would probably cut down something, but here it is:

Title: That Time my Alchemist Boyfriend Turned Himself Into a Cute Girl(Alt title: A Seed of Life)
Genre: Horror, Comedy, Romance, Supernatural, GL(?)

Alchemists are gifted individuals capable of germinating a seed that gives birth to life in the form of potions.

Such a thing would only be believable in a more uninformed era, however Carmen is (un)lucky enough to be dating one. It was a shocking reveal at first, but after a few years of being together, it seems she isn’t surprised even when he casually starts making a vaccine for the common cold with cornflakes and milk.

One day, her boyfriend may have come across some questionable material that she read in her free time, and got a little too enthusiastic about fulfilling her fantasies. So, he decided to turn himself into a cute girl for a day.

The day turned out to be much longer than expected, thanks to him accidentally substituting one of the ingredients with a powerful alchemical component: a Philosopher’s stone. The only way to undo the effects of the potion is to counteract it with another one. Sadly, the ingredient isn’t available at their local Omegamart, so their search would be a little challenging.

Oh, and the manifestation of such a powerful force of life is sure to attract the attention of… malignant creatures.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 45782

This one is honestly a little too long for my taste, so I would probably cut down something, but here it is:

Title: That Time my Alchemist Boyfriend Turned Himself Into a Cute Girl(Alt title: A Seed of Life)
Genre: Horror, Comedy, Romance, Supernatural, GL(?)

Alchemists are gifted individuals capable of germinating a seed that gives birth to life in the form of potions.

Such a thing would only be believable in a more uninformed era, however Carmen is (un)lucky enough to be dating one.
It was a shocking reveal at first, but after a few years of being together, it seems she isn’t surprised even when he casually starts making a vaccine for the common cold with cornflakes and milk.

One day, her boyfriend may have come across some questionable material that she read in her free time, and got a little too enthusiastic about fulfilling her fantasies. So, he decided to turn himself into a cute girl for a day.

The day turned out to be much longer than expected, thanks to him accidentally substituting one of the ingredients with a powerful alchemical component: a Philosopher’s stone. The only way to undo the effects of the potion is to counteract it with another one. Sadly, the ingredient isn’t available at their local Omegamart, so their search would be a little challenging.

Oh, and the manifestation of such a powerful force of life is sure to attract the attention of… malignant creatures.
This sounds interesting! I like it; its something that would make me wanna read more. It describes enough to make the story interesting and stand out. And it explains why the guy turned into a girl. It smoothly connects and transitions to other paragraphs in the synopsis. I do think the first part explaining what an alchemist though is better in put in the chapters, to make synopsis more brief and to the point.

Take it with grain of salt, but I think the words in blue can be shortened down to -->
Carmen didn't realize she was dating an alchemist at first. It initially came as a shock but after a few years together...

A slightly shortened version.
Carmen didn't realize she was dating an alchemist at first. But after a few years of being together, she isn’t surprised even when he starts making a vaccine for the common cold with cornflakes and milk.

One day, her boyfriend came across some questionable material that she read in her free time. Wanting to fulfilling her fantasies, he decided to turn himself into a cute girl for a day.

However, thanks to him accidentally substituting one of the ingredients with the Philosopher’s stone, he's now stuck. The only way to undo the effects of the potion is to counteract it with another one. Sadly, the ingredient isn’t available at their local Omegamart, so their search would be a little challenging.

Not to mention, the concoction also attracts malignant creatures...

Anon_Y_Mousse

Semicolon Enjoyer
This sounds interesting! I like it; its something that would make me wanna read more. It describes enough to make the story interesting and stand out. And it explains why the guy turned into a girl. It smoothly connects and transitions to other paragraphs in the synopsis. I do think the first part explaining what an alchemist though is better in put in the chapters, to make synopsis more brief and to the point.

Take it with grain of salt, but I think the words in blue can be shortened down to -->
Carmen didn't realize she was dating an alchemist at first. It initially came as a shock but after a few years together...

A slightly shortened version.
You see my thought process there was because the definition of alchemist varies wildly from fiction to fiction, and at that point people would have wildly different impressions of what it means, so I have to establish it right from the synopsis, though I probably already set some expectations in the "cornflakes and milk" part. Also there's some foreshadowing there with "germinating a seed that gives birth to life", but I guess I can put it in somewhere else.

