Resolved My series disappeared from the trending list for some reason.

Jemini

I checked where my series was on the trending list today, it simply did not appear anywhere in the first two pages despite getting 1,700 views yesterday.

Yorth

Swordman
The trending system changed. Its using rising ranking right now. Im not sure how that would affect your novel's ranking, but the new system takes into consideration new comments and favorites and so on.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
The trending system changed. Its using rising ranking right now. Im not sure how that would affect your novel's ranking, but the new system takes into consideration new comments and favorites and so on.
So basically, spamming favorites and comments will get your ass on the top league?

Tony

Staff member
I checked where my series was on the trending list today, it simply did not appear anywhere in the first two pages despite getting 1,700 views yesterday.

The old trending system was replaced with a new one. As of checking this, you're #11 in the new trending system. This is the quick explanation of the new trending system:
The new rank is based on pageviews, comments, favorites and the number of readers you've gained during this period. It takes two different periods (days) and find out how much the series has grown during that period.

Pageviews, comments, favorites, readers gained, etc.... are worth a different amount of points. Pageviews are ranked the lowest of the points. Anyways, if you're not on the trending then the difference between the two periods (the past two days) is in the "minus". For example, let's say on day #1, you gained 1000 points. On day #2, you gained 900 points. In terms of points, you're -100 points which wouldn't get you in the trending page.

Jemini

Ok, thanks for the explanation. I haven't been checking the forum enough I guess. Good to know what's going on. (I got confused because, at the time I posted this, it was indeed not even on the first 2 pages. Guess it moved up a lot since then.)

Anyway, it all sounds good, a lot more balanced and fair for the up and comers. Series that have managed to gain a good strong following like mine can stand to step back for a little while.