Mass-replace keyword from chapters.

Mihou

Firefly—
Idea
I would like to suggest a feature that allows, us authors, to be able to mass-replace a keyword from our chapters from our dashboard.

Purpose:
This would allow us to fix something such as a miswritten name, or replace image links without having to spend an entire decade going through all our chapters and searching for the ones with the keyword.

Possible Implementations
There are multiple ways to implement this, but the simplest that I can think of right now would be a window that has two fields, one field is the keyword to search and the other keyword would be the replacement for that keyword. An example would be similar to VS Code's Find and Replace.
1634878581886.png

There is also the route of having something similar to the already implemented search keyword on all chapters (the one where you select word(s) on a chapter and press search, but instead of a simple search, you could add a checkbox next to the items to select which chapters or parts of a chapter do you want to replace keyword from.

Personal Reasoning:
I am thinking about changing the domain where all my banner images will be hosted, but I am also using the old domain on literally all my stories (over 450+ chapters) and that would be a hell to go through to simply change the banner images which is why I feel like this feature really would be handy.

Image Concept:
1634879717405.png

1634878976726.png

Last edited:

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
That sounds like a nice way to change a character's name. There's one I've been thinking of changing.

Anon_Y_Mousse

Semicolon Enjoyer
As someone who accidentally fucked up the name of a major place in my story and didn't notice for over 80k words, I'm all for this.

YuriDoggo

Angery Doggo >ᴗ<
This is a niche thing, but when it comes in handy, it comes in REALLY handy. I support this!