I will keep your suggestions in mind once I get to finalizing the synopsis.

Pxan02

Title: The Saga of Erik the Unyielding
Genre: Fantasy, Adventure, Action, Tragedy

Erik was an average farmer, hoping for a tranquil life.
That is past now.
Cursed by a witch, now alone and cursed. He travels the world in search of the gods of old that may relieve him of his curse.

---------------

I am not good at writing synopsis as you can see.
The story talks about Erik, a cursed farmer boy. Curses in this sense mean possessed by a demon that somethings appear to him in the form of a putrefying raven head. Even though he tries as hard as he can to appear thought and indifferent, he is hurt. Psychological and emotionally he is often at a breaking point.

Often the only thing that keeps him going is the voice of the demon inside him. If he dies, the demon and he go to hell.

The story is inspired by Shadow of the Colossus, Shogun and Berserk. Most of the story takes place either in surreal lands or in empty and desolating wastelands of ice.

Here is the link: https://www.scribblehub.com/series/122602/the-saga-of-erik-the-unyielding/

D

Deleted member 45782

Title: The Saga of Erik the Unyielding
Genre: Fantasy, Adventure, Action, Tragedy

Erik was an average farmer, hoping who hoped for a tranquil life.
But that is in the past now.
Cursed by a witch, he is now alone and cursed. He travels the world in search of the gods of old that may relieve him of his curse.
Your synopsis doesn't really have a hook to make it stand out. And it mixed past with present tense; do try to stick to one tense more consistently.

It doesn't tell much, but glad you described some bits what your story is like. Can actually use to remodel your synopsis.
The story talks about Erik, a cursed farmer boy. Curses in this sense mean possessed by a demon that somethings appear to him in the form of a putrefying raven head. Even though he tries as hard as he can to appear thought and indifferent, he is hurt. Psychological and emotionally he is often at a breaking point.
In the synopsis, there wasn't much about his curse. Here it at least mentions the demon possessed to him, so it's something at least, even if it feels bit brief. "To appear thought and indifferent," what do you mean by thought? Do you mean thoughtful? Thought is verb. Thoughtful is an adjective that can be used to describe someone. You can also replace thought here with other descriptive similar words like rational, knowledgeable, clever, wise, etc.
Often the only thing that keeps him going is the voice of the demon inside him. If he dies, the demon and he go to hell.
So...it sounds like the demon is a blessing and a curse. It tells him to keep living or both it and him will go to hell. This is actually more interesting can be used in synopsis.
The story is inspired by Shadow of the Colossus, Shogun and Berserk. Most of the story takes place either in surreal lands or in empty and desolating wastelands of ice.
Now the part in blue sounds interesting can be used in the synopsis. Could be, could be not. All depends how you want to word it.

Not the best, but a modified synopsis:
Erik was an average farmer. He didn't want much in life; he preferred to live in simple tranquility. However, that dream ended when a witch cursed him by the way of demonic possession.

The insidious words constantly spewed by the demon tore at him, bit by bit, and pushed everyone around him away. He would have ended it all if not for the fact that he would be condemned to hell, forever stuck with the demon.

To break the curse, he plans to travel far and wide, in search of the gods of old. Will he be able to lift his curse? Or will it stay with him forever?

I may have taken some liberties in filling on some blanks while other parts are based on what you have described the story and the character. But since I don't know how your story truly goes, feel free to modify it to your liking.

Pxan02

Your synopsis doesn't really have a hook to make it stand out. And it mixed past with present tense; do try to stick to one tense more consistently.

It doesn't tell much, but glad you described some bits what your story is like. Can actually use to remodel your synopsis.

In the synopsis, there wasn't much about his curse. Here it at least mentions the demon possessed to him, so it's something at least, even if it feels bit brief. "To appear thought and indifferent," what do you mean by thought? Do you mean thoughtful? Thought is verb. Thoughtful is an adjective that can be used to describe someone. You can also replace thought here with other descriptive similar words like rational, knowledgeable, clever, wise, etc.

So...it sounds like the demon is a blessing and a curse. It tells him to keep living or both it and him will go to hell. This is actually more interesting can be used in synopsis.

Now the part in blue sounds interesting can be used in the synopsis. Could be, could be not. All depends how you want to word it.

