Stress Kills Creativity

YuriDoggo

Angery Doggo >ᴗ<
@TypeAxiom @Ninetailed_Furball You guys are so freakin' snooty. Bet you guys wouldn't talk shit to me in real life.

Saying the truth isn't being snooty mate. Suck it up and deal with the truth. Also nice job pulling the "real life" card.
One: I'd totally diss you in real life.
Two: We won't ever meet so why bother bring real life into the equation?

Seriously, it's not every day that you meet someone stuck on such a high horse, and with nothing of actual substance justifying their snobbish attitude.

You're way more snobbish for calling me snobbish.
:blob_sir: I speak the truth. I mean, look through your entire post history and Discord chat history.
Anyways, as snobbish as I may seem, it seems to be only toward a select few people. I wonder what those people have in common?

Oh right--they're insufferably full of themselves, derailing conversations to advertise their own work, insulting others... oh, and thinking that they don't argue since they know that they're right, therefore there is no need to argue at all! I wonder which people I'm talking about.

Bro, like, let go. It's not - it's not that big of a deal. It was like 1,000 years ago, another life time.

Well, I am pretty great. And even if I'm not, I'm sure trying to be great will at least make me better than if I didn't. I do not recall advertising very often. I apologize for derailing, but I don't think anyone cared enough to think that. Most people don't care. You gotta get some thicker skin, pal. People hurt me all the time, but I always forgive them, always. It's pointless to argue with people who won't change their minds. Simply think of me as an idiot. And it's never wise to argue with an idiot. Often times they'll just repeat themselves... I hate idiots so much...

Find happiness within before looking for it outside. It's rude to inconvenience people. I have no interest in playing with you.

And lo, the great Scribbler is preaching again. To think all this started because you couldn't accept that you were being rebuked for insulting someone. Thick skin indeed.

Also don't worry, you actually don't derail much. Especially not compared to a certain someone else, but I digress.

Last edited:

Scribbler

Saying the truth isn't being snooty mate. Suck it up and deal with the truth. Also nice job pulling the "real life" card.

Seriously, it's not every day that you meet someone stuck on such a high horse, and with nothing of actual substance justifying their snobbish attitude.

:blob_sir: I speak the truth. I mean, look through your entire post history and Discord chat history.
Anyways, as snobbish as I may seem, it seems to be only toward a select few people. I wonder what those people have in common?

Oh right--they're insufferably full of themselves, derailing conversations to advertise their own work, insulting others... oh, and thinking that they don't argue since they know that they're right, therefore there is no need to argue at all! I wonder which people I'm talking about.
Bro, like, let go. It's not - it's not that big of a deal. It was like 1,000 years ago, another life time.

Well, I am pretty great. And even if I'm not, I'm sure trying to be great will at least make me better than if I didn't. I do not recall advertising very often. I apologize for derailing, but I don't think anyone cared enough to think that. Most people don't care. You gotta get some thicker skin, pal. People hurt me all the time, but I always forgive them, always. It's pointless to argue with people who won't change their minds. Simply think of me as an idiot. And it's never wise to argue with an idiot. Often times they'll just repeat themselves... I hate idiots so much...

Find happiness within before looking for it outside. It's rude to inconvenience people. I have no interest in playing with you.

Wintertime

King of Nothing
Bro, like, let go. It's not - it's not that big of a deal. It was like 1,000 years ago, another lifetime.

Your view on life, in general, is very narrow-minded and quite prejudiced. You have a very high ego, but with nothing to back it up, the words of a fool are often the loudest. When the majority of people say you are doing something wrong or being disrespectful, then there is something going on than what meets the eye, and you should look to improve by yourself instead of denying such things.

Find happiness within before looking for it outside, as you say.

Azrie

Redemption Seeker
In terms of vocabulary, being probably one of the most verbose writers on this site, I can tell you having an extended vocabulary isn't as important as how you envision your story and put it to words. Bear your heart out, and while some will attack you, others will feel the dedication and enthusiasm in your words.
Learn to grow confident in yourself and your works, while always striving to grow, and you'll one day look behind and marvel at what you have accomplished.

Hmm... I am not particularly talking about vocabulary per-say. It's just more of not really knowing how to write it out, or just deciding if its the best thing to write it out as. "Is this playing as it should play?" It's a constant question that pops in my head when I am writing, sometimes it goes great and sometimes I end up rewriting the same paragraph a good five times before I think its how it should be.

I have found that when I first started writing it felt stiff, it felt as if following a guide book; do this, do that, don't do this. In the end, one has their own style of writing things out, but sometimes it just makes me wonder if the formating was the adequate one to use. So, sometimes I just struggle writing something because it's unfamiliar, it's not something I have done before. For example; I've been feeling down lately, I like having things perfect. Anyway, I researched about 40 to 50 hours in metallurgy, and people said it was amazing, but others pointed out flaws I never came across, it's frustrating, it's discouraging. "Where did I go wrong? Am I not putting in enough effort?" Is the question that pops in my head whenever the huge amount of research I did was pretty much useless and wrong for the most part. Of course, it's a learning experience, but I just feel like I am feeding people trash when said thing is entirely wrong or could be considered half-baked.

