Overthinkingggg chara personality

Sageash

I can't help it

Me be overthinking character's personalities

at first it was fine then I was like am I making personalities different enough then I was like are they similar then I was like are what is personality in text

and yea pretty much brain messed up by overthinking

Schultz_von

What The Hell Are You Talking About GIFs | Tenor

LilRora

Mostly formless
>.> Yea, I can see that.

You can try first choosing what they will do, and then adjusting the details according to the specifics of their personalities. If there are inconsistencies later, don't try to fix everything, but give a good reason why it was different.

JayDirex

I can't help it

Me be overthinking character's personalities

at first it was fine then I was like am I making personalities different enough then I was like are they similar then I was like are what is personality in text

Yeah, I know what you mean. A suggestion. When you have some energy, take your character out for Tea/Coffee and ask them to tell you a story.

1. Ask them about their parents. Were they strict, easy going?

2. First kiss? Where? In school? How did it happen.

3. let them tell you that story.

What I want to know is.

A. Is the character kind, neutral, a jerk?
B. What do they want? Friends. Revenge. To be someone?...money?
C. What would they say to an old friend they ran into on the street?

vzymmer

Character personality is only a guideline.
Don't focus on it too much, because it can change depending on the scenario.

Like if a gentle character turns beserker because of lose and then turns into an edgy and guilt ridden character later in the story.

So while it is important to think about the complexity of the character, it's only a guideline of how the character reacts to stimuli.

Dieter

the Writer
If you're struggling to discriminate your characters and make them each feel distinct, you might just not know enough. But I'll say this, that
not every speech can be assigned to its proper speaker, because many speeches have nothing charactistical about them. And of course, vice versa. The choice is right when there is a reason for choice.

Sageash

If you're struggling to discriminate your characters and make them each feel distinct, you might just not know enough. But I'll say this, that
not every speech can be assigned to its proper speaker, because many speeches have nothing charactistical about them. And of course, vice versa. The choice is right when there is a reason for choice.
Yea it is like I want every sentence or action to represent that they are they or maybe something else

but my mind be overthinking my own character be like am I showing their personality clearly

Jailbreak571

Former CEO of Kamazon. Active lurker
I let fate decide what the personality of my characters.