Character suggestion for my card game?

Rainbowhero

I'm creating a card game, and I'm using characters that I've created before from games that I've created the idea for but have no hope (right now) of creating it into a game. instead, I'm repurposing them into unlockable characters. I don't need a full-blown character, just give me an idea of a personality and a build, and I'll build from there. I've just run out of ideas for right now, I only have 1 healer, 1 alchemist, 1 tank, 2 summoners (With 2 completely different strategies obviously), 2 rogues, and 1 brawler, although the brawler in question needs to take a chill pill.

Edit: The 2 rogues are different in that one uses a gun and the other is built on getting up close and personal

also, I forgot I had a character who is more of a charmer build, and forgot to include her in this count.

I'm also micro editing this comment for grammar mistakes

just as a massive edit that will help the reader and any who join in to find out what I already have by including my little summary text for the character, but I'll include their nickname and occasionally their name if I've already written about them before. Spoilers for some of my stories included (Sorry!)
“The Anomaly”
Mara “The grim reaper's intern, she’s all we could afford”
Puppetmaster “Don’t try to cut his strings…”
Alvar “The Severely Depressed Guardian” (A possessed tower shield)
Eir “Mechic” (Mix between a mechanic and a medic, she's the person that fixes people and machines, strangely have no machines yet)
Skid “Personal Problem Solver” (I don't even want to explain this guy)
Lilitya “The Rose Blade”
Kora “You and What Army?”
Rosalind “The Experiment” (She's the alchemist character that I mentioned in another response, she was a medical researcher experimenting in synthetic stem cells, her attacks deal a mix of poison and random effects)

suggestions in consideration
"Ice Witch"- I like the idea of a lady that is a witch and isn't being burned at the stake.
Ava "Face the music" is my own suggestion here, but I'm still torn on this one.
Aina (But good god am I gonna need to nerf her.)
Aerith Aleister( I needed a gunner character, not expecting a full military trained character)

Last edited:

Ymadthepirate

Professional Bitch Faggot in da house
How about a Spider Rider

-It rides a spider making it incredible fast
-Can shoot webs preventing cards from escaping
Acidic Bite

Rainbowhero

How about a Spider Rider

-It rides a spider making it incredible fast
-Can shoot webs preventing cards from escaping
Acidic Bite
I really should have mentioned that it plays like the game "One step from Eden," so It really is an extremely fast-paced card game. I always forget to add the little details like this, I only took the movement Idea, but the game will definitely not work with that kind of character. second, I already have a character who uses an acidic attack, and I think her gimmick is so unique that she kinda has to get her own special treatment from me. also, she was hit by a nuke, so I definitely can't replace her and keep her unique

Edit: here's a link to the one-step from Eden trailer here
and sorry for immediately shooting down your idea, she's the alchemist character that I mention in the first comment.

EternalSunset0

I really should have mentioned that it plays like the game "One step from Eden," so It really is an extremely fast-paced card game. I always forget to add the little details like this, I only took the movement Idea, but the game will definitely not work with that kind of character. second, I already have a character who uses an acidic attack, and I think her gimmick is so unique that she kinda has to get her own special treatment from me. also, she was hit by a nuke, so I definitely can't replace her and keep her unique

Edit: here's a link to the one-step from Eden trailer here
and sorry for immediately shooting down your idea, she's the alchemist character that I mention in the first comment.
One Step from Eden really looks like Megaman Battle Network. One of my fave GBA series :D

As for the character, I think you can try a "controller" type character. Someone who does a lot of zone control. Maybe an ice mage or something that creates pillars, obstacles, and such. Fiction archetypes will probably pivot her into

1. a graceful, silent character (probably with long hair) or 2. crazy ice witch or 3. playful giggly child unaware of the implications of her powers

so you can start making modifications and playing around from there.

