Writing Is my novel fast-paced or just right?

JoshLane

Volume 1 of my novel is reaching its end in a couple of chapters or so, and I'm genuinely curious if the pacing of it is too fast or if it's just the right amount since currently there are 13 chapters with more than 1500 words each.

I'm worried basically if having the first volume end in less than 25 or so chapters makes the pacing fast that it becomes overwhelming for the readers to keep up with the plot.

So, some advice would greatly be appreciated.

RedHunter2296

Competitive Professional In Being Ignored
Don't worry about going too fast or too slow. Make it as long as you feel you need to be. For if the story needs information but you cut it to make it fast, you will probably omit information. If some part of it is meant to be short, don't make it longer, because you won't know what to do to fill it in.

Make it as short or long as you consider necessary. My novel is 139 chapters long, I feel I'm just finishing the beginning and my readers say I'm going too fast, too much too soon. In short, just do what you think is necessary, nothing more, nothing less.

Last edited:

JoshLane

Don't worry about going too fast or too slow. Make it as long as you feel you need to be. For if the story needs information but you cut it to make it fast, you will probably omit information. If some part of it is meant to be short, don't make it longer, because you won't know what to do to fill it in.

Make it as short or long as you consider necessary. My novel is 139 chapters long, I feel I'm just finishing the beginning and my readers say I'm going too fast, too much too soon. In short, just do what you think is necessary, nothing more, nothing less.
Thanks. That really put a weight off my shoulders.
Pacing is good
Thanks to you as well.