Drop-off in Chapter Views

Tumbmar

Hey guys, so I dropped an image here showing my chapter views for the last 20 chapters for my second story:

He who Conquered Death: https://www.scribblehub.com/series/616280/he-who-conquered-death-an-isekai-litrpg/

I had a pretty steep drop off in my first story after around the 7th chapter and this is sort of emulating that. Now I'm still getting new readers and have around 150+ but I'm kind of concerned that the majority of my readers aren't making it anywhere to the latest chapters. I was just wondering if this is normal.

1670197501100.png

Yairy

The Dreamer of Wonderland!
That tends to happen as the chapters get further into the story. I found many people like to wait for a bunch of chapters to drop, come back, and read them all at once. You wouldn't believe the number of times I see a random name start my story and suddenly reappear after a few months to make it to chapters 99/99 or whatever.

I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Edit: Write the story you love, not the one you hope people will love!

D

Deleted member 54065

Most probably, the drop is because most readers tend to 'save up' chapters before binge-reading them in one go. Still, it won't hurt to ask them if there's anything wrong with the chapter quality.

LostLibrarian

Looking at my story with drops from 3k views to 250 views...
Yeah... it happens :D

georgelee5786

2024 Shovel Duel Champion
Either they lost interest or are stacking chapters. Though, it could be both.

MajorKerina

That’s actually a very normal decline. If you look into stuff like YouTube let’s play series there’s always a certain amount of attrition. And I found especially with a series that contains multiple narratives that start and finish when you get to the last chapter there will be a spike of people checking it out to see how it ended it which I always find fascinating in both YouTube and writing.

Tumbmar

That’s actually a very normal decline. If you look into stuff like YouTube let’s play series there’s always a certain amount of attrition. And I found especially with a series that contains multiple narratives that start and finish when you get to the last chapter there will be a spike of people checking it out to see how it ended it which I always find fascinating in both YouTube and writing.
I have a bad habit of checking the end of a novel before reading it through, so there's that lol

Cipiteca396

More Gasoline 🎶
Perfectly normal. Even the most viewed stories have that sort of drop-off. Not everyone makes it to the end, and those that do may have gone back to look at old chapters for one reason or another. Comment chains are especially egregious for doping view counts on earlier chapters.

BigBadBoi

Honestly I just discover a novel I find more interesting or get addicted to a game and put stories on hold before binging it again when I feel like it. This results in my backlog being months or even years old. And then there's novels that I just drop.