Confusion with the trending page

XKARNATION

Hey I recently started uploading a new novel called Damien Nightshade, yesterday it reached 26th on trending but today it was nowhere to be seen despite the fact I received 2x the number of views today.

Was wondering if anyone knows the secrets to the trending tabs requirements?

Agentt

Thighs
It's RNG in it's purest form.

There are many parameters, you see, not just views. It looks at how many people who visited your story actually stayed there, how many put it into their readers list, etc.

As a rule of thumb, consider that you get into trending when a large number of people visit your page almost at the same time

KiraMinoru

Untitled Generic Member
You don't get on trending two days in a row. At least, that's how it's supposed to work.
Yes... how it’s supposed to work... yet though rare, I’ve seen some stories that have occasionally shown up three days in a row at times.

Deeprotsorcerer

Skeletal Eromancer
Advertise your story everywhere instead of relying on trending. There's subreddits and other fourm communities starving for good reads but they'll never find you if you don't tell them you exist.

Just don't spam.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
You need to give both of my stories a one-star rating. The links are in my signature. 😇

Saileri

Your Friendly Neighborhood IT Guy
The day after you show quite high on the trending list (<100), you get lower priority and values of your variables that dictate the trending. It's still possible to overcome the "nerf" but you need a huge boost. You usually get a chance every other day. View spikes still take the majority of the case but they are not all that matters for the systems and there are quite a few hidden mechanics (like the novel's age on the site). It's not as easy to game it like it was in the past with just views.

HappyVainGlory

Honestly, trending isn't worth obsessing over. At most, it will give you a couple days of extra exposure, but if your quality isn't up to snuff and you don't update frequently enough then it's just a quick dopamine shot before vanishing like the morning after glow of a one-night stand. You want to build a long relationship with your readers and not just pump and dump.