Rainbowhero

One Step from Eden really looks like Megaman Battle Network. One of my fave GBA series :D

As for the character, I think you can try a "controller" type character. Someone who does a lot of zone control. Maybe an ice mage or something that creates pillars, obstacles, and such. Fiction archetypes will probably pivot her into

1. a graceful, silent character (probably with long hair) or 2. crazy ice witch or 3. playful giggly child unaware of the implications of her powers

so you can start making modifications and playing around from there.
I like the Graceful silent character the most, I do actually already have a playful giggly child, who is actually Kora from my own story, a crazy ice witch sounds the best though to me, too bad that I already have a graceful character in Lilitya.
Here's a nice Idea, I need a musician character in my opinion, although I have nothing right now in mind for her.
edit: or him, I just thought I might bring AVA from my own stories, who is a rabbit-eared girl who fights to the sound of music.

Linds

A character I created to add in my story if I write But I'm too lazy to do that.

Aerith Aleister

[Gun Freak]

She is mostly calm and collected. She uses guns as her main weapons. Sniper is her favourite. She enhances bullets with magic. She is also proficient in close quarters combat. She also has a special ability that allows her to go into semi-sleep mode where she is aware of everything that's happening outside. She has another ability which allows her to observe her targets without being interfered by anything, like wall or shield. With both abilities combined, she can know and see everything about others. She also uses a technique that uses Ether to coat bullets. Due to her special Ability, the Ether coated bullets gain the ability to ignore everything, as in defense. She uses this along with her ability to assassinate high treat and dangerous characters for the world council (or whatever else). She uses sniper rifles mostly, but she can also use other modern weaponry including pistols, rifles, shotguns, flamethrowers, rpgs etc plus even vehicles.
She has long brown hair. Emerald green eyes. Her hair covers her left side of the face. She wears a headphone on her head always. Also mostly wears jackets.

Fun fact: She is always sleeping xD
She can also go into berserk mode releasing all her limits with Ether. In, that mode she hits extra hard due to her being able to ignore more defense. (as in 30% now if it was 10% earlier)

Last edited:

Rainbowhero

A character I created to add in my story if I write But I'm too lazy to do that.

Aerith Aleister

[Gun Freak]

She is mostly calm and collected. She uses guns as her main weapons. Sniper is her favourite. She enhances bullets with magic. She is also proficient in close quarters combat. She also has a special ability that allows her to go into semi-sleep mode where she is aware of everything that's happening outside. She has another ability which allows her to observe her targets without being interfered by anything, like wall or shield. With both abilities combined, she can know and see everything about others. She also uses a technique that uses Ether to coat bullets. Due to her special Ability, the Ether coated bullets gain the ability to ignore everything, as in defense. She uses this along with her ability to assassinate high treat and dangerous characters for the world council (or whatever else). She uses sniper rifles mostly, but she can also use other modern weaponry including pistols, rifles, shotguns, flamethrowers, rpgs etc plus even vehicles.
She has long brown hair. Emerald green eyes. Her hair covers her left side of the face. She wears a headphone on her head always. Also mostly wears jackets.

Fun fact: She is always sleeping xD
She can also go into berserk mode releasing all her limits with Ether. In, that mode she hits extra hard due to her being able to ignore more defense. (as in 30% now if it was 10% earlier)
This one is good, as I can make her immune to any sleeping ability (If I ever add one), but I think that because it is your character, and it is fully developed, I'll make them a character that gets a source from you if I use them.
Black Lotus + Pot of Greed + Seven of Diamonds

That’s my idea
I'm gonna need some more explaining for this one, as a 7 of diamonds means challenges at work, while the pot of greed I also can assume, the black lotus is something I'm going to have to google
Ok, googled it, it seems like a character that controls their own fate, I like the idea, but the application in code is probably going to be harder than anything else I've done before.