Not the best, but a modified synopsis:

I may have taken some liberties in filling on some blanks while other parts are based on what you have described the story and the character. But since I don't know how your story truly goes, feel free to modify it to your liking.

Thanks, you don't know how much you helped me. Also, there was a huge typo, thought instead of tough, in the original synopsis.

I am reading How to Write a Sizzling Synopsis, in order to improve in this area.

D

Deleted member 45782

Thanks, you don't know how much you helped me. Also, there was a huge typo, thought instead of tough, in the original synopsis.

I am reading How to Write a Sizzling Synopsis, in order to improve in this area.
Gl and have fun in your writing! :)
I'm glad it helped a bit. Haven't felt like did much for awhile

GreenHexagon

Error: Forbidden
Try 3?

Title: Fireborn

genre
: Fantasy, Adventure, Action

Long ago, people could control the elements. They called themselves mages and wizards.
As time passed on, humanity lost these abilities, and they soon fell into obscurity.
The once mighty mages and wizards were branded as witches and heretics and burned at the stake.
They say I was born in fire, and that I have potential, but I don't care about 'potential' and 'fate

D

Deleted member 45782

synopsis: The worlds didn't know what to do with them. The first rejected them. The second ignored them. The eighth blessed them.
They were Omega.

Try number 2.

The stories always end with "Thus the hero defeated the villain and lived happily ever after." A few show the reality.
But what if the 'villain' was the heroes own blood?
Srry didn't see number 2. Its still brief.
Try 3?

genre

Long ago, people could control the elements. They called themselves mages and wizards.
As time passed on, humanity lost these abilities, and they soon fell into obscurity.
The once mighty mages and wizards were branded as witches and heretics and burned at the stake.
They say I was born in fire, and that I have potential, but I don't care about 'potential' and 'fate.
Compared to previous versions, the third is better. It tells at least the setting for the world, but it still misses the hook. It barely introduces the protagonist at the end and it just says the protagonist doesn't care about the fate. So since all the things described before that - how will it connect to the protagonist since its not something he cares about? Needs to have some form/idea of conflict stated and what it deals with the protagonist so reader get some idea what plot is about.

And since you mentioned how mages and wizards were burned at the stake, how does it affect him now? If he was the "special one," then someone may have already know him. Especially with a hunt for condemnation for people with magical abilities, wouldn't he be hunted down too? So maybe add something to that to lead on what comes next for the protagonist to face.

Adjusted synopsis:

As time passed on, humanity lost these abilities, and they soon fell into obscurity. The once mighty mages and wizards were branded as witches and heretics and burned at the stake.

They say I was born in the fire, and that I have potential, but I don't care about 'potential' and 'fate.' I didn't care that is, until it came knocking at my front doorstep.

There's a hunt for the chosen one, propheised to alter the fate and turn the tide for mages and wizards.

And now they're closing in..

The sentences I added in red are not the best, but its as much as what can go off on, since there isn't much info given on the story. It gives a hook, something to connect the protagonist to the center conflict of mages and wizards being persecuted, even if he's unwilling too at first. And now it starts the idea with what the story is about, not just the world setting. Do feel free to modify it as needed to your story.

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
Try 3?

genre

They say I was born in fire, and that I have potential, but I don't care about 'potential' and 'fate
Here's how Ai-chan would edit this:

In ages past, humanity was able to control the elements. These people were called mages and wizards.
As time passed, these abilities were lost and the very knowledge of them fell into obscurity.
What was once mighty mages and wizards were branded as witches and heretics, burned at the stake out of fear and prejudice.
They said I was born in fire and I have a potential for greatness and an even greater fate.
I, myself do not care about 'potential' or 'fate'.

Now here is where your synopsis falls off. It's incomplete. You specified that people's expectation is not his motivation. That's fair. But what is his motivation? What does he actually care about? Why would he fight, or not fight? For what reason would he do some things and not another?

This is just Ai-chan giving examples. You could make another line for his motivation, such as for example:
1. All I care about is a life of peace, and I will bring down everyone who'd threaten my peaceful life.
2. I just want to live an average life, that is all that I ask for, all that I ever wished for.
3. If the gods wish me to affect the world, then I shall refuse it with all my might!
4. If the deities high above wish me to be a tool of their judgement, then it shall be they whom will be judged by my very hands.
5. But fate seems to spare me no peace, and so I take up my axe in the name of justice. I shall show them that greatness has come to exact revenge!