Writers, keep a journal for your ideas.

doravg

104/4001 (too lazy to count the stories again.)
Hear me out, keeping a journal is better than trying to get your muse to come to work at certain times of the day. I am currently working on a fan fiction because that was the only thing I got a head for, after my slight burn out, but I began to keep a journal for ideas for original stories. So far, I have two novelettes planned for after I have finished with my current project. I will keep on collecting vampire themed ideas (The title is: My Vampire Neighbor in Tralalandia (Yes, I will aim for first person humor in a High Fantasy world with wagons and flying orange pigs.)), and other, which I will write separate from the vampire ones, and make a collection of novelettes, or maybe even novellas.

I have 160 days to complete it, seeing as I have a backlog of a single book, which is 101 chapters, that I won't post, until A Demon's Life is fully posted in SH. (I will make something that is at least 1m words (I hope)! A true BL Frankenstein's monster about vampires.)

When the muse goes on a strike, the only thing you can do, is write down whatever she blurts out, when she is feeling generous. Happy writing. =)

DarkeReises

Ultimate Wankmaster, Jizzer of Universes
My muse is dead. Shot and murdered in her own home, her corpse brutally mutilated and dragged to a public square, and strung along a tree.

doravg

My muse is dead. Shot and murdered in her own home, her corpse brutally mutilated and dragged to a public square, and strung along a tree.
I thought the same about my original muse, as the only one that spoke to me was the fan fiction muse. But it is coming back to me, and I write down the ideas in a journal I got for New Year from my office. I write with a pencil. There is something magical about pencils that I just can't place my finger on. You should try writing your ideas with a pencil.

DarkeReises

Ultimate Wankmaster, Jizzer of Universes
I thought the same about my original muse, as the only one that spoke to me was the fan fiction muse. But it is coming back to me, and I write down the ideas in a journal I got for New Year from my office. I write with a pencil. There is something magical about pencils that I just can't place my finger on. You should try writing your ideas with a pencil.
I don't write, hence I don't require ideas. I just keep my dick in hand and lose myself to the degenerate creations of others as I fade from thought.

Snowyflakes

Until I find one notebook or journal (solely for writing ideas for books) that fits my design taste, I write whatever ideas come to mind on my phone or on Word. There are a few things I jot down on paper, but I want a journal only for this purpose. Also, I found it helpful to search for quotes on Pinterest and note or save those that you like for later. Maybe they would serve as writing prompts or even as a muse later. Oh, and writing with a pencil is a good idea. You can easily erase something if you want without making too much of a mess. And it gives a unique feeling that I can't express in words. Not now, at least.:sweating_profusely:

doravg

I now have ten ideas written in my journal. If they have at least 20k words each, I am one fifth of the way to what I want. If they are not, well, I have at least five more days to brainstorm.

WingsOfPhantasy

Tomboy Agenda Symphathizer
My muse has bouts of insanity where she occasionally shouts 'The time of judgment is near!', 'Despair shall fill your heart aplenty!', and other weird stuff like that.
Plus, she has a morbid fascination with goat's blood and the Necronomicon.
Now that's cool and all, but I'm trying to write fanfiction.
Does anyone have a more laidback and chill muse they'd like to trade with?

doravg

My muse has bouts of insanity where she occasionally shouts 'The time of judgment is near!', 'Despair shall fill your heart aplenty!', and other weird stuff like that.
Plus, she has a morbid fascination with goat's blood and the Necronomicon.
Now that's cool and all, but I'm trying to write fanfiction.
Does anyone have a more laidback and chill muse they'd like to trade with?
Why don't you write a story about a Crossroads demon, then?

DubstheDuke

Journal?

I have an entire database for my stories.

Characters, backstories, nations, hierarchies and political structures, historical events, plotlines, abilities and systems, you name it.

Pujimaki

Padoru trash writer
Idea is good, but it will take months or years to finish that idea.

doravg

It takes me no more than 20 days to finish a project. I can't concentrate for longer on a single story. Still, I feel like I can stretch this project, since I will have new characters every 20 chapters or so, in a connected universe, where what happens in the previous stories will matter. You won't believe how many stories you can get out of the premise: My neighbor is a vampire. I already have 12 written in my journal.
Does an encyclopedia count?
Well, it is a form of a journal, I guess?
They are 13, now.

Last edited:

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
My muse sometimes screams in my ear while my hands are full of child.

doravg

I wrote the first short story today. 5k words, but it was in three acts.

the thing about it was, when i have a good idea, it sometimes becomes so boring when i write them down. and if it's boring, i'd rather not force myself to write.

so i just spend a lot of time organizing my thoughts and exploring these ideas before writing them, if they're worth it.

while not all of them will make me want to write it to its end, i do feel it's a fun process, especially the exploration of ideas, not just whether it works or not.

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
Huh. I wrote an encyclopedia once. 112 books. took about four years. Never used a journal. Not sure how it would have helped.