Last edited:

Linds

Assistance Interface With Nanotech Alternative A.K.A AINA

She is also known as AINA.
She is a artificial human. Also known as Auman. They have the same appearance as humans. They can do everything humans do, even reproduce. Though they are very picky when it comes to choosing the partner. Though they have a soft white tail which is normally hidden. Its similar to a wire but elastic and dangerous. They can launch dangerous attacks with it. Their blood is silver normally. Though they can camouflage it, so that the color becomes ordinary blood red. They have long lives and they never age after reaching a certain age. For some its 10, for some its 15. Minimum is 8 while maximum is 30. They are mostly girls. The population ratio of female and male are 9:1.
AINA is very intelligent. She has long silver hair that shines with blue lights. Every part of her bodily hair is silver-white. Her body is Snow white. She also has platinum white eyes. She has a voluptuous body. She is very caring and considerate. She is also very intelligent and clever plus level-headed.

AINA can do many things. There is no system she cannot hack be it human mind or machines due to her nanites being made of pure Psi-Force. She can also transform herself into information form, being able to ignore damage for a while (it consumes too much energy). She can also sent mini tsunami of nanites that can self destruct. She can repair and Regenerate herself. (You might need to nerf her)

She comes from a distant cosmic civilization that was destroyed. She is the only of its surviving member. The civilization was destroyed due to a machine rebellion (which she wasn't a part of as she was just born at that time and still in deep sleep)

Rainbowhero

Assistance Interface With Nanotech Alternative A.K.A AINA

She is also known as AINA.
She is a artificial human. Also known as Auman. They have the same appearance as humans. They can do everything humans do, even reproduce. Though they are very picky when it comes to choosing the partner. Though they have a soft white tail which is normally hidden. Its similar to a wire but elastic and dangerous. They can launch dangerous attacks with it. Their blood is silver normally. Though they can camouflage it, so that the color becomes ordinary blood red. They have long lives and they never age after reaching a certain age. For some its 10, for some its 15. Minimum is 8 while maximum is 30. They are mostly girls. The population ratio of female and male are 9:1.
AINA is very intelligent. She has long silver hair that shines with blue lights. Every part of her bodily hair is silver-white. Her body is Snow white. She also has platinum white eyes. She has a voluptuous body. She is very caring and considerate. She is also very intelligent and clever plus level-headed.

AINA can do many things. There is no system she cannot hack be it human mind or machines due to her nanites being made of pure Psi-Force. She can also transform herself into information form, being able to ignore damage for a while (it consumes too much energy). She can also sent mini tsunami of nanites that can self destruct. She can repair and Regenerate herself. (You might need to nerf her)

She comes from a distant cosmic civilization that was destroyed. She is the only of its surviving member. The civilization was destroyed due to a machine rebellion (which she wasn't a part of as she was just born at that time and still in deep sleep)
You don't need to go too much in the future, I'm trying to keep a little fantasy, with a few exceptions with certain items and artifacts, or active abilities like Eir's pull start healing device
I should mention too, that I'm trying to make it so that they're all stuck to 3-4 gimmicks, like how Rosalind has the ability to deal a lot of damage to enemies through status effects, at the cost of removing the capability of permanent buffs.
example character, I made him off of my opinion of a good friend of mine, I think he'll love it.
Skid “Personal Problem Solver”- a fast and reckless Runer, will come in and beat down His enemies with his reinforced Runer Gauntlets, and won’t stop until he runs out of breath. his name is because of the Skidmarks that cover his armor from past battles, still standing though, and no worse for wear. Although he has probably got some brain damage of some kind.
  • Runer Gauntlets-Paunch!
    • “It’s solved every other problem I’ve ever had, so why not this one” Skid asks
      “Because that’s not going to work with kids,” Eir responds (Don't ask)
  • Don’t- Stop their ability to use spells for 1 second after they are hit.
    • "I told you not to do it!"- Skid
  • Stop!- Enemies hit by your attacks stop in their tracks
    • Running away, are you? You yellow bastards!
  • Believin’- You lose the ability to continually attack like other characters, adding a bar that decreases with every attack, but your damage increases with every strike by –%
    • I’ve been trying to give it my 100%, but only like 12% of the 100% is getting through.
  • Hold onto that feeling!- all health lost adds to the damage dealt, at 1 health you would give a 100% increase
    • I’ll just bite the bullet until I’m through with you!
I can, say that I just made the perks the lyrics of a song because It seemed appropriate for this character

Last edited:

Linds

Reaper

There are many pledges a person has to make before they can become a Reaper. That is one of the reasons why Reapers are trusted so much.

