Is going back in time and liking your lover's past self liking a different person?

Ararara

No, but it makes for a strange power dynamic. You know things about them that they've said to you in the future, but don't know that they've said them to you. And if the timeskip is long enough (more than 5 or 10 years?) It gets to the point where the age gap makes things tricky and weird, too. It's not a different person, no way, but it's the same person at a different point in time. They will be way, way different.

A great example of this are The Doctor and River Song from Doctor Who, if anybody has seen that show.~

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
More important question is if you NTR your past self is it netorare, netori or netorase?

Thief

If I talk about my lover then probably I'd rather them suffer along.
I'm suffering their suffering, we're all suffering and at this point it doesn't matter as long as she is the her that is of the present so I probably won't be getting together with them in that timeline if i do go back to alter it

SirItio

Time travel is pretty much impossible however you look at it. And there are good reasons for it. But, assuming we live in alternate universe with different physics, nothing guarantees that your lover will have the same experiences and end up the same person. Time is not a river. The universe is not deterministic. You're effectively "creating" a new version of your lover if you travel back (rewind, parallel universe, the difference here is purely philosophical) and that version has no connection to your old one. You can't "save" your lover. It already happened.