How to know if a story is doing good?

ScarletCore

Heyo.
I'm a new poster from another website, and I'm wondering how popularity is based in Scribblehub. What is the average stats of a novel with, say, thirty chapters? The other website I write on has considerably low growth because the readers are very picky, and since scribblehub is bigger, I'm wondering how quick reader bases tend to grow with an individual novel. Cheers!

https://www.scribblehub.com/series/359840/the-king-the-assassin-and-the-villain/
Link to my story, in case someone...wants it? Idk :sweat_smile:

SailusGebel

We don't have such statistics, you should look at it yourself. My advice if you are lazy is to use this thread.

AKnightWithaKnife

Heyo.
I'm a new poster from another website, and I'm wondering how popularity is based in Scribblehub. What is the average stats of a novel with, say, thirty chapters? The other website I write on has considerably low growth because the readers are very picky, and since scribblehub is bigger, I'm wondering how quick reader bases tend to grow with an individual novel. Cheers!

https://www.scribblehub.com/series/359840/the-king-the-assassin-and-the-villain/
What site was it?

EternalSunset0

Heyo.

I think you also need to consider the genre you're writing for. Like any site, SH is geared towards certain genres and covers, so you have to consider those when thinking whether you're doing good or not.

For me, a story with 200 readers in the first 5 chapters might blow a 10 reader one out of the water in a vacuum, but if you consider the context that the 10 reader one has no cover art, no popular tags, unpopular writing style, contains elements that people outright stay away from, and the 200 reader one has the opposite of all that, it's not that fair of a comparison, is it?

I don't have the actual numbers of what can be considered good, so you might have to consult someone else for that.

The linked thread is helpful, but it's also for a general perspective and doesn't grade your work with the "right" competition as what I was saying. Still, if you want to gauge your work against the actual big hits here, that would be a helpful thread.

Anon_Y_Mousse

Semicolon Enjoyer
Considering your novel has the gender bender tag, surprisingly low? I see a romance tag, so if it's between mc and a female, you can move the girls love subplot to the main tags, will get more attention that way.

Maybe change up the synopsis a bit more? Though you didn't ask for advice so just ignore this if you don't want to.

Anyways, you should probably go to the thread mentioned above if you want to know how well you would do.

Last edited:
You're shooting yourself in the foot by only adding the GB tag. Since your story has the GL subplot add GL as a genre.

This only works if the main romance is GL.

Otherwise, you'll end up with a lot of very upset readers.
I mean the story has Romance already, and there is no indication of harem or poly, so it's kind of obvious.

Assurbanipal_II

Empress of the Four Corners of the World
Heyo.

I predict you will have a hard time. You will grow, but slower compared to others.

LostLibrarian

I predict you will have a hard time. You will grow, but slower compared to others.
Compared with you most stories grow slowly... :blob_ghost:

He's already growing faster than my stories. He should be sitting more or less in the middle of the pack until he hits trending... :blob_party:

Last edited:

AKnightWithaKnife

He's already growing faster than my stories. He should be sitting more or less in the middle of the pack until he hits trending... :blob_party:
Maybe if yah posted an actual chapter once in a blue moon
1633366519358.png

ScarletCore

Who's he? Me? If so, then thank you. I never knew I was a man :blob_melt:

LostLibrarian

Who's he? Me? If so, then thank you. I never knew I was a man :blob_melt:

:ROFLMAO:

Don't you know, there are no women on the internet. All just men in disguise :blob_ghost:
Honestly though: It's thanks to my mother tongue, where the neutral form is often the male one and it shines through if I only post half-heartedly...

ForestDweller

When you get constant growth in views per day basically.

Unlike me who's declining in that statistic. :ROFLMAO: