Defeat the OP Hax

FaustVoncleave

We have all read about characters who are just too OP for their own good and have a multitude of haxesses, which are sometimes too much to even make sense or comprehend.

I have seen too much and honestly it's making me wanna write a story where a SI goes in and bashes all of them so I request you guys to tell me how would you deal with protagonists who have

1. The ability to nullify all physical, magical, and energy attacks
2. Existence erasure
3. Divine blessings
4. Extrasensory perception
5. Banishing Shift
6. Void Manipulation
7. Reality warping
8. BFR
9. Infinite source of energy

And the usual variety of manipulations such as soul, gravity, elemental, and so on.

In my humble opinion,, only someone who becomes OP himself but that would defeat the very purpose wouldn't it? I don't really want it.
I mean, there are ways to beat those individually, but if you want something that can beat all of them on the same character without aking him a god, I can only think of two options.

1: Cheat nullification zone. In it only abilities a person has trained themselves can be used. This way you can still have the mc work on getting swole himself without cheats. It's a power that only works on cheats so it's easy to not make t too broken so long as you don't make the mc super gifted. This way a lot of the story can be about deconstructing the troupes by showing what a loser he super cool badass mc is when he's on an equal playing field. You can also change up the difficulty at your leisure by manipulating the strength of the op protagonists posse, who don't have cheats, so that a lot of the mc's challenges are separating the op protag from his group to take him on alone.

2: The second option is power design. Have the mc have the ability to design a power for him to use for a set time limit and with several limitations. With this method the story becomes more about the mc trying to gather enough information on the op protag he's aiming for to ensure he can score the kill in the time limit. That said, a lot of what I put for the first one could also apply here, like dealing with the op protag's posse being one of the biggest hurdles. This one has a bit of extra tension in the fights though, as in the first one the fight is won the moment the mc corners the op protag. In this one though, there's the question of did the mc discover everything about the op protag, or do they have an ace up their sleeve they've never used? Or maybe the op protag has a sudden breakthrough, or their patron god decided to throw in an extra blessing, either way it throws a wrench in the mc's calculations and now they have to use the power they designed smarter or die. This idea is a lot harder to execute than the first one and takes a lot of imagination, but the potential is also higher in my opinion.

There's a few other more niche methods I can think of without making the mc a straight up god, but honestly they're just variations of these two.

Premier

Dropping into an OP HAX MC’s world to tell them the writer has dropped their story, as reality begins to unwind to nothing around them.

CarburetorThompson

Fuel Atomization Enjoyer
Dropping into an OP HAX MC’s world to tell them the writer has dropped their story, as reality begins to unwind to nothing around them.
Tell them the author is turning it into a gender bender BL story because it isn’t getting enough views/

Chaos_Sinner777

Imprisoned Soul Seeking Isekai
So she could do any and everything cause every action follows a rule or a concept?
Atleast that's how I interpret it.
Kinda, she'd typically just passively ignore things unless she wants to play. And when taking action herself, she does certainly have aspects of reality warping, but she is innately Chaotic, so when she decides to act, the result would usually be unpredictable. She can assert her will over her nature to get specific outcomes, but rarely would have reason to bother. She's also usually immune to other aspects of nature/concepts if they are essentially lower tier ideas. Even I'm not certain how all to put ALL THAT into words. But like, for example, she can ignore Time to such an extent that she could experience the entire history of a reality from the outside in an instant, but she usually lowers herself to the point of experiencing the flow of Time in a logical manner for amusement. She can't really do anything about her counterpart "Order", but the same is true in reverse, so they're at a stalemate. And any lesser form of "Order" such as "Rules" or "Logic" don't apply to her. Lesser forms of herself, I.E. "Chaos", such as "Change" or "Luck" do work on her by default because they are herself. But she can suppress her own "Chaos" aspect if she wants, soooo, they can't really do her harm in any meaningful way, and if they manage to off guard her enough to, it'd only be in one instance within a given reality and she is an outerversal, conceptual-constant, being. Uhh, essentially she is Chaos itself, which is a natural part of all possible realities? If that explains anything in any way that makes sense. It's like the Greek mythology thing where the Primordials are the world itself, but taken to a further extreme.

Jemini

Dimension shift to hostile plane of existence. (Recommend a location without breathable air.)
2. Existence erasure
Preemptive attack
3. Divine blessings
Err... depends on the blessing
Just throw something stronger at them. Doesn't matter what they can sense if they have no way to fight it.
5. Banishing Shift
Throw a dimension shifter at them. They can just come back from being banished, no sweat.
6. Void Manipulation
Define void manipulation. Everyone has their own take on it.
7. Reality warping
Define the degree of reality warping. This can easily become a catch-all for god-tier power and wind up being undefeatable, or it can be the nuffed knock-off and be the easiest thing in the world to defeat. It can even have some form of Kryptonite in the form of an unwarpable substance.
BF what now? Don't throw strange acronyms at us if you actually expect help here.
Infinite energy is worthless without an outlet, so just disrupt the outlet method in a normal fashion.

