What is the best compliment you have ever received?

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
My husband and I like to do goofy things while shopping. We stopped going together because of Covid and our baby. These days, I just give my husband a list, but back in the good old days before Covid, one of the cashiers said, "You must be the happiest couple in the world."

What about you? What is the best compliment you have ever received? If you can't decide, feel free to share more than one!

T.K._Paradox

Was Divided By Zero: Looking for Glovebox Jesus
My husband and I like to do goofy things while shopping. We stopped going together because of Covid and our baby. These days, I just give my husband a list, but back in the good old days before Covid, one of the cashiers said, "You must be the happiest couple in the world."

What about you? What is the best compliment you have ever received? If you can't decide, feel free to share more than one!
"It is young men like you that give me hope for the future." A close friend of mine who was a pilot in World War Two, and a highly successful businessman afterwards.

CupcakeNinja

Pervert Supreme

"How haven't you had a girlfriend yet?"
My first HS girlfriend after finding out i had zero dating experience. Apparently, she was shocked. I was too. Like, really? You're surprised? That wasn't even mean as a compliment, but it made me feel good. Like she thought it was ridiculous I hadn't had one yet.

I guess i did have a fair bit of friends who were girls, but thats just cuz my niece was the same age as me and she brought over her friends alot and i got them heavy into anime culture after making the mistake of introducing them to shoujo stuff like Fruits Basket and Ouran High, so we had a few common interests and we talked alot.

That probably made people misunderstand that i was more Chad than i actually was lol.

D

Deleted member 22388

"You are cute" was the sentence that made me easily go red.
Nowadays I have harden my face unless they spout honest nonsense that can make me go berserk.

Last edited by a moderator:

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
i tend to forget compliments since i get so few of them, but last month I struck a conversation with an old aunt in a grocery store. when I mentioned my age she went

"you look so much younger than you are. you must have years ahead of you."

I decided to live for another month, just for that sweet old lady.

Lorelliad

If you love me, tie my hair 🎵
"Let's queue up all the time."

As someone who doesn't have many friends, much less people who play the games I do, I was glad to have found someone who genuinely enjoyed my company as much as I enjoyed hers.

She's sort of my older sister now.

LinXueLian

Always Handsome
"You're the type who will perform well in whichever department or field you enter anyway." - one of my ex-managers. It's a compliment I have never forgotten for many years! He even told me he wasn't complimenting me but giving me an honest review. I was very touched because I was always doubting my work back then.

Anti-Jarron7

You bathed?

Aaqil

Cookies!
I've been told i match my name, and that I'm a very comforting person, :blob_hmm_two:
The compliments i've received are too varied for me to pick between them, :blob_cookie:

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
"Thank you uncle!"

Initially I thought it was an insult because I was in my highschool age working as a volunteer helping out kids, I look old even till now and it kind of rubbed me off wrongly when I received said complement from one of the nicer kids.

But now that I think about it, it was nice, for them and for me.

As my age grows, the chances of complement is dropping to nothing, everyone expects you to perform in university and then in work and doing a good job becomes a thankless requirement. So yeah... turns out the best complement I ever had was helping people out.

killwrites

Need motivation
This was a nice, thought-provoking glimpse into a character's life. I love it!

-the only person who cared to comment on my very first webnovel. The fact that someone appreciated the amount of effort I went into crafting my MC really motivated me to keep writing~

BlackKnightX

**Imagine the context yourself~**
She said, “I think you’re pretty much perfect.”
I said, “You sound like a girl in love~“ I chuckled. “Nobody’s perfect, but I’ll take the compliment~”

Yeah, I think that’s the best one so far.

KittraMcBriar

Someone once told me I looked like a sexy gelfling, I liked that one. Another time a pashmina vendor told me I was the goddess of the Himalayas and gave me a free scarf