Reaper's Pledges mostly are :

1. To Judge everyone equally, otherwise they'll be sinners themselves and be chased down.

2. To not use their power to kill the innocent. Though who is innocent, the Reaper's should know themselves using their eyes.

3. To protect the Protected race's in their plight or call.

The Reaper can deal extreme critical damage, although they have low health. They can also revive once using [Reaper's Revenge]. They are also master of poison, so they can easily incapacitate, poison, paralyze targets once hit. They have high speed and extreme accuracy. (didn't create a definite gender as they change their previous race after the pledge). They can use every type weapons but prefer scythe, knife, needles, rapier, throwing knifes etc.

Fun fact: they do 3x damage against 'evil' targets and 1.5x damage against 'monster'

Rainbowhero

Reaper

There are many pledges a person has to make before they can become a Reaper. That is one of the reasons why Reapers are trusted so much.

Reaper's Pledges mostly are :

1. To Judge everyone equally, otherwise they'll be sinners themselves and be chased down.

2. To not use their power to kill the innocent. Though who is innocent, the Reaper's should know themselves using their eyes.

3. To protect the Protected race's in their plight or call.

The Reaper can deal extreme critical damage, although they have low health. They can also revive once using [Reaper's Revenge]. They are also master of poison, so they can easily incapacitate, poison, paralyze targets once hit. They have high speed and extreme accuracy. (didn't create a definite gender as they change their previous race after the pledge). They can use every type weapons but prefer scythe, knife, needles, rapier, throwing knifes etc.
I actually have a reaper character, she's the reapers intern, and she has quite a backstory, I've started on her in this series. obviously have tried to make her as unique as possible.
She can revive infinitely, but she has to parry the grim reaper every time. if you want I'll give the backstory on her in a summary, but right now she's just known as the reaper's intern

Linds

Brian Walker

[Time Walker]

He is from another verse of the Multiverse. He can ignore time paradox and easily change the past. His race is tasked to eliminate the people who will end worlds. He can accelerate, slow and stop time easily. When near-death, he actives his race specific ability [Golden Time], with that he reverses all damage done to him and returns to full health. He also uses the reversed damage to increase max hp for a while and transfer 30% total damage done to him to his opponent.

Rainbowhero

Brian Walker

[Time Walker]

He is from another verse of the Multiverse. He can ignore time paradox and easily change the past. His race is tasked to eliminate the people who will end worlds. He can accelerate, slow and stop time easily. When near-death, he actives his race specific ability [Golden Time], with that he reverses all damage done to him and returns to full health. He also uses the reversed damage to increase max hp for a while and transfer 30% total damage done to him to his opponent.
I also have a time travel character in my game too, and she's a tutorial character, (meaning she might be powerful, but she's not powerful alone.) I have a story for her too, but I haven't updated it for a bit since I've been making characters. I'm not saying that your idea is bad though, as a character that punishes those that attack them might be good.
Rija Ticker “The Anomaly”- time traveler, paradox avoider, nervous nail nibbler, and part-time hero. She can stop time for 3 seconds to rack up damage for up to 2 shots from her temporal discharge.
  • Temporal discharge- a rail gun that reflects the looks of a revolver. opens up a time tunnel through the barrel that allows it to charge up speed quickly and efficiently until finally released by the player, it takes only up to 1.25 seconds to charge, but it can only be held for 3 seconds before the gun loses control and fires in a random direction.
    • It has a 74% chance of not resulting in a time-breaking paradox that rips open time and destroys the world instantaneously every time it is shot. Good thing the laws of time fix it almost immediately.
  • Time-stopper- 3-second time stop that activates after every minute, it can also be activated by the player through the activate button. It resets after the next free time stop activates
    • Stop! Wait a minute! The remix version
  • Inevitable- respawn 5 minutes back, resets, no cooldown but it doesn't put you in any better of a situation than the one you were in 5 minutes ago, can't go past the first 5-minute mark, so if you're stuck, just restart.
    • I found the Secret extra life!
She uses the Trickster deck, to enable her to charge up her gun without opposition and to cause general distress to the opposing force.
She is human under the armor

