Income

Motsu

Game Lead Programmer x WebAppSoft
As for a more reasonable statement, this request isn't for everyone and I am most likely on the side of not having this. First of all, ads are not something any user can have. If you set up an ad, it is still considered a website's ad and you won't get any income. Whatsoever, you do get exposure. (correct me if I am wrong)

Second, if you want something like subscriptions, paywall, or etc. Then this isn't the place for you. There are far other sites that offer that, and for one, nobody likes it and that's why most users would start from here because it is a free site, and donating is not compulsory—it is of free will.

Lastly, there are many forms of getting income other than Patreon in here. It is listed and if you still don't like them, then that's your problem. Remember, stuff like Patreon can never be your part-time source of income. If you want income, you should start by thinking about what you can do with your writing... if you're even good at it huhu

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
That's not ever happening. The ads are giving money to Tony, not to you. It's his website, not yours.

And if you don't want to use patreon, the site has built-in support for Paypal, Ko-fi and Subscribestar as well. Choose one of them.

Also, adding ways of directly handling money with the website is a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge legal hassle. Tony is definitely not going to go through that.

DarkGodEM

Book Editor
That's not ever happening. The ads are giving money to Tony, not to you. It's his website, not yours.

And if you don't want to use patreon, the site has built-in support for Paypal, Ko-fi and Subscribestar as well. Choose one of them.

Also, adding ways of directly handling money with the website is a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge legal hassle. Tony is definitely not going to go through that.
I feel what his talking is about what Neovel does, where authors get a small portion of the website revenue based off of their reads. Tbh it would be good, but it'd require transparency on how much the website makes, which is probably not something most are willing to do

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
When a website handles money, the site is now governed by a different law. In the United States for example, a website that holds money, handles money or is otherwise engaged in the transaction of money is considered as a 'bank' or 'non-bank' entity, depending on what they deal with. This falls under the Federal Reserves jurisdiction and Tony will now be required to be linked/sponsored/guaranteed by an actual bank. This means that Tony is now open to antitrust investigations and regular audits by the USA. As a Canadian, that would be a huge annoyance.

That's why websites would push all these money matters on to another site, which are run by a team of businessmen, technical staff and legal team. They already had all the documents and system in order and you need a team for this. Tony is just one person and he does this as a hobby. Providing a link to Patreon and Ko-Fi costs nothing and saves him the headache of writing a proposal to become a 'pseudo-bank'.

0niknight0

I seriously didn't know that this website is run by single individual when I posted the thread

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
I seriously didn't know that this website is run by single individual when I posted the thread
Most people probably don't know. :blob_evil_two:
But ignoring the bureaucracy, implementing ad revenue doesn't bring in thaaat much. Maybe the top 10 will gain nice pocket money.