Writing Prompt What would you do if you gained the ability to turn water into steam, through sight, what would you do? Why would you do it? How did you gain it?

ElijahRyne

Not that Lazy…
Spider made of steam turned me into steam man. The government has captured me and is currently forcing me to provide energy to the entirety of the USA. Why? Because my power is akin to a non-radioactive, nuclear reactor. Please help………….. If I try and kill my captors they will send the drones again…

super straight male & the opposite sex of female
Power to kill people, and no more need to piss

SailusGebel

how would you even do that? you have to see the water to evaporate it.
the most you can do is give people really dry eyes.

Jemini

Get a job at a power plant, and enjoy my days just lounging about and occasionally glancing at the transparent window to the water chamber under the turbine every now and then. Meanwhile, getting payed the freaking big bucks for having such a singular power that can replace the need for so many resources.

Just getting payed 10% of what those resources would cost would be one of the biggest win-win situations in history.

MR.DANTE

depend, if i can controll the steam afterwords or not and if i can do it thought cameras or if I have to be within sight, still I would probabily troll around making few thousands liters of ocean water evaporate at once where people can see it happen all around the world so everyone would be super puzzled and scientist would try super hard to figure out how without success, then I would laugh at all the possible explanation people come up with without telling anyone

Last edited:

super straight male & the opposite sex of female
how would you even do that? you have to see the water to evaporate it.
the most you can do is give people really dry eyes.
Just stab them. But question does it have to be physical sight or can I look at a camera in them

Leyligne

Hrm... Steam. Considering the amount of heat you’d need to generate to do actual steam, y’know, enough to cook your own meat? I tend to think we’re talking about a cold steam, which would still drive the power plant, but really, you’d be the villain known as dry eye. Unless you want to be, like, evil? Reservoirs and lakes vanishing in a flash? Emptying the aquifers? Yeah, you’d deserve being chained up in a hydroelectric plant, Dry Eye is just too evil.