Writing is an evolving process, it also makes you grow as a person, but there are things that simply won't change in me. So, tl;dr... I am just annoyed by the lack of inexperience which can result in something more difficult and taking way more time to write than it should. I am not a big fan of "flowery-smooth" words if you will. I feel like the overuse of those is just niche at best, if you can put it in a simple and eloquent way then it's better for everyone. So I don't really bother with vocabulary too much unless a word repeats itself too many times, in that case, I will just use a synonym, but that is a rare thing.

Scribbler

Your view on life, in general, is very narrow-minded and quite prejudiced. You have a very high ego, but with nothing to back it up, the words of a fool are often the loudest. When the majority of people say you are doing something wrong or being disrespectful, then there is something going on than what meets the eye, and you should look to improve by yourself instead of denying such things.

Find happiness within before looking for it outside, as you say.
If you're going to claim something then have a reason. Be original. Have your own thoughts. Walk your own path instead of attempting to talk down a stranger.

Scribbler

And lo, the great Scribbler is preaching again. To think all this started because you couldn't accept that you were being rebuked for insulting someone. Thick skin indeed.

Also don't worry, you actually don't derail much. Especially not compared to a certain someone else, but I digress.
You're boring.

I'm blocking you.

Ninetailed_Furball

Hmm... I am not particularly talking about vocabulary per-say. It's just more of not really knowing how to write it out, or just deciding if its the best thing to write it out as. "Is this playing as it should play?" It's a constant question that pops in my head when I am writing, sometimes it goes great and sometimes I end up rewriting the same paragraph a good five times before I think its how it should be.

I have found that when I first started writing it felt stiff, it felt as if following a guide book; do this, do that, don't do this. In the end, one has their own style of writing things out, but sometimes it just makes me wonder if the formating was the adequate one to use. So, sometimes I just struggle writing something because it's unfamiliar, it's not something I have done before. For example; I've been feeling down lately, I like having things perfect. Anyway, I researched about 40 to 50 hours in metallurgy, and people said it was amazing, but others pointed out flaws I never came across, it's frustrating, it's discouraging. "Where did I go wrong? Am I not putting in enough effort?" Is the question that pops in my head whenever the huge amount of research I did was pretty much useless and wrong for the most part. Of course, it's a learning experience, but I just feel like I am feeding people trash when said thing is entirely wrong or could be considered half-baked.

Writing is an evolving process, it also makes you grow as a person, but there are things that simply won't change in me. So, tl;dr... I am just annoyed by the lack of inexperience which can result in something more difficult and taking way more time to write than it should. I am not a big fan of "flowery-smooth" words if you will. I feel like the overuse of those is just niche at best, if you can put it in a simple and eloquent way then it's better for everyone. So I don't really bother with vocabulary too much unless a word repeats itself too many times, in that case, I will just use a synonym, but that is a rare thing.
Ah, sorry if I wasn't clear enough. That response was responding to what @Scribbler has written about your post, directed again towards you. I just don't like it when people give bad advice or discourage creators for no good reason. Especially the latter, as the former is often subjective and/or unintentional.

When it comes to research, a lot of it comes to researching the right things. For example, metallurgy is a quite wide subject, but your story is about blacksmithing specifically (at least your recent chapters were), so it would be best to research that specifically, while branching off when you come to things that further interest you or have questions about. Watch a video about how a real modern sword is made, then try to see what the differences between the modern methods are compared to the period you're writing about, for example.

This is how I do it at least, though I do a lot of supplementary research since I just like doing that. I check out how to make soap, then end up watching like 10 videos on homemade makeup or something because I just happened to stray that way even though I never intended to include such a thing in my story.

There are goods and bads to it, and you'll always find people who know more about a particular subject than you could possibly know. All I can say to that is to do your best and don't be discouraged. When people point out your mistakes, consider it a learning experience rather than a strike against you. Maybe you'll write a similar scene in the future, in which case you can fix that mistake? Or maybe you'll edit the chapter to publish it professionally, in which case you have an opportunity to take the criticism and make your story better.

It's not about doing things perfectly, but just doing it to the best of your abilities, and to always strive to improve. That's all.

Also @Scribbler , stop insulting people so much and derailing threads. I think this is the third time you've actively derailed a thread in which I followed, and between a third to half of your posts are of the disparaging variety. And that last post of yours is little more than having a public tantrum. If you're going to block someone, don't announce it to the world, just do it quietly and forget about it.

YuriDoggo

Angery Doggo >ᴗ<
When it comes to research, a lot of it comes to researching the right things. For example, metallurgy is a quite wide subject, but your story is about blacksmithing specifically (at least your recent chapters were), so it would be best to research that specifically, while branching off when you come to things that further interest you or have questions about. Watch a video about how a real modern sword is made, then try to see what the differences between the modern methods are compared to the period you're writing about, for example.

This is how I do it at least, though I do a lot of supplementary research since I just like doing that. I check out how to make soap, then end up watching like 10 videos on homemade makeup or something because I just happened to stray that way even though I never intended to include such a thing in my story.
Also, researching can be a good way to de-stress, since you're not under pressure of producing or exercising your rapidly drying supply of creative juices. On the contrary, researching can help you get more ideas and let you relax a bit while you read through some papers or watch an informative video.

While on the topic of research, a warning to not go down into a research rabbit hole is probably warranted.

... I should probably take my own advice more seriously.

tbh research isn't really my thing.

what i did was including the things I had interest in reading in my spare time.

and I made my concept in a way, if I had no interest, I don't have to bother including it.

except if what you mean research is browsing wikipedia to add some little details i might miss.