Best time to post chapters

Orademo

Hello, as you can see in the title I am wondering what time of the day has the most active readers?

GigaBigaBear

It's relative. Many people from many countries, with different time zones.
What I think that can make difference a bit is the day, since we have the chap/week system.

Last edited:

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme
It's relative. Many people from many countries, with different time zones.
What I think that can make a few different is the day, since we have the chap/week system.
Yeah but if we knew what part of the world the majority of SH's user base is in we could have a rough idea of when peak hours are. Like for instance, the statistics for webnovel. I can check right now and see that the majority of my readers are in the U.S which likely means i should be posting in the afternoon especially on weekends.

But SH is different, it has the latest chapter update system, which I don't think webnovel's does have. So if anyone, maybe Tony, is able to tell what parts of the world SH is most popular in we can use that to guess peak hours. All we gotta do is factor in work or school hours in those areas. Or, well, maybe T-man can tell us specifically so we dont HAVE to guess. Though i myself dont really care. Haha. My updates times are pretty atrocious.

GigaBigaBear

Yeah but if we knew what part of the world the majority of SH's user base is in we could have a rough idea of when peak hours are. Like for instance, the statistics for webnovel. I can check right now and see that the majority of my readers are in the U.S which likely means i should be posting in the afternoon especially on weekends.

But SH is different, it has the latest chapter update system, which I don't think webnovel's does have. So if anyone, maybe Tony, is able to tell what parts of the world SH is most popular in we can use that to guess peak hours. All we gotta do is factor in work or school hours in those areas. Or, well, maybe T-man can tell us specifically so we dont HAVE to guess. Though i myself dont really care. Haha. My updates times are pretty atrocious.
Haha, in the end, it's all up to our own time, balancing RL stuff with writing.
A interesting tool is the scheduling of chaps; was really convenient for me sometimes.
Personally speaking, I also don't care very much, cause I feel like I would end rushing just to post.

Ace_Arriande

While I don't know the specifics in regard to SH, I imagine it's much the same. This question gets asked a million and one times at Royal Road, and the admins always answer that it doesn't matter. There is a very small boost in activity for a couple of hours after work/school is out for Americans but, other than that, the potential readers is more or less the same at all hours. We're talking like an increase of maybe 5% more readers online at most at "peak" hours. Then there's the fact that trying to post during those peak hours means that you'll show up in recent updates for a shorter amount of time as it also means that more authors will be updating then. So, really, don't worry about what time has the most active readers.

Kotohood

Noob Author
I've read a research paper on this and that the conclusion was that the best time to post is on monday during lunch hour.

Statistics wise they say it's about a 5% increase in active user base over the average mark. Worst time is on friday night I believe with a 2% drop in active readers.

Do note that these are for Articles and not web novel chapters so I don't know how it fares over here.

There is also this website article where researchers poll the engagement for various social media websites. I thought it might be relevant so I'm just going to post it here.

Data seems to conclude that best time to post is during the weekdays between lunch and in the evening. Data also concludes that weekends are often the time with the least viewer engagement.

Of course SH is a international website. But I assumed the data could be mapped to bigger audience, so weekdays are probably your best bet. Monday's or Wednesday's.

Do take this info with a grain of salt. My word is not absolute.:blob_reach:

jinxs2011

Spud Cannon
It doesn't particularly matter when you post. On RRL most authors know the peak traffic times, and quite a few schedule their chapters then, in hopes of more people seeing their chapter. The result? The 'latest chapters' section during that time will only show a new chapter for a matter of minutes before it gets pushed down by all the other posts, whereas on quieter times, it could stay there for 2-3 hours.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
i usually find that if you live in the eastern side of the hemisphere, posting 12 hours would get you the average views you need to bump the numbers. If you live around the american continents, 9 - 9 30 pm would be the best time.

I recommend sticking to a routine in when you post your chapters. It'll attract certain visitors who check the site on that time frame and, if Lady luck decides to smile brighter than usual, grant you a reader for your story.

Arexio

Coffee Addict
This question gets asked every week.

The responses are mostly the same.

Anyway, hope everyone is enjoying ScribbleHub.

:blob_popcorn: :blob_popcorn: :blob_popcorn:

:blob_paint::blob_party::blob_highfive:

Yorth

Swordman
rather than focusing on which hour has the most amount of readers, I would try to go for which hour has the least amount of writers. The reason for that is that most of your viewers will end up coming from novelupdate anyway, so you don't really care about the traffic of scribblehub at the time of your posting. It has been quite a few months since I last posted, so data may have changed, but for me, the best time was around 6 am CET. I consistently got 3 hours+ in the top 3 which in turn led me to get much more views.

However, these types of strategies pale considerably compared to the effect a good cover/synopsis/title can make. You want to focus on those first before thinking about these details.