Lynet

- Ambush in a cave then cause cave in (fancy word for collapse but kills everyone trapped in). Either death by crushed or suffocation.

2. Existence erasure
- Hmm would probably use reflection such as mirrors or a ability when researching how and when he activiates that ability.

3. Divine blessings
- Predation (steal abilities) / Descreation which decreases all blessed (necromancer)

- Find a reincarnated being/being who cannot be seen by future sights then use them to poison the person

5. Banishing Shift
- Killed via bow

6. Void Manipulation
- Killed in night whilst drugged to sleep.

7. Reality warping
- Overdose marihjuana and talk him to suicide to simply "experience". (Cannot do anything if he grants himself save point)

8. BFR
- No idea

- Make his body unable to contain his energy then keep it locked within themselves and simply explode from overflowed energy.

DiscoDream

Severe autist
Convince him that life isn't worth it, and to end himself.
2. Existence erasure
Assassination during sleep/sex/eating
3. Divine blessings
Too obscure - need context
Assuming that is his only superpower, a bullet to the face.
5. Banishing Shift
Guessing this is the ability to shift in and out of reality? If he can't move during the shift, replace his exit point with spikes.
6. Void Manipulation
Don't know what this entails
7. Reality warping
Don't know what this entails
8. BFR
Never heard of it, need context
Poison during sex, laced with sedatives. Convince him he just had the fattest nut and now wants to sleep.

Love4NovelGuy

There is one solution that works with all of the above, and that’s ‘Interpersonal Relationships’.

You would only be wary enough to activate your ability once someone is considered a threat, so the most viable option is to look as harmless as possible. Without that, everything is useless.

No amount of tactics can beat someone who can warp reality or has invulnerability. The only time you can even attempt to find a solution is when you’re in their vicinity and not seen as a threat.

From there, a multitude of things can happen. It could be accidentally coming across the one weakness they have, then slowly driving them towards their death.

In mythology, there was one invincible Irish spearman that couldn’t be defeated in battle due to the strengthening of vows, so the enemy general set him in situations where he’d have no choice but to break one of his vows at least.

Some vows included not declining food from a woman and not eating meat, so the general (I know this is not accurate descriptor bear with me) got a woman to offer him a plate of meat.

This kind of situation repeated until the buffs erased and he was killable.

There’s even a Manhwa where the same thing happens, but to a typical Chosen Hero.

Sometimes, the weakness is the heart that desires.

Jailbreak571

Former CEO of Kamazon. Active lurker
Try scp 682 treatment.
If you don't want that, try Murphy's law treatment.
If you aren't familiar with those, try someone with a higher dimensionality. Haxes don't work with them unless your character has some kind of adapting powers(which in my opinion, one of the strongest haxes).

Doesn't work? Try something bullshit like introducing a new type of power that the protagonist does not know of.

Concept manipulation. It's like your sword can cut everything and that's the law. No exception.

Antimagic.

Still doesn't work? Try veldanava treatment.

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
Let them kill themselves. Easy peasy. Since as you all know the bigger the cheats, the smaller they're in the sheets. Of brain tissue, don't know what you're thinking, perv.

Just medusa mirror them one way or another and you either killed them or crippled them enough for a fair chance at finishing them off for good. Plot armour doesn't work against plot armour, after all.

RynnTheTired

Pathological Sleepyhead
I personally like stories about OP characters who lose all their powers and have to struggle and try to cope with not having them. Or go through a redemption arc in order to earn them back again.

Though I guess you could say that's cheating because technically that's not an OP character, it's a formerly OP character. But I like cheating, so I'd probably do it that way anyways. :blob_sweat:

There's a Korean series called The Protagonists Are Murdered by Me, where the MC has to travel to different worlds and use clever tactics in order to defeat various cliche OP characters. He becomes more and more OP himself as the story progresses (and the plot kinda falls apart in the end, as most web novel plots do...), so it's probably not exactly what you had in mind. But it might give you a few ideas, especially the first half.

Last edited:

melchi

What is a custom title?
In Civ CEO each of the 'players' or avatars of gods that can build towns make armies and the like have to abide by the rules of the game. One of the warmonger players get defeated and forced to sign a truce on behalf of his empire (that is mostly nonexistent). He retreats and starts trying to rebuild using his remaining naval assets by attacking commercial ships. Because he is a battle junky he ignored the prompt that one said attacking one of his targets would break the treaty he was bound to. Because of that, he gets turned back into a normal person and looses his civ abilities. I thought that was an interesting mechanic.

arkyum

In Civ CEO each of the 'players' or avatars of gods that can build towns make armies and the like have to abide by the rules of the game. One of the warmonger players get defeated and forced to sign a truce on behalf of his empire (that is mostly nonexistent). He retreats and starts trying to rebuild using his remaining naval assets by attacking commercial ships. Because he is a battle junky he ignored the prompt that one said attacking one of his targets would break the treaty he was bound to. Because of that, he gets turned back into a normal person and looses his civ abilities. I thought that was an interesting mechanic.
Quite good