What are authors?

KrisVFX

God of Creation
This may sound a bit weird and random, but hear me out!
What if authors have slight memories from their past lives, and they decide to re-live them through their Novels?
So every Novel out there are just forgotten memories of their past lives.
Idk what I'm saying, it's 3 am and i have school in 4 hours... 🤣🤣😅
Anyway, let me know your thoughts on this one.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
though most authors will write several books. does that mean that they are remembering several past lives? if these stories are based in another world then does that mean that they've experienced a portal fantasy or isekai? if so then what is a past life? did it really happen in the past or possibly the future and we are having a premonition? I'm pretty sure that I was never a time god or a wizard with a Russian familiar. I'm definitely certain that I never tripped balls with Kronos and Hades. However, that would be fun.

Aefener

Definitely escapism... at least in my case. I consider writing the best therapy. :unsure: Some stories of mine will always stay unpublished for that exact reason. :ROFLMAO: But I also think it's an excellent hobby - very proactive if compared to reading or videogames. :geek:

Shard

Keeper of Fluffy Tails
The way I see it, authors are people who create a world and observe its actions. We are gods to the worlds we create, though at times the characters within them can display free will and go against your own plot, depending on how you design your personal reality that you observe.

In my case, characters go against my plans all the time already, which is somewhat annoying. And I'm still just a novice with barely any writing done.

Chaos_Sinner777

Imprisoned Soul Seeking Isekai
Does that mean that I really am my Authorsona Chaos? Well, not that I needed you to give me that idea, given that I already knew it to be the truth.

lnv

✪ Well-Known Hypocrite
Authors are drug dealers.

Entice readers with drugs (chapters) and leave them in withdrawal (no next chapter button)

SuperHeiyan

If it was memories from the past lives how comes that we can change outcome of the already written event, when we don't like what we wrote, by rewriting it with something else and then continue to write the story without additional difficulty, despite the fact that our rewriting of that event massively changed outcome of the whole story?

KrisVFX

God of Creation
If it was memories from the past lives how comes that we can change outcome of the already written event, when we don't like what we wrote, by rewriting it with something else and then continue to write the story without additional difficulty, despite the fact that our rewriting of that event massively changed outcome of the whole story?
Maybe It's something that our past self hoped to happen or maybe, our memories aren't clear enough to write them with ease. That's why most of the authors have difficulties in writing.

SuperHeiyan

Maybe It's something that our past self hoped to happen or maybe, our memories aren't clear enough to write them with ease. That's why most of the authors have difficulties in writing.
And when one author continues to write the story started by another?

KrisVFX

God of Creation
And when one author continues to write the story started by another?
Idk, maybe they are soulmates that witnessed the mc's journey. Or someone who happened to be in the same past life as them. There are infinite possibilities and one of them could be that someone had the same kind of life as someone else.

Mihou

Firefly—
We are gods to the worlds we create, though at times the characters within them can display free will and go against your own plot, depending on how you design your personal reality that you observe.
I personally disagree with "we are gods to the worlds we create". I always think of myself as the spectator, viewing the life of someone who we know as the main character. I never felt that I created the worlds or the characters of the stories I've written, but then again, this simply how my thought process works. This has always been a debate inside my head though, "Are we the creators or are we the spectators trying to remember the entire lives of someone, attempting to write it line by line until we can really remember their entire life?"

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
I personally disagree with "we are gods to the worlds we create". I always think of myself as the spectator, viewing the life of someone who we know as the main character. I never felt that I created the worlds or the characters of the stories I've written, but then again, this simply how my thought process works. This has always been a debate inside my head though, "Are we the creators or are we the spectators trying to remember the entire lives of someone, attempting to write it line by line until we can really remember their entire life?"
I would agree with the idea that we are the gods of the worlds we create. As for your idea that we are spectators. Well, consider that you have given your characters free will. It's not up to you what you do yet you are still their creator. Kind of like Christianity where everyone has free will yet God created all of them as well as the world they live in with a set of rules.

SuperHeiyan

Idk, maybe they are soulmates that witnessed the mc's journey. Or someone who happened to be in the same past life as them. There are infinite possibilities and one of them could be that someone had the same kind of life as someone else.
Infinity possibilities makes probabilities of such coincidence infinity small.
Now it's time for an ultimate argument against your theory. Smut stories where stuff that goes against human physiology is common, despite having humans Earth as a characters. Checkmate.

Last edited:

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
If there are alternate universes at different points in their advancement in technology, that is quite possible. I think of my story as me in an alternate universe that is very close to this one, except that Seto and Mokuba Kaiba exist there, I married my husband at 21 instead of 29, and I only spent five months, not five years, with the ex-boyfriend who hid his meth habit from me all that time.

KrisVFX

God of Creation
Infinity possibilities makes probabilities of such coincidence infinity small.
Now it's time for an ultimate argument against your theory. Smut stories where stuff that goes against human physiology is common, despite having humans Earth as a characters. Checkmate.
As i said before there are infinite possibilities to those few 'coincidence' possibilities. Idk what I'm saying... maybe everything we know it's just wrong or we still haven't discovered yet.
There may be infinite universes where our logic won't even apply or even sound impossible for us. There are even chances of universes where magic is possible. We may call that 'magic' but who knows what principles that thing has.
Idk why I keep replying but the thing is, there are no possibilities that exists, and the other way around. Maybe we are wrong, maybe we are right... who knows.

KiraMinoru

Untitled Generic Member
You know, it could just be M theory where we’re just seeing other worlds and writing down what we see happening in them rather than them being past lives. Those other parallel universes may just resonate on wavelengths close to our own such that it overlaps with the thoughts of certain conscious beings which allows them to see glimpses of those endless worlds. As the brain matures, the wavelength of frequency they’re attuned to changes which alters what worlds we can or can not see any longer which results in writer’s block.

SakeVision

Sama/kisama
deep thoughts
we all wish for that connection with someone in life
even if
that someone is just our past self

BUT THERE'S NOOOOOOOTHING neither before life nor after death
ahahahahhaahhahahhahaha.wav