Have you felt empty?

Monaka

Have you ever felt empty after seeing other people's achievement and thought you'd never surpass them no matter how hard you tried, losing your motivation to do anything? If so, what did you do to get through that time?

SailusGebel

You poor lost soul.

Redemit

Only on days ending with y and then I shrug it off and move on with my life

Esper

When I was working on a rp server. I was so, so, so deep into the story, I was a admin because I had helped so often with the other admins and played in the story. But... The owner of the server was... troublesome? They focused more on the NSFW side of the server, they didn't balance some of the stuff, and oh yeah they made a side part more important than the actual matter that was MENT to be the focus. As it got worse and worse, me and a friend started talking to the owner, they just said, "yeah I'll work on that" and guess what? they didn't, they hated how I played, because I made a npc who was MENT TO BE TOUGH, and they thought it would be to hard, WHEN THE POINT WAS A WAR!

(Edit): the friend who helped me talk to the owner, and was trying to fix it as well, left not long after that happened. I was on my own trying to fix things.

Okay... so sorry for starting to rant but, this shit was so annoying, so painful to watch as I was invested, and soon I felt like I couldn't do anything, I slowly looked at the sunken cost fallacy. I had to leave, I was getting to pissed over a game, and was watching as the fun game become a burning pile of madness and unwarranted rage against me and them. I left, it hurt so much as I was pretty close to a friend in there... we did a sad leaving rp... I cried from the pent up emotions, the sadness of leaving, and just the want to FIX IT, but knowing I would only get more and more enrage, tired, and burnout.

(Second edit): how I got over the fact that most of my cooler friends hanged there, enjoyed things even if it was busted, and complained but stayed. I simply looked for a new group of friends, and enjoy life after feeling that void. you never forget it, I think, but you try to look past it.

Last edited:
i don't really care about surpassing anyone.

i just have my own way of doing things and i feel comfortable with that, even if i'm just a nobody.

Last edited:

doravg

103/4001 (too lazy to count the stories again.)
I feel like that after I do my writing quota. While I write, I have a purpose. I create my own little escapes from reality. Everything for the rest of the day is so...dull. Go to work, do your job, if there are clients with data for you to input. Do your own thing, if not. Boring days with just small glimmers of light every morning before work.

As for other's achievements? Well, they worked hard to get them. I worked hard to get my own. There is no need for me to stare in their plates.

D

Deleted member 54065

Have you ever felt empty after seeing other people's achievement and thought you'd never surpass them no matter how hard you tried, losing your motivation to do anything? If so, what did you do to get through that time?
I won't deny I went through that, but well, nowadays, I believe that I'm making my own path.

Those people who are successful before me have their own share of suffering before they achieved what they have today, whether they admit it or not. Success don't come easy. And thinking about that, I'd say they deserve it, and I'd cheer for them because of that.

As for me, I'm my own standard. I can only compare to myself. If I failed, then I just have to stand again and try a different route up.

georgelee5786

2024 Shovel Duel Champion
Nope, I have always had blood, organs, and bones within my body. Therefore, I am never empty. Jokes aside, nope. If I feel empty, I just shove the feeling aside.

Daitengu

Not really. I'm the embodiment of sloth and apathy. I'm a mess and I don't envy the works of others.

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
No.

Linko

Is this a signal that I should get my things in order?

WeissBlatt

Running on fumes
My stomach feels kinda empty right now. Does that count?

I only compare myself with who I used to be, and that guy was so hopeless that actually trying to do stuff is an improvement, even if I fail.

Marunikyu

Most excellent anti-Marxist smut writer
Not really. I always knew I was generally better than most people, but ever since a pseudo-uridine gene therapy came out, I feel even better. So many people cripple themselves or perish, while I'm extremely healthy. I will survive through the next end of the world and have a hundred children, and they will all die. :blobtaco: :ROFLMAO:
My emptiness is filled with qi. Life qi.🤌