Writing Prompt You wake to find you have the ability to move light, what do you do.

BigHoodieBoy

It’s all types of light, however you can not create light, and as it’s just light, it can not be fired as an conventional offensive attack.
Better think hard how you can if you can wanna harm someone :s_wink::blob_wink:

ElijahRyne

A Hermit that is NOT that Lazy…
So basically refraction of some sort?
1. Invisibility would be easy
2. Create a lens then I have a laser
3. Do I only have control over visible light?
4. Microwaves, How would you like to be cooked?
5. UV big invisible laser
6. X rays can easily kill
7. Gama rays a lot = death
8. I could create illusions
9. I could probably also create magnets
10. Wait, can’t I also just create dark spots?
11. Fry electronics
12. Intercept communication

So much more. Having control over a fundamental particle could be scary…

Southdog

Caustic, handle with caution
i immediately use my lightbending ability to provide concert visuals for my favorite local bands. I use the money I make from my superpower to buy a gun.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
i will probably use it heavily for the first week before toning it down and completely forgetting my ability next month

what good is moving light other than being a mild nuiscience or doing some light shows. you still gotta move around and move individual lights. what if they intersect? do they count as one light? how much light can i control? can i move the sun? if so, i need that sun, so my power's ultimately pointless unless I'm suicidal and wanna take everyone with me

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
It’s all types of light, however you can not create light, and as it’s just light, it can not be fired as an conventional offensive attack.
Just going to use it to annoy the people I disagree with. Lol

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
Try and sell myself to the government? Cuz this is a genuine useless ability to me, especially when I lack the creativity to make it work so I just yeet my problem to the govt.

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
Move... light? If you were to say move a 'ball of light' or 'enchant something to give out light', a lot of things can be done.

You can bend light or change its path. You can move the source of light, but you can't 'move' light. And light requires a source because from there, light will always move straight forward, one way, it can't go back or make turns.

If you say that, "Look at this light, I can move this light." Then you worded the question wrong. This thing you move is the source of light, not light itself. Light that stops moving ceases to exist. This means that if the character can move light in the strictest of the wording, then he can basically deny light to anyone. As in, he prevents light from reaching the person by annihilating light through stopping it.

Or on the opposite end, accelerate the light (we're talking about fantasies, so why not?) to beyond the speed of light and cause the target to evolve or mutate, or simply grow old or turn back time.

Last edited:

Leyligne

I put the mirror and prism away and get back to cramming for that monstrous Physics final. Lousy all-nighters have me borderline delusional.

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
Do we have the ability to move the scource of any light or just the light it gives off? Depending on the answer you either get the ability to throw suns around or "just" optical campuflage and infinite blend grenades.

BigHoodieBoy

Do we have the ability to move the scource of any light or just the light it gives off? Depending on the answer you either get the ability to throw suns around or "just" optical campuflage and infinite blend grenades.
Just the light it gives off

What's the limitations on this, cause if I can move as much light as I want, I can effectively look at what's happening another galaxy away from my house.
The limits are that it’s only the light, not the source and your imagination

ConansWitchBaby

Da Scalie Whisperer
If I got no limits with it, I'd test to see if I can create a beam that goes one direction and loops straight back to the origin. See if the universe is a closed space or infinite. If not, halo. Just make myself a halo and pretend to be a retired grumpy angel.

YueLqn

turn down the light.
its too bright hhh

Lloyd

Professional Writer
Lasers bitch! I ain't gotta explain shit!