How does everyone feel about Webnovel and how they treat their authors

Lorelliad

If you love me, tie my hair 🎵
My favorite novel, Supremacy Games is on Webnovel, and I'm quite worried about it.

Jemini

Here's a tip on how to stop Webnovel from bothering you with these emails. Put the words, Tibet, Taiwan, Fulan-Gang, or Weiger into your novel somewhere. (Even if it's just a throw-away line in some side conversation.) Do that, and they will never bother you again.

Another option is to say something negative about the CCP.

The_3rd_Book

Pedagogical Cannibalism?
Here's a tip on how to stop Webnovel from bothering you with these emails. Put the words, Tibet, Taiwan, Fulan-Gang, or Weiger into your novel somewhere. (Even if it's just a throw-away line in some side conversation.) Do that, and they will never bother you again.

Why those?

Akivien

Can't they just delete them?

Redemit

Or Winnie the Pooh

Piisfun

Playful Spacetime Dragon
1. I don't use Webnovel, and therefore have no actual opinion.
2. Feel? That would require emotional processing, which I have almost no capacity for (most of the time).

well, duckduckgo refuses to list their site in the search results for a good reason, probably.

when i want to look up the titles of a webnovel translated story, it always give the pirate sites first.

Daitengu

I mean, it's fine for fan fics, but losing rights to you original novel sucks ass. Especially since it's a WORSE deal than a real paper publisher. Then again real publishers hunt for quality, while webnovel is entirely based on quantity.

The_3rd_Book

Pedagogical Cannibalism?
Either you are a troll or being living under a rock. Webnovel belongs to a China owned company, guess whose dirt they don't want to touch.

The most they can do about your story is to take it down on their site.
I just wasn't aware it was Chinese owned. I was pretty sure it was an Asian owned site, but that was just a vague feeling. I also only recognize Taiwan, and Tibet. Additionally, while I've got the idea that the Chinese dislike Taiwan from different novels I just don't keep up or care about the political tension, and stances China has.