Linds

Axton Hunter

[Battlefield Analyzer]

He has [Eyes of Analysis]. They can give 360 vision, calculated-foresight, spell (magic) countering ability. He has no blindside due to 360 vision. He can analyze the battlefield can create a foresight that grants him the chance to ignoring the attack (other that concept attacks that have 100% hit rate). He can copy opponents spell and magic ability once he sees them. He can hijack spell and magic formation and attacks, sending them to their attacker. He can use every conventional weapon. He is also a weapon master, easily blocking and countering attacks.

Rainbowhero

Axton Hunter

[Battlefield Analyzer]

He has [Eyes of Analysis]. They can give 360 vision, calculated-foresight, spell (magic) countering ability. He has no blindside due to 360 vision. He can analyze the battlefield can create a foresight that grants him the chance to ignoring the attack (other that concept attacks that have 100% hit rate). He can copy opponents spell and magic ability once he sees them. He can hijack spell and magic formation and attacks, sending them to their attacker. He can use every conventional weapon. He is also a weapon master, easily blocking and countering attacks.
Well, with this character, I think that ability to just ignore attacks isn't a fair skill, the copy skill however is already a concept I have, but I never implemented it, Hijack is not something that I would be able to code easily, as it would have to change the tag of it. although I can just give him the ability to reflect their attack when they're near him if he activates it fast enough (Like dark souls and its parry system), maybe I'll remake this character as a Reflecting monk. I don't see any problem with the ability to fully block attacks. I just don't see it being activated all the time like you're describing it now as fair.

Last edited:

Linds

Well, with this character, I think that ability to just ignore attacks isn't a fair skill, the copy skill however is already a concept I have, but I never implemented it, Hijack is not something that I would be able to code easily, as it would have to change the tag of it. although I can just give him the ability to reflect their attack when they're near him if he activates it fast enough (Like dark souls and its parry system), maybe I'll remake this character as a Reflecting monk. I don't see any problem with the ability to fully block attacks. I just don't see it being activated all the time like you're describing it now as fair.
Instead of ignore, give him higher dodge chance. That should do it. Hijack is based on novel so of course should be different in game. Reflection should be ok.

As for background story, he was just lucky to be born with one of the most desired eye abilities

P.S. He was a side character xD
P.P.S. He likes ladies but is extremely unlucky with them, imagine Brock with Yuki Rito bad luck. (no, ladies hate him)

Rainbowhero

Instead of ignore, give him higher dodge chance. That should do it. Hijack is based on novel so of course should be different in game. Reflection should be ok.

As for background story, he was just lucky to be born with one of the most desired eye abilities

P.S. He was a side character xD
P.P.S. He likes ladies but is extremely unlucky with them, imagine Brock with Yuki Rito bad luck. (no, ladies hate him)
Dodging is active (Watch the one step from Eden trailer and watch the movement, you'll understand then), instead, I'll make him move faster, similar to Mara, lilitya, and Kora( she flies everywhere anyways though).
Here's the link

ElliePorter

Crimson Queen Of The Night
How about an immortal lich? Every fantasy has this one.

He was a curious young man that became so absorbed by his research that he obtained the ultimate form after 80 years.

Reborn_Cat

A lazy cat pretending to be human
A tattooed rune mage with the tattoos obviously being runes, I think you can have a great ethnic style character designed from this concept like a gypsy looking guy/girl