Implemented Link to author on deleted series listing.

Taverius

Currently, it is impossible to get back to the author's page to find out if the rebooted it unless you can find their username through another website, your reading list is no help.

It's really infuriating (>_<)

Friend

... well am I? or not?
I would second this.

And also, while I don't currently follow any series that is or was deleted, I have seen when browsing user profiles the 'deleted' entries in Reading Lists. I assume leaving a reference in the list is meant for the user to manage their own list and remove the deleted references or something. And I'm enough of a programmer myself to know, it's a difficult enough thing to send notifications to users when a story they follow is deleted ― so they can remove it from their followed stories ― even if this might help 'streamline' the reader lists some. Surely when a story/chapter/whatever is deleted that can be linked, if a notification could be sent to its readers then maybe it would level out in due time?

As an adjunct to this topic, for a "not first person" perusal of a user's reading list, I also do not need to see the deleted stories.

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Currently, it is impossible to get back to the author's page to find out if the rebooted it unless you can find their username through another website, your reading list is no help.

It's really infuriating (>_<)
I would second this.

And also, while I don't currently follow any series that is or was deleted, I have seen when browsing user profiles the 'deleted' entries in Reading Lists. I assume leaving a reference in the list is meant for the user to manage their own list and remove the deleted references or something. And I'm enough of a programmer myself to know, it's a difficult enough thing to send notifications to users when a story they follow is deleted ― even if this might help 'streamline' the reader lists some. Surely when a story/chapter/whatever is deleted that can be linked, if a notification could be sent to its readers then maybe it would level out in due time?

As an adjunct to this topic, for a "not first person" perusal of a user's reading list, I also do not need to see the deleted stories.

Sure! This feature has been implemented. The author and link to their profile page should show now. It should show up as [Series Title] (Deleted) by [Author]

Friend

... well am I? or not?
Belated thanks, by the way. This is the first time since months ago that I've been back in the fora for any